Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

The time has come. The one movie with the potential to ruin my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies" club, If the final gross is less than Captain Marvel, my club should be a success. If it goes over Captain Marvel, and TS4 doesn't develop amazing legs, then Frozen 2 and Star Wars will both have to hit it out of the ballpark.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know there are technically worse blockbusters, but the first Amazing Spider-Man is the first example I go to when it comes to boring, empty, soulless, cash-grabby blockbusters. And I know that movies are solely made to make money and we live in a world where a live-action Lion King is coming out in a couple weeks, but at least with stuff like the Disney remakes or whatever, there's at least an attempt to add something to it, or the director is making it out of a love for the original. They are trying, which goes a long way.

TASM was made just to hold onto the film rights for a popular franchise, and it really feels like it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Stark said:

It’s time for Spidey to be at the level he was with the Raimi films! I really want to see this outgross Black Panther. Awesome film, but it feels so right for Spider-Man to be the top grossing solo film.

Do you mean worldwide cause domestic is impossible.

42 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The time has come. The one movie with the potential to ruin my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies" club, If the final gross is less than Captain Marvel, my club should be a success. If it goes over Captain marvel, and TS4 doesn't develop amazing legs, then Frozen 2 and Star Wars will both have to hit it out of the ballpark.

I don't think Frozen 2 and TRS will go below FFH. Both are locked for $500mn, FFH perhaps $425-475mn.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It feels weird to call the TASM movies “the Webb movies” because that implies that he was a significant creative voice on the films and not just someone churning out a product

Yeah, TASM films are not Webb films at all. (500) Days Of Summer is a Webb film. Gifted is a Webb film.

TASM and TASM2 are Amy Pascal and Avi Arad films. They're Sony films. Not Webb films.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:43 PM, CoolioD1 said:

i need him to direct that just so i can make my best joke about it.

53 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

similar to the spider-man situation I can't believe he gets to direct the your name remake just because his name is Marc Weeb smh.

This was your best joke?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

To be fair it’s a stretch to call anything Webb’s made a “Webb film”

Hmm, I feel like there's enough of a semblance of author's pensmanship in both (500) Days Of Summer and Gifted to find a pattern for what I'd call "Webb films".

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1. Spider-Man 2: 9/10 (top solo superhero movie for me, Batman Returns 1992 a close second; A:IW is my top team-up SH movie)
  2. Spider-Man: 8/10
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming: 7.1/10
  4. Spider-Man 3: 7/10
  5. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse: 6.5/10 (with few exception like Frozen, I'm not a animated film fan, and quite a number of action/flashing scenes in Spiderverse caused me giddiness/vertigo)
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man: 6/10
  7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 5/10
Edited by justvision
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

The time has come. The one movie with the potential to ruin my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies" club, If the final gross is less than Captain Marvel, my club should be a success. If it goes over Captain Marvel, and TS4 doesn't develop amazing legs, then Frozen 2 and Star Wars will both have to hit it out of the ballpark.

Well, Lion King would have to do so, too...surprised you have more certainty for that than Star Wars - that should be a board club then - Lion King over Star Wars 9:)...