Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

I haven't seen Far from Home yet and am quite hopeful, but I was disappointed in Homecoming, especially relative to the rest of the (very good!) Phase whatever this is. The cast was great and alot of the jokes definitely landed but every time it really got momentum it was interrupted by a terrible action scene. I'm not a fan of most of the Marvel fight scenes generally but these were next level boring. I'm not fully convinced that Jon Watts can direct his way out of a paper bag tbh.

• Like 1

Could be better, could be worse. Will beat 150 with ease but 200 seems more tricky. Hopefully Wed can be 30+.   

Start of 2018, MCU didn’t have any highest day of week records. Now Fri-Sun Endgame, Mon BP, Tues FFH.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So something like

On 7/1/2019 at 8:01 PM, VenomXXR said:

Final Prediction

Looking at all of the data and going with my general knowledge of the market, I'm predicting a $42-$44m OD.

bill murray pointing GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I haven't seen Far from Home yet and am quite hopeful, but I was disappointed in Homecoming, especially relative to the rest of the (very good!) Phase whatever this is. The cast was great and alot of the jokes definitely landed but every time it really got momentum it was interrupted by a terrible action scene. I'm not a fan of most of the Marvel fight scenes generally but these were next level boring. I'm not fully convinced that Jon Watts can direct his way out of a paper bag tbh.

I had no idea what I was looking at during that invisible plane scene.

• Like 4

Pretty damn good number, considering that it's fucking TUESDAY. Jesus, I get why they would release it on a Wednesday because of the holiday, but preview showings starting on a Monday night that ain't Christmas...that ain't it! I'm betting alot of people didn't rush out to see it and are just waiting until normal holiday or weekend days - I predicted over 400m domestic and this is still a larger opening than I'd expect on an unadvertised Tuesday.  Even I thought it dropped Wednesday until like, last week.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Also TS 4 around 10.75-11 and Endgame 0.65

I am doing rough calculations on these, will only give final update on rest in my time's after noon.

I'm actually surprised at that Toy Story jump. I didn't expect it to drop or anything, but I expected something more muted in like the teens or low 20s due to FFH kicking it out of the big auditoriums. A mid-30s jump from Monday is pretty solid, albeit not as amazeballs as last week.

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This is a very weird choice for opening day, no? The 7/3 Tuesday openings make sense or the Christmas season openers. This is random weekday and tomorrow isn't even a holiday. 

following the release pattern of Transformers (2007) and TASM from 2012

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

following the release pattern of Transformers (2007) and TASM from 2012

Tuesdays from those years were 7/3 though. That actually makes sense, people can be out at night cause no work the next day. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Menor said:

Needs a good drop tomorrow for 200+. I am curious what effect the intermittent discount may have had

so wait, i am confused, do we know the tuesday numbers, or is it just a speculation ?

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

so wait, i am confused, do we know the tuesday numbers, or is it just a speculation ?

Charlie's numbers this late will be very accurate. Tbh I have a feeling this OD may be discount deflated but we will see

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1