Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

6 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

How could that be considering the other movies dropped?

But maybe it's now taking in so little that random variations become a factor...

It's weird. Endgame dropped on Tuesday that'd why I'm guessing it increased today

1 hour ago, a2k said:

That's a great Wed hold for FFH. Tough to see it missing 175-180, while 190+ is alive.

= 186.75

Unless the weather is not great 4th of July won't be flat with Wednesday, so that should be lower. Also Friday is right after the 4th of July so that will probably be the film's biggest day (after OD, obviously), so your 34.5 million that you have on Saturday probably goes there instead with Saturday dropping to 30 (so your Friday switches places with Saturday). Sunday at 28 would be amazing, but it's probably a bit lower, especially after this long holiday week.

Otherwise looks about right and what I'm expecting too (on the high-end, of course).

Edited by AlexMA
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Many other films grew, including Rocketman and John Wick.

Is Midsommer number without previews so 2.75M on its own (real Wed) or it includes previews? Should be without previews, no? 

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

no way. that's just 1.65M for the whole day. it can't be that frontloaded. or could it? 

I'm thinking it may be a Discount Tuesday with previews thing. Annabelle did 3.6M Opening on Wednesday after doing 3.5M previews on Tuesday last week.

8 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I'm thinking it may be a Discount Tuesday with previews thing. Annabelle did 3.6M Opening on Wednesday after doing 3.5M previews on Tuesday last week.

yeah, makes sense, still frontloaded but not that bad. 

The C+ CinemaScore for Midsommar says 3 things:

1) Ari Aster's fans are most of the audience who rushed to watch this movie. So, the polls were made around them.

2) Whoever truly hated Hereditary, didn't come back for Midsommar. Marketing clearly said this one was from the same director who did Hereditary. So, this has to be important.

3) If fans ( or people interested to see this one at midnight ) gave this one a C+, that's not good. 

At least, Aster next movie might get a B+ or A- if people who hated Hereditary and Midsommar, won't return. XD

• Haha 3

Not hard to see why some movies increased on Wednesday, particularly the ones outside the top 5. You get hit with huge screen losses on Tuesday. But on Wednesday you already have the screen losses baked in and you don't have discount tickets so you could potentially sell fewer tickets and still have a higher gross (though i suspect most of them had similar to slightly higher number of tickets sold as more people would be off on Wednesday than Tuesday)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The C+ CinemaScore for Midsommar says 3 things:

1) Ari Aster's fans are most of the audience who rushed to watch this movie. So, the polls were made around them.

2) Whoever truly hated Hereditary, didn't come back for Midsommar. Marketing clearly said this one was from the same director who did Hereditary. So, this has to be important.

3) If fans ( or people interested to see this one at midnight ) gave this one a C+, that's not good. 

At least, Aster next movie might get a B+ or A- if people who hated Hereditary and Midsommar, won't return. XD

if only Ari returns, it'll get A+++ from him. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 hours ago, Menor said:

10000% yes, and idk if the number [of post-credit scenes] is considered a spoiler.

It's not, but I've seen people claim that the Rotten Tomatoes score is a spoiler. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Not everyone should be accommodated.

• Haha 2

Cume Daily  
  3 3  
Tues 39 36  
Wed 66.5 27.5  
Thur 97.5 31  
Fri 132.5 35  
Sat 166.5 34  
Sun 192.5 26  
Wkend   95  
Opening   192.5  

My guess. Bump up for the 4th, another bump on the Friday, flat or slight drop on Saturday, then -25% Sunday.

Edited by MattW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MattW said:

Cume Daily  
  3 3  
Tues 39 36  
Wed 66.5 27.5  
Thur 97.5 31  
Fri 132.5 35  
Sat 166.5 34  
Sun 192.5 26  
Wkend   95  
Opening   187  

My guess. Bump up for the 4th, another bump on the Friday, flat or slight drop on Saturday, then -25% Sunday.

Bump on 4h July? Only for opener or also for other movies?