Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

40 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I haven't seen Far from Home yet and am quite hopeful, but I was disappointed in Homecoming, especially relative to the rest of the (very good!) Phase whatever this is. The cast was great and alot of the jokes definitely landed but every time it really got momentum it was interrupted by a terrible action scene. I'm not a fan of most of the Marvel fight scenes generally but these were next level boring. I'm not fully convinced that Jon Watts can direct his way out of a paper bag tbh.

Yes. Action beats... Meh. Disappointing for a Spidey flick. Otherwise though... Super fun ride. Perfect bounce, ebb and flow for a summer blockbuster.

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

Charlie's numbers this late will be very accurate. Tbh I have a feeling this OD may be discount deflated but we will see

Does discount deflated mean we can expect/hope for a great Wednesday drop?

Just now, cdsacken said:

We can hope yes because of lack of discount for ticket prices. Plus a ton will have off the 4th so that makes Wednesday night much better.

Yeah hopefully tomorrow being like a Friday + no discount + superb word of mouth gets a great drop. Maybe $35 million instead of Charlie’s projected $30 million or something like that. I must admit, while a great number no matter what, I am a little disappointed. But there are paths going forward to still reach $200M+ 6-day, and honestly it’s doing $185M+ which is still great. My fault really for getting overhyped over early projections today.

Audience score from 3k to 5k, increased slightly. This would never happen before the verified system imo.    

Not sure whether to interpret it as “WOM is straight fire, will hold great” or “rabid fanboy rush in the post-Endgame world, will be really frontloaded.”

• Haha 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Audience score from 3k to 5k, increased slightly. This would never happen before the verified system imo.    

Not sure whether to interpret it as “WOM is straight fire, will hold great” or “rabid fanboy rush in the post-Endgame world, will be really frontloaded.”

I’m thinking the former because the ratings are SO good. It’s almost shocking I’m not sure whether fanboys can influence it quite that much. Though it would not be the weirdest thing. Surely it is a bit inflated, but I don’t think by too much. We at the very least know WOM is very strong, now whether it is A+-tier we shall know very soon.

looking at the IMDB rating breakdown for FFH and EG I'm leaning towards FFH getting an A instead of an A+, the % of 8s and 7s is way too high for it to have an A+ CS imo, I know the number of ratings is way too low too for any of this to be of significance (9k vs 400K+) and you don't even need to see the movie to vote on IMDB BUT if there are that many 8s already from initial reactions (which are usually more fanboy driven) and the movie has been out for almost a week I believe in some OS markets. so I don't think FFH is A+ material.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG 

• Like 2

looking at first Avengers, Endgame should make another ~10m domestic after this weekend provided Disney doesn't pull it from theaters.  A likely IMAX rerelease Labor Day weekend may add 2 million, but that will be the be it. Black Panther did not get an Awards season run, so Endgame won't.

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

looking at first Avengers, Endgame should make another ~10m domestic after this weekend provided Disney doesn't pull it from theaters.  A likely IMAX rerelease Labor Day weekend may add 2 million, but that will be the be it. Black Panther did not get an Awards season run, so Endgame won't.

I briefly remember BP returning to some theaters during its Oscar run no? maybe it was after it won the oscars but I def remember hearing it coming back to select theaters unless im going crazy 🤔

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I briefly remember BP returning to some theaters during its Oscar run no? maybe it was after it won the oscars but I def remember hearing it coming back to select theaters unless im going crazy 🤔

For one week, but tickets were free. 

Fresh off of its win at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Black Panther is heading back into theaters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

had free screenings, maybe a few theaters in ny/la for award voters but unreported

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1