Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

21 minutes ago, kitik said:

Piece of advice for people after they see FFH: do not read the FFH spoiler thread. It is hot garbage. Don't know why the thread was started so early but it's basically 8 pages of idiots who haven't seen the film trying to discuss the film. I was going to post about all sorts of stuff I loved about FFH in that thread, but I refuse to contribute any more to that cesspit. (Sure, not every single post in that thread is idiotic, but the ratio is way too high, certainly not worth the time I took to read it.)

is it better than homecoming ?

Alright, ranking times. I love these.

Here is my current Spider-Man ranking:

1.  Spider-Man: Homecoming: 9/10
  2. Spider-Man: Into Spider-Verse: 9/10
  3. Spider-Man 2: 8/10
  4. Spider-Man: 8/10
  5. The Amazing Spider-Man: 6/10
  6. Spider-Man 3: 5/10
  7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 2/10
Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Amazing Spidey 2 - 2/10 ? That's brutal. The first 10 minutes of that movie make it worth 5/10 for me.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming

3. Spider-Man 2

4. The Amazing Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man

6. Spider-Man 3

7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I've typed the word "Spider-Man" so much it now looks weird to me. 

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Oh come on, Amazing 2 is not THAT bad, certainly better than the mess that was Spider-Man 3.

For me it's Spider-Verse tied with Homecoming and Spider-Man 2. Then there's The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man (both 8's in my book) and then Amazing Spider-Man 2 (6) and Spider-Man 3 (5).

I absolutely loved Spider-Man when I first saw it in theaters, May 2002 (yeah, I'm old, shut up), it was everything I ever wished when I was watching the 90's animated series on TV, or when I was playing Maximum Carnage and imagining what that would look like as a live-action movie. Whenever that Nickelback song was on I was glued to the screen, not necessarily because I liked the song but more because I was seeing footage of the movie. Yeah, still to this day that was probably my all-time favorite theater experience, seeing that movie for the first time, seeing my favorite childhood superhero brought to life on the big screen. But even so watching it recently that movie has not aged great, which is why it's topped by Homecoming or Spider-Verse or Spider-Man 2, which are overall better movies.

And as far as Amazing Spider-Man goes I was all aboard the hate train when they announced the cancellation of Spider-Man 4 in favor of that, but then the director (who before that did 500 Days of Summer, an absolute indie gem) and Andrew Garfield grew on me, also loved Emma Stone as Gwen. In many ways it was a more grounded Spider-Man, closer to the source material. It was a good movie, I will die on that hill damn it!

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was mismanaged, and it was all down to Sony messing with everything because they were much more focused on building that spider-verse instead of actually letting the movie be its own thing, tell its own story. But just for the first 10 minutes and that Spider-Man suit it's absolutely a 6 out of 10.

Spider-Man 3 was just as badly mismanaged, with Sony making life hell for the director, trying to squeeze in too many villains. That gets a 5 because they really did Venom dirty.

Edited by AlexMA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

TASM 2 was a franchise killer for me.

Spider-Man 3 was that too. But The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was still on track to happen up until they fired Andrew Garfield because he left the room during a meeting at Sony, and that's a big no-no in Japanese culture.

Even Spider-Man 4 was going to happen at one point, the reason it didn't was because Sam Raimi required more time than Sony Pictures were willing to give him (he wanted May 2011, they wanted May 2010), and of course they had more than a couple creative differences (he wanted to make it like Spider-Man 2, focus on a single villain, the Vulture in this case, they wanted more villains and an expanded universe).

But really without the failures of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 we wouldn't have Homecoming and Spider-Man in the MCU today, so just that alone lifts that one higher in my eyes.

Edited by AlexMA

1. Spider-man 2: 9/10 (best superhero movie ever for me)

2. Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse: 8/10

3. Spider-man: 8/10

4. Spider-man Homecoming: 6/10

5. Spider-Man 3: 6/10

6. TASM: 5/10

7. TASM 2: 4/10

No superhero movie has gotten close to the height of Spider-Man 2 reached for me honestly (Superman, TDK, and GOTG 2 have gotten close). It defines what a superhero is better than any modern day superhero movie and I'm honestly surprised that people don't like it as much for superficial reasons like CGI.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

Audience rating clearly being inflated by being drawn exclusively from a pool of people who decided to buy tickets to a showing that finished 2:45AM Tuesday (or later). Seems safe to say that it will settle down in the 90s though, likely strong WOM incoming, even more crucial for a 6-day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Spidey 2

Spidey

Spidey-Verse 

Spidey Homecoming 

Spidey 3

Amazing Spidey

Amazing Spidey 2

4 hours ago, kitik said:

Piece of advice for people after they see FFH: do not read the FFH spoiler thread. It is hot garbage. Don't know why the thread was started so early but it's basically 8 pages of idiots who haven't seen the film trying to discuss the film. I was going to post about all sorts of stuff I loved about FFH in that thread, but I refuse to contribute any more to that cesspit. (Sure, not every single post in that thread is idiotic, but the ratio is way too high, certainly not worth the time I took to read it.)

It's just a long BOT tradition of shitty Spider-Man threads. Dont you respect tradition?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1.) Spider Man: Into The Spider Verse 10/10

- Yes, the story has somewhat familiar beats but the characters, the writing, the action and especially with the unlimited and beautiful field of animation makes this one the best. Truly one of the greatest CBMs.

2.) Spider-Man 2 9.5/10

- This one is a classic for a reason with strong writing, drama, action and great characters.

3.) The Amazing Spider-Man 8.5/10

- Hot take but I genuinely enjoy Garfield and Stone’s chemistry and romance is arguably my favorite aspect of Spider-Man.

4.) Spider-Man 8/10

- While it doesn’t hold up much for me, Raimi’s direction as well as the characters and action help elevate the film and remind us why it was so good.

5.) Spider-Man 3 6.5/10

- Yes, there’s definitely some dumb fun and overall strength in Raimi’s direction, everything else not so much

6.) Venom 6.5/10

- This is a bad film but a very fun one nonetheless amplified by Tom Hardy’s role

7.) Spider-Man: Homecoming 6.5/10

- Don’t get me wrong it’s a good movie with likeable characters (Zendaya x Spidey is my current superhero OTP) and Tom Holland is probably my favorite Spider-Man but the film itself seems so much lacking in terms of vision and uniqueness to set it apart from the rest

8.) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3.5/10

- Obviously trash

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2