Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

26 minutes ago, john2000 said:

well from the moment that deadline basically said that could go way higher, that means that even they dont know lol

Of course they don't know because no one knows because at the time they wrote that it was what on the West coast again? It was bloody 11:54 AM! This early all we have is usually a range.

Now I'll go to bed wishing for 50+ and expecting more like 48 tomorrow morning. But I'm still in the 180-200 million in 6 days club, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Menor

Marcus is also doing it(discount tuesday). They manage 700 screens and off that I am expecting spidey to have 250-300 today. So that is lots of discount seats.

https://www.fandango.com/marcus-majestic-cinema-of-brookfield-AAUML/theater-page?date=2019-07-02

https://www.fandango.com/marcus-menomonee-falls-cinema-AAGLX/theater-page

Yeah there have been enough reports of discount shows that I think it will have some effect. Tbh anything above 40 million pure Tuesday is fine by me

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah there have been enough reports of discount shows that I think it will have some effect. Tbh anything above 40 million pure Tuesday is fine by me

I am not sure its all negative. I see theaters doing discount sellout everything. other theaters in the area are not close. So discount tickets will help it sell more tickets.

I looked at fandango across dozen major cities and Spidey evening shows are super strong, I am on board 50m OD.

Edited by keysersoze123

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am not sure its all negative. I see theaters doing discount sellout everything. other theaters in the area are not close. So discount tickets will help it sell more tickets.

I looked at fandango across dozen major cities and Spidey evening shows are super strong, I am on board 50m OD.

Yeah I do have a feeling that deadline and thr may be underestimating evening shows sure to a Tuesday opening but it's hard to say. Wish Pulse was there which would have allowed us to see the trend.

How the rest of the day looks at the AMC Ontario Mills 30

Dolby Cinema

4:00 PM - 176/203

7:30 PM - 186/203

11:00 PM - 168/203

3D Dine-In

3:30 PM - 55/78

6:00 PM - 41/63

7:00 PM - 54/78

9:30 PM - 36/63

10:30 PM - 49/78

RealD 3D

5:00 PM  - 93/167

8:30 PM - 132/167

9:00 PM - 74/114

12:00 AM - 2/167

12:30 AM - ?/?*

2D Spanish-Subtitled

5:30 PM - 90/114

2D

3:00 PM - 159/167

4:30 PM - 202/217

6:30 PM - 160/167

8:00 PM - 196/217

10:00 PM - 147/167

11:15 PM - 29/44

11:30 PM - 165/217

12:00 AM - 21/44

Total

2235/2938 (76.1%)

This specific group of shows was at 1990/2938 (67.7%) from my morning update

*This is a glitched sellout and because I cannot tell what theater it is in or how many seats are sold, it will not be included in the total unless the glitch is fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Action better? VFX? Tired of Marvel giving us great effects (Thanos) and terrible effects (Endgame's climax) in the same movie. 

Action's definitely good. There's a few really unique sequences that you'll know when you see them. Can't really comment on the effects, because I thought Endgame's climax looked good so idk if we would have the same opinion on vfx

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Action's definitely good. There's a few really unique sequences that you'll know when you see them. Can't really comment on the effects, because I thought Endgame's climax looked good so idk if we would have the same opinion on vfx

does spiderman become more of his own hero in the movie ? and out of the shadow of stark ?

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

From your lips....or keyboard. We seldom have Tuesday openings, since premium seating became the rage. However, I would assume that the professional analyst would have considered strong evening shows based on pre-sales. Although not a precise science, the data is there. Many on this site are excellent at extrapolating.

Anecdotally, my show here in NY was sold out and I did not get the benefit of the discount. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway for me, as I have the AMC A-List. I paid only for my son today. 

In fact, I chose a late morning show because the evening shows were crazy. Nevertheless, I still ended up in a sold out theater with about 180 seat capacity. The unpredictable factor is walk ups, but for shows that are already saturated, there won’t be that many. That’s why I would think the analyst would have a better handle on this and should have predicted high volume attendance for evening shows. Even I could see it and I am no expert. 

Can’t wait for our Asgardians! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

53 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Tuesday looking to $50 To $53 M ...

Shorter Trades:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

does spiderman become more of his own hero in the movie ? and out of the shadow of stark ?

I can't really go into any of this in this thread, considering it is very plot-heavy and would be pretty spoilerish. Just watch the trailers is all I can say really. They set up the film nicely, but there are some turns in the narrative as well. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I can't really go into any of this in this thread, considering it is very plot-heavy and would be pretty spoilerish. Just watch the trailers is all I can say really. They set up the film nicely, but there are some turns in the narrative as well. 

could you dm ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Yeah, Avatar is probably done. The only thing that could have stopped it was a drastic theater count reduction some were fearing would happen starting Tuesday. With this and its great holds/PTA, domestic alone from here on out probably gets it within $10 million or less of the record. And of course international can pull enough money in to get it over without needing another Disney push.

Spidey killin' it in Salt Lake. Sugarhouse Luxury Cinemark, 17 showtimes. Late afternoon/evening shows are basically sold out, with the later shows between 50-75% sold.

Total 353/434 81%.

I wasn't tracking EG or CM, so I don't have any comparisons for them, but this is definitely bigger locally than anything else that has come out so far in 2019. 

Edited by A Star is Orm
Typo
  • Like 4

Moderation

Spoilers include detailing character development.  Please be careful in this thread about the questions you ask and how you respond to questions.

There is a spoiler thread if you wish to go into detail.

Alternatively, go and see the movie.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The only films this summer that might severely overperform (besides JW3) are gonna be a Tom Holland Spider-Man movie and an Ari Aster horror flick.

This is Blank’s nightmare reality