Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

40 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Audience rating clearly being inflated by being drawn exclusively from a pool of people who decided to buy tickets to a showing that finished 2:45AM Tuesday (or later). Seems safe to say that it will settle down in the 90s though, likely strong WOM incoming, even more crucial for a 6-day.

yep, i agree, very good performance in terms of ratings so far

i'll keep banging the drum that amazing spider-man one is waaaay worse than 2. at least 2 is stupid you can kinda get some fun outta jamie foxx and :qotd:'s weird-ass performances. amazing spider-man one is fucking nothing. it's an empty void of a movie.

• Like 2

Just now, john2000 said:

is this a guess ? or we have new info ?

Just looking at the data I have and data from others that have been posted on the tracking page. It’s going to be very close to $4m, I just don’t know if it’ll be over or under.

• Like 1

Feels like we're getting a blast from the past with the brief return of midnight showings this week. What is the last movie to have them? Imagine it's from around 2012-2013 when previews were starting to become a thing.

Spider-Verse

Spidey 2

Homecoming

Spidey 1

Spidey 3

TASM2

TASM

Haven't seen Venom in its entirety but outside of Hardy jumping in a lobster tank it just looks bad.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Menor said:

Spider Man 2 is a good film but overrated. Peter and MJ plotline takes up a good portion of plot focus and is utter garbage. The rest is very good but that's a major flaw to me.

I wouldn't say it was garbage. It just wasn't needed and didn't go anywhere but it isn't really a big problem to me compared to something like Homecoming, Spider-Man 3, and TASM movies where the central conflict itself goes nowhere (Film Critic Hulk made a good essay on this targeted towards Homecoming).

• Like 1

Hot take: Holland in MCU > Holland in Spider solos.

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

Haven't seen Venom in its entirety but outside of Hardy jumping in a lobster tank it just looks bad.

Oh it is, the villain gives Luthor 2016/Malekith/Enchantress a run for their money for worst villain. It is dozens of dumb fun due to Hardy.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wouldn't say it was garbage. It just wasn't needed and didn't go anywhere but it isn't really a big problem to me compared to something like Homecoming, Spider-Man 3, and TASM movies where the central conflict itself goes nowhere (Film Critic Hulk made a good essay on this targeted towards Homecoming).

I just can't stand it. I mean the ending she's just running across the entire city in her wedding dress without even bothering to tell her fiancee that she called it off and we're supposed to act like this is some great moment? And as far as HC Peter was trying to grow up too fast but realizes that he can still enjoy his childhood, I thought that was pretty well resolved in the ending scene with iron Man.

24 minutes ago, cookie said:

How strong we talkin'?

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Opening day pre-sales of Far From Home are roughly double of Homecoming,  Around 20% more than Captain Marvel.

This was posted in the tracking thread.

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hot take: Holland in MCU > Holland in Spider solos.

Hmm I think many people would agree with you tbh. This Spider-Man is built to interact with the other Avengers while on his own it becomes a bit more "been there done that". Though I personally think Holland gives his best performance as Spidey in Far From Home. 

• Like 3