Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

16 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Disappointement! ,Care to elaborate?

Sony expectations are 125M for 6 days.

Trades expectations are as low as 140M to 175M.

The movie will likely make 180M, so above all projections.

200M wasn't a lock, and I can see FFH getting there if it has good drop tomorrow.

It is a disappointment and it won't get 200 m

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

A 40M Tuesday is a terrific number for Far From Home. This is the best Tuesday gross ever, and on an ordinary Tuesday without typical previews. 

Peace,

Mike

100% this. 

If it had the usual previews it would have done 60’ish. If you check out the previews a 40 OD on a Tuesday is excellent. 

• Like 2

Previews have massively skewered expectations, as far as an opening day for a franchise movie. 

1) moviegoers expect them now and don’t really even consider midnights like 10 years ago 

2) and this one is key...a normal opening day WITH previews effectively gets TWO evenings for people to see it. FFH has had one. Kind of unprecedented in recent box office watching as audiences have got used to previews. 

3) I’m hearing discount Tuesday even applied to this? For fans that would have paid top dollar! That’ll have an effect too. 

Bottom line: we all need to rewire our thinking just for this movie and have every expectation it’s going to play very well through Sunday. 

Edited by wildphantom

I remember when people freaked with Indiana Jones 4 Thursday opening (25M), and then it played great through its 5day opening, to reach 150M.

Truth is, we cant picture FFH run after one day opening. Moreso if that day is a Tuesday and we don't have barely anything else to compare it with

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm happy with 186 mil tbh. It means it should end around where I predicted for final gross (384 mil).

i know that its irrelevant , but will we get the cinemascore today ?

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Tracking means shit, anything less than 154mn is unacceptable, while 185mn is something is reasonable.

125 is pretty much disaster in my eyes.

yes i hope for something closer, to 185, plus it would seem very weird to me why ffh would be as low as hc or lower, especially when the hype seem to be bigger

11 minutes ago, john2000 said:

yes i hope for something closer, to 185, plus it would seem very weird to me why ffh would be as low as hc or lower, especially when the hype seem to be bigger

That's the number I've had in the back of my head for over a month now, mainly because it's similar to what Spider-Man 2 did 15 years ago around this same window. And of course because of Endgame and this acting as sort of a sequel to that.

If the OD number is 39 million indeed then that can mean a lot of things. It could play like a family movie with lower highs but a more stable baseline. That means Spider-Man could average anywhere from 28 to 31 million for these 6 days, which would give it a 6-day of 168 to 186 million. Which is still pretty damn good and on track to come close to 400 million (360-380) or even make it past that, depending on WOM.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

More than lower numbers, I am sad about my system failing, that I was trying to develop for early numbers.

But perhaps, it was always going to fail as, all the comps I had were for Friday OD, Tuesday is weirdest day of the week anyways.

It is, not everyone is off yet and it didn't have the usual previews. Comps were hard to find. Really the only good one we had is Spider-Man 2, and even that had a very different timetable, opening on a Wednesday with 4th of July on Sunday.

Without the discount thing I think we would have been looking at 50 million today. And on a normal Friday with the usual Thursday previews starting around 6 PM this would have had a decent shot at 60 OD.

• Like 1