The Wild Eric

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

Just now, Valonqar said:

Wait, if Hereditary made 1.3M on Thursday doesn't it mean it made that much from 7 pm not for the whole day? Midsommar has a regular release, no? this isn't just evening shows?

It is just evening shows. It started at 7.

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

Canada was completely on discount Tuesday yesterday. There's 10% of your tickets. I'm sure half of the USA was doing discount Tuesday as well. So yeah it does make a difference.

A large group of us went to Cinemark yesterday to catch Spiderman expecting to pay the normal $11.50 plus tax....when we arrived it was only $5.00. Sweet! 

We had a beer after the show and declared that Sony covered the tab. It had to of made a difference in the Tuesday number.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

you're aware that there were two showings per theater last night, right?

yes and it still doesn't indicate all of them were full. numbers don't lie and there are reports that support it. hey, maybe it catches fire with GA against all odds in upcoming days, stranger things happened. I'm just commenting that PTA ain't impressive especially given it's playing in less than 2000 theaters. Less theaters = higher PTA, you know the rule.

• Knock It Off 2

Sony execs today...

“who the hell said we should bring our lucrative opening date forward to a day where some theaters are giving tickets away for peanuts?”

Stoaway DC/WB exec undercover. It’s the only explanation. 

Edited by wildphantom

2 hours ago, baumer said:

please tell me you are not saying that 40 million opening day is the very floor for what is considered a good number? You can't compare homecoming to end game. This is Spider-Man it's a standalone movie for Pete's sake. WTF are some of you guys thinking? You're not making any sense.

I keep hearing how bo is 76% up since 2008 and I still don’t see it :D

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Sony execs today...

“who the hell said we should bring our lucrative opening date forward to a day where some theaters are giving tickets away for peanuts?”

Sony execs today: 

“Holy shit, we haven’t seen this much money in a single day since Homecoming!”

And I’m not joking, either. Sony has not had a single day where everything they had in release has added up to this much since Homecoming’s first Saturday.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Sony execs today...

Stoaway DC/WB exec undercover. It’s the only explanation. 

:hahaha:though this is on point. first day sees big rush and...it's half a price.