Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

More than lower numbers, I am sad about my system failing, that I was trying to develop for early numbers.

But perhaps, it was always going to fail as, all the comps I had were for Friday OD, Tuesday is weirdest day of the week anyways.

What do you think for today.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Why don't we wait for another 12 hours until Charlie can give out reliable numbers? We don't need to go through what happened yesterday again.

Yeah it's still a weekday so I doubt there would be good comps for today either. Tbh I am ok with yesterday's number as long as the hold today and tomorrow is good.

6 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

What six-day domestic is needed for a $350 final?

Or $400?

Depends on word of mouth but generally a 6-day such as this one could end up being about half of a film's domestic total. But with great WOM you can go over that, so for 350 I'd say in this case $160 million or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

Nobody's noticed that Aladdin has now logged more $1 million consecutive days than Endgame (40 vs 38) and will likely continue that run through Sunday, July 7 which will give it 45 days-the same # as TFA.

Quite something for a film Rotten on RT and was a sure disaster for many, myself included, just 2.5 months before release.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

More than lower numbers, I am sad about my system failing, that I was trying to develop for early numbers.

But perhaps, it was always going to fail as, all the comps I had were for Friday OD, Tuesday is weirdest day of the week anyways.

You would also have not known how it would play without previews and lower prices. It was probably the hardest to predict opening day for a major film in a long time. A one-off really. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nobody's noticed that Aladdin has now logged more $1 million consecutive days than Endgame (40 vs 38) and will likely continue that run through Sunday, July 7 which will give it 45 days-the same # as TFA.

It made it to 31 days over 2 million and last week its Thursday was higher than its Monday, so yeah, it's a pretty damn leggy movie this one.

And like you said it's guaranteed 45 days over $1 million and might even make it to 52 if next Monday stays above $1 million (because chances are its Thursday will again be higher). If that happens it will equal Black Panther who also made it to 52 consecutive days over $1 million.

To find movies with higher numbers than that we'd have to go way back to Avatar (80 days, yes, 80 frigging days) or Titanic (101 days, no, that's not a typo).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Depends on word of mouth but generally a 6-day such as this one could end up being about half of a film's domestic total. But with great WOM you can go over that, so for 350 I'd say in this case $160 million or so.

agreed, everything from now on will depend on wom,

I'm really kind of flabbergasted I saw you guys who are complaining how about a 40 million dollar Tuesday lol do you guys have any idea how big that is? It's a 40 million dollar opening day and it's got the July Fourth holiday coming up. not every Marvel movie has to make 600 million dollars to be a success. In fact when the dust settles and clears far from home will probably end up being one of the top five standalone Marvel films. Some of you guys need to take or give your head a good shake.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm not sure if enough theaters and showings had discounts to cause a substantial decrease from the number Charlie initially predicted. I feel like it's a crappy excuse for not reaching 50 mil even though 40 mil is still a

great number.

agreed, the worst part for this move, is that really there are no usefull comps

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm really kind of flabbergasted I saw you guys who are complaining how about a 40 million dollar Tuesday lol do you guys have any idea how big that is? It's a 40 million dollar opening day and it's got the July Fourth holiday coming up. not every Marvel movie has to make 600 million dollars to be a success. In fact when the dust settles and clears far from home will probably end up being one of the top five standalone Marvel films. Some of you guys need to take or give your head a good shake.

while i agree, i would say that is not that 39/40 is a bad number, but more like it is a big drop from the expected number around 53, but yeah i agree with you

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm really kind of flabbergasted I saw you guys who are complaining how about a 40 million dollar Tuesday lol do you guys have any idea how big that is? It's a 40 million dollar opening day and it's got the July Fourth holiday coming up.

I will only freak out if 6 days is less than 185, which from 39mn Tuesday is more likely than not.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I will only freak out if 6 days is less than 185, which from 39mn Tuesday is more likely than not.

so six day could hit 170 ?

Edited by john2000

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think it can beat that as this Tuesday was a pure weekday (no holiday boost) compared to comps which opened on the 3rd, plus who knows how much was lost in discounts.

Edited by Menor

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

The thing is this isn't your ordinary tuesday, this is opening tuesday of MCU sequel. 40 is the dividing line between dissapointment and okay-ish number. But let's hope for stellar legs as it's viewer rating is through the roof

• ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

while i agree, i would say that is not that 39/40 is a bad number, but more like it is a big drop from the expected number around 53, but yeah i agree with you

IT'S. A. FUCKING. TUESDAY.

Don't worry. Discounts are in, a lot of people probably don't know it's out and a lot of people are probably not available to go anyway. Still the biggest opening Tuesday gross ever.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1