Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

2 hours ago, a2k said:

Thanks.

KSI's nearly 2.75x legs give me hope for KVG, apart from the novelty of the match up.

Will take 175 odd dom and don't want to dream of much more.

OS-China-Japan for KOTM was a bummer and would like to see massive improvement in that area for KVG.

Imo this shouldn't be promoted like a movie but rather as heavyweight fight something like MMA fight or Boxing. A true clash of titans and as for my early prediction this thing can break-out further then we currently estimate and we can't really draw conclusions from KOTM or even Kong skull island as this will be entirely different.

As for the OS-China-Japan markets with little spice on the promo since this is a true clash of heavyweights it can increase interest in these markets. All in all these viewers are suckers for excitement and the unknown which is KONG VS Godzilla the debate will be who will win.

My early bold prediction is 800-900 WW and DOM 200M+ around 225-ish tho it's gonna be china heavy   

Edited by Geo1500
  • Thanks 1

Mixed feelings for FFH. As a film I will say definetly not among phase 3 top league. 

As a fan I enjoyed it. 

But I liked Homecoming more in repeat watches, as it is happening with other MCU films now. So let's see when digital release is up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

Spidey is so far crushing yesterday at my theaters today, BUT that's mostly because it has such a huge lead in the afternoon showings. It'll probably do much worse after 7pm, last night had alot of walkups.

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Pugh got naked in all her movies save this one and they made about $3 altogether. Raynor drops his pants once and the movie makes $3M in a day and an evening. :bravo:

Pugh will get the last laugh 😏

• Thanks 1

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Spider-Man: Far From Home Sony Pictures $27,000,000 -31% 4,634 $5,826   $66,255,628 2
- (3) Annabelle Comes Home Warner Bros. $2,225,000 -19% 3,613 $616   $38,642,397 8
- (7) Men in Black: International Sony Pictures $690,000 -12% 3,663 $188   $67,584,949 20
- (13) Godzilla: King of the Monsters Warner Bros. $135,000 -10% 1,370 $99   $107,276,678 34
- (14) Shaft Warner Bros. $110,000 -12% 947 $116   $19,254,975 20
- (15) The Other Side of Heaven 2:… ArtAffects $47,377 -46% 205 $231   $698,230 6
  • Like 5

Just now, MrPink said:

Pugh will get the last laugh 😏

Nah. I don't think either will be a big star. I think she'll be Fassbender 2.0 once she gets Hollywood bug and tries for the  leading lady in expensive movies. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Nah. I don't think either will be a big star. I think she'll be Fassbender 2.0 once she gets Hollywood bug and tries for the  leading lady in expensive movies. 

She'll be in a MCU film. Comfort zone for dayssssss

Shush your vendetta, weirdo.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Mixed feelings for FFH. As a film I will say definetly not among phase 3 top league. 

As a fan I enjoyed it. 

But I liked Homecoming more in repeat watches, as it is happening with other MCU films now. So let's see when digital release is up.

Opposite for me, I loved homecoming at first but then after 3 times it wasn't as good as it was anymore, in the contrary I love FFH more and more. Anyway do you have an idea of FFH Thursday box office, small drop, big drop, stay flat??

Edited by Bagatelle31
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Probably bottom third. But mostly this speaks to Phase 3 being insane.

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Probably bottom third. But mostly this speaks to Phase 3 being insane.

Opposite for me. FFH is my joint 3rd favorite of Phase 3 (along with GOTG2) behind Endgame and IW. I also loved Homecoming so I guess that was to be expected.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

52 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Imo this shouldn't be promoted like a movie but rather as heavyweight fight something like MMA fight or Boxing. A true clash of titans and as for my early prediction this thing can break-out further then we currently estimate and we can't really draw conclusions from KOTM or even Kong skull island as this will be entirely different.

As for the OS-China-Japan markets with little spice on the promo since this is a true clash of heavyweights it can increase interest in these markets. All in all these viewers are suckers for excitement and the unknown which is KONG VS Godzilla the debate will be who will win.

My early bold prediction is 800-900 WW and DOM 200M+ around 225-ish tho it's gonna be china heavy   

godzilla_vs_kong_movie_poster.jpg

800 M to 900 M WW is too much ... definitely with better promo & promotions movie can do much better ... 

China , Japan gonna be massive ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1