Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

7 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Is this the alt of the dude who said Toy Story 4 could have a sub-$50M opening weekend?

What? I am a huge Spiderman fan hence I will stan this movie while I said sub-50M was possible never predicted or said it was locked my prediction was closer to sub-100 which was much closer then these who said 200M or 150M.. 

At the end of the day everyone was wrong including me but I ''the ALLEGED CRAZY one'' was closer to it's actual number then the fanatics on BOT

Edited by Geo1500

1 minute ago, Geo1500 said:

What? I am a huge Spiderman fan hence I will stan this movie while I said sub-50M was possible never predicted or said it was lock my prediction was closer to sub-100 which it was much closer then these who said 200M or 150M 

Oh okay, sorry, it all mixed up in my mind.

We don't really have a precedent for a Tuesday opener for the MCU. I still think 400M is in play with strong July dailies. I guess if you were one of those people thinking it'd do 450-500 you're disappointed but I honestly always thought Cap Marvel would take the DOM silver this year anyway. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

170 might be hard.  What movie are you basing your thoughts on?  If it follows ASM it makes about 150.

I've just been basing it on Charlie and a few others said. I didn't realise predictions got lower. Haven't really done any calculations since the 39 mil number came out and I only just found out Charlie's Wednesday predictions. I'm guessing it should maybe have a better multiplier than ASM because of better WOM (unless that doesn't matter because pretty much every MCU film has great WOM).

But less than 160 mil would not be good. Will still cross a billion though.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

TASM is pretty mediocre. Better hold gives it 160-170.

I have it at 160.  There's not really many films to compare it to.  Not many opened on a Tuesday.

In no way, shape or form is this movie a flop. It's already a success. 

However...

If this falls below the first 6 days of Homecoming, that would be a fairly big underperformance in my eyes. I had this making less than a lot of people on this board but I was not expecting it to come in this "low". 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 8