Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This all happened with Homecoming too then it legged it out nearly a 3 multiplier. Cool it, folks. WoM will be great. Legs will be fine. 

Both Homecoming and Wasp had healthy legs. There is clearly room for MCU movies in July to hold well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Both Homecoming and Wasp had healthy legs. There is clearly room for MCU movies in July to hold well. 

Yup. Quality multipliers. Guardians had a great multiplier in August too.

Guardians Vol. 1 3.53

Ant-Man 3.15

Homecoming 2.86

Wasp 2.86

Far From Home ???

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

While I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with labeling FFH as an underperformer when it has been out like for a day, I definitely wonder has the audience response to MCU changed post-Endgame. Like anecdotally I know shitton of people who have said that they aren't so interested in it anymore. It's not really fatigue for most, more like sort of contentment and fulfillness. Reminds me a little bit of (cursed name!) the Last Jedi and how many people who actually liked that movie said that they felt like they don't need to ever see another Star Wars movie again. I think that End Game felt like the final chapter of the story for many, and everything that comes after it feels like an addition and not so "necessary". Perhaps Endgame was the first marvel movie that didn't create a desire to see the next chapter. I feel like there's a bit less hype and sense of urgency now. I'm a huge fan and even I wasn't that hyped for the follow up! Now I don't mean that marvel movies will suddenly start to flop or that there isn't interest anymore, I think they will continue to be big but the hype for them might come back to earth so to speak. Of course it's way too early to make conclusions like this, and for one reason or another this seems to apply only to domestic numbers so far anyways, but it's food for thought.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachella said:

While I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with labeling FFH as an underperformer when it has been out like for a day, I definitely wonder has the audience response to MCU changed post-Endgame. Like anecdotally I know shitton of people who have said that they aren't so interested in it anymore. It's not really fatigue for most, more like sort of contentment and fulfillness. Reminds me a little bit of (cursed name!) the Last Jedi and how many people who actually liked that movie said that they felt like they don't need to ever see another Star Wars movie again. I think that End Game felt like the final chapter of the story for many, and everything that comes after it feels like an addition and not so "necessary". Perhaps Endgame was the first marvel movie that didn't create a desire to see the next chapter. I feel like there's a bit less hype and sense of urgency now. I'm a huge fan and even I wasn't that hyped for the follow up! Now I don't mean that marvel movies will suddenly start to flop or that there isn't interest anymore, I think they will continue to be big but the hype for them might come back to earth so to speak. Of course it's way too early to make conclusions like this, and for one reason or another this seems to apply only to domestic numbers so far anyways, but it's food for thought.

Hilarious. Is this the superhero fatigue shite I keep hearing about? Can’t make this shite up!

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

No Iron Man  , and fatigue of too many Spider-Man films. Mistake doing another high school version again

Did you just use the word mistake to describe a film that’s been out for a grand total of one day? Get the crow ready, son. “Far From Home” is headed to 400 mil.

1 minute ago, FlitcherBooks said:

Did you just use the word mistake to describe a film that’s been out for a grand total of one day? Get the crow ready, son. “Far From Home” is headed to 400 mil.

So you are predicting it to have better legs than SM2 15 years back with more competition and saturated release !!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Hilarious. Is this the superhero fatigue shite I keep hearing about? Can’t make this shite up!

Nope, I specifically said that I don't think there's any fatigue, but that some people might, might (too early to say) have less interest to MCU currently because Endgame felt such a definitive ending for many and some of the characters they felt the most emotional attachement towards are gone now. And I think if that's what happened it could easily change soon anyways if they introduce new interesting storylines and characters. Agreed that superhero fatigue as a concept is complete bullshit.