Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I think it's because the only similarity Child's Play has with Chucky is general appearance and name.

but looking at the top 200 at box office, Valerian and Ghost in the Shell made 40, then Mortal Engines got to 20, and Child's Play is doing 30.   These 4-5 week runs are really screwy for these premium expensive movie experiences

What kept Child's Play sunk down so low on each daily?

Edited by Stop and Run the Internet

30 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

So is it worth staying for post credits and how many are there? 

No spoilers please.

Eh and two

• ...wtf 2

Given that pre-release expectations were a total of $300-$400m or a GOTG-GOTG2 kind of increase, a $39m OD on a Tuesday during the July 4th week is hardly a number to have shit takes about the future of the MCU and other Chicken Little declarations. It's most likely going to end up in that range. 

This harks back to the era of Toy Story 4 (wait, what?) declarations of absurdity. Where has all the sanity gone? This isn't SLOP2 or Dark Phoenix-like definitively disappointing numbers, and in the latter case, I'm not sure that's even considered disappointing either as a bomb was on the cards since the movie was announced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

So is it worth staying for post credits and how many are there? 

No spoilers please.

There are 2 ,one mid credit - which I loved, and one post credit - which I really disliked (though my son loved it).

Definitely worth staying for.

Hypothetically, if July 4th grow, as @Menor draws with pre-sales increase in cinemark.

I will be assuming it stay flat, that gives.

28 // 95

29 // 194

Please god, make it grow, I want 200 but the above scenario will take it above my initial expectations of +25% Homecoming.

Those who will draw legs comp with TASM, do note, the word of mouth is better and rather than using 6 days as cume, use Sunday of FFH against Sunday of TASM i.e. 17.9mn.

TASM added 7x after it's Sunday, the same in above scenario will give, $397mn exactly.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Can you doubly check. You were considerably over even with evening update.

Otherwise its a good drop. Looking good for 170m.

Tuesday was wild card, Discount day has huge advance sales, on top of that it was opening day.

Film was pre-sale loaded af, the later evening hourly growth were muted, so even if it match those, we shall get 27.5-28mn.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, bleachella said:

While I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with labeling FFH as an underperformer when it has been out like for a day, I definitely wonder has the audience response to MCU changed post-Endgame. Like anecdotally I know shitton of people who have said that they aren't so interested in it anymore. It's not really fatigue for most, more like sort of contentment and fulfillness. Reminds me a little bit of (cursed name!) the Last Jedi and how many people who actually liked that movie said that they felt like they don't need to ever see another Star Wars movie again. I think that End Game felt like the final chapter of the story for many, and everything that comes after it feels like an addition and not so "necessary". Perhaps Endgame was the first marvel movie that didn't create a desire to see the next chapter. I feel like there's a bit less hype and sense of urgency now. I'm a huge fan and even I wasn't that hyped for the follow up! Now I don't mean that marvel movies will suddenly start to flop or that there isn't interest anymore, I think they will continue to be big but the hype for them might come back to earth so to speak. Of course it's way too early to make conclusions like this, and for one reason or another this seems to apply only to domestic numbers so far anyways, but it's food for thought.

FFH is doing stellar numbers overseas. I don't see the fatigue. I think it will still hit a billion.

6 hours ago, bleachella said:

While I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with labeling FFH as an underperformer when it has been out like for a day, I definitely wonder has the audience response to MCU changed post-Endgame. Like anecdotally I know shitton of people who have said that they aren't so interested in it anymore. It's not really fatigue for most, more like sort of contentment and fulfillness. Reminds me a little bit of (cursed name!) the Last Jedi and how many people who actually liked that movie said that they felt like they don't need to ever see another Star Wars movie again. I think that End Game felt like the final chapter of the story for many, and everything that comes after it feels like an addition and not so "necessary". Perhaps Endgame was the first marvel movie that didn't create a desire to see the next chapter. I feel like there's a bit less hype and sense of urgency now. I'm a huge fan and even I wasn't that hyped for the follow up! Now I don't mean that marvel movies will suddenly start to flop or that there isn't interest anymore, I think they will continue to be big but the hype for them might come back to earth so to speak. Of course it's way too early to make conclusions like this, and for one reason or another this seems to apply only to domestic numbers so far anyways, but it's food for thought.

Who are these “many” people that liked TLJ and said they felt like they never needed to see another Star Wars movie again after it?