Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

16 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'm a Californian and I have anxiety so I still panic every time it happens.

Thankfully I only felt tremors for a few seconds. I'm far from the epicenter.

I'll admit that 6+ is when I sit up and start to take notice.  Mostly though I just found the meme funny as it taps into the somewhat gallows nature humor a lot of Californians have about earthquakes.

Also, cards on the table, I'm in an area of the state which almost never feels/gets earthquakes so I really can't speak from personal experience.  Most I'll ever see is chandeliers move and the like from far away Bay Area quakes.

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

800 M to 900 M WW is too much ... definitely with better promo & promotions movie can do much better ... 

China , Japan gonna be massive ..

With the right promotions everything is possible. They should throw alot of money on promos for this one

Edited by Geo1500

Was really hoping for a better hold for TS4. I get that Monsters University is the best comparison and played out similarly, but that it was literally going against Despicable Me 3's opening. I drop like that for TS4 is pretty bad IMHO.

Ooh, rankings! 

Black Panther 

Ragnarok (could vie for first) 

Captain Marvel 

Ant-Man and the Wasp 

Homecoming 

Far from Home 

Dr. Strange 

Infinity War (mostly because of Thor) 

Endgame (because of Thor and Scott) 

GotG 2

Civil War 

• Like 1

Nice. Ranking time for MCU Phase 3 films

Top tier

Infinity War: 9.2/10 (initial score 9/10)

Endgame: 8.9/10 (initial score 8.5/10)

upper mid tier (7.5-8.5/10)

Thor: Ragnarok

GoTG 2

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

CA: Civil War

lower mid tier (7-7.4/10)

SM: Far From Home

SM: Homecoming

low tier

Captain Marvel: 6.5/10

Ant Man and The Wasp 6/10

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

With the right promotions everything is possible. They should throw alot of money on promos for this one

Well GvK has potential  ....

what about the release date .. March 2020 locked ?? or they are changing it ..

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't understand the popularity of Doctor Strange. What did you all like about it?

Personally (I think I'm one of the very few people who liked the movie for this reason), I loved the movie's exploration of death and the purpose of death. That made the movie much more personal than most Marvel movies. Tilda Swinton's final speech is one of the most beautiful scenes in the whole franchise. 

FYI, I thought it was very average on my first viewing. I only quite liked it on my rewatch.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4

Ratings for my first watches are in the bold brackets.

GOTG V2: 9/10 (first watch: 8/10)

Avengers Endgame: 7/10 (waiting for blu-ray release to see if I can bump it up to 8/10)

Black Panther 7/10 (first watch: 8/10)

Doctor Strange 7/10 (first watch: 5/10) 

Thor Ragnarok 6/10 (first watch: 7/10)

Ant-Man and the Wasp 6/10 (first watch: 5/10)

Spider-Man Homecoming 6/10 (first watch: 5/10)

Spider-Man: FFH 6/10

CA Civil War 5/10 (first watch: 5/10)

Captain Marvel 5/10

Avengers Infinity War 4/10 (first watch: 6/10, 2nd watch: 5/10)

6/10 or above means I liked it.

edit: Yes, I just changed my mind about FFH and gave it a 6. It still has the same problems I mentioned before but it is just so fun.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

It'll be like replacing Evans with Mackie 😏

I think they'll be fine as long as they stay as "side" characters. Scarlett and Evans are too iconic to try to position them as the same character with a different actor. 

I would've liked a Mackie / Stan movie (I'm not sure if we still can't give away spoilers) doing their own thing but a TV series will have to do. Just like Florence won't be a "main" avenger yet, more like a Wanda/Nebula supporting character (if that's even what they want to do, who even knows at this point)