Eric Atreides

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Everyone going "yay" about FFH and here I am marveling (no pun intended) at that Aladdin drop.

20 percent drop WITH a major tentpole opening.  I don't care if said tentpole burned off three weekdays worth of demand, that's still remarkable.

This run of Aladdin is simply incredible.  Makes me wonder if it rather than TS4 might get the double feature treatment when TLK arrives.

(Don't particularly think EG will need the help at that point)

Story of the summer tbh. 

When the remake was announced I expected $400 mill tbh. But then the bad production words & terrible trailers. And overall negativity pre-release made me think it might not even make $200 mill and worldwide might only get to $500 mill.

But the turnaround since then is phenomenal. The power of word of mouth and a familiar property. 

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me but 2x multiplier from such big opening weekend is optimistic. Superhero movies that are not big breakout like TDK, Avengers, Wonder Woman, Black Panther usually don't have big legs however positive WOM is. 

1 minute ago, GrandierHorror said:

The problem is that it opened way below the first. 3.3x is very good but considering it has low ow the movie fell under the radar for boxoffice trackers. 

Well, yeah.  Overall it has to be labeled a disappointment, I ain't disputing that. 

But it's just kinda hanging out in the background, doin' its thing and still taking advantage of summer days without much help from other films.  Doubt there's much that Universal is doing to boost it, if you see what I mean. 

Just surprised a little that it didn't drop like a rock once Toy Story 4 opened, I guess is what I am saying.  It also could have been sacrificed on the altar of screen crunch this weekend with FFH opening and it seems to have been spared that fate.  For now, at least.

7 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Maybe it's just me but 2x multiplier from such big opening weekend is optimistic. Superhero movies that are not big breakout like TDK, Avengers, Wonder Woman, Black Panther usually don't have big legs however positive WOM is. 

almost all superhero movies have a 2 mutli though, and most of them also have six day 2 multi or around that, and not even with summer

Edited by john2000

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

almost all superhero movies have a 2 mutli though, and most of them also have six day 2 multi or around that, and not even with summer

Can you please tell me how many superhero movies have 2x multiplier after 6 days OW?

Here is the answer: No

Six days after weekdays is much different scenario than 6 days OW. 

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, yeah.  Overall it has to be labeled a disappointment, I ain't disputing that. 

But it's just kinda hanging out in the background, doin' its thing and still taking advantage of summer days without much help from other films.  Doubt there's much that Universal is doing to boost it, if you see what I mean. 

Just surprised a little that it didn't drop like a rock once Toy Story 4 opened, I guess is what I am saying.  It also could have been sacrificed on the altar of screen crunch this weekend with FFH opening and it seems to have been spared that fate.  For now, at least.

Both Alaadin and Slop2 didn't get hit by TS4 and FFH. Summer is definitely a good time for family movies. 

2 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Can you please tell me how many superhero movies have 2x multiplier after 6 days OW?

Here is the answer: No

Six days after weekdays is much different scenario than 6 days OW. 

nevermind, thats not what i meant

Still well on track for the range I've been giving it since OD. Also of course Friday immediately after 4th of July would end up being its second best day yet. But Saturday will at best be flat, but most likely drop a little.

Aladdin, I am so impressed with that film's run, 7th Friday and it's still pulling such numbers? WHAT? So, anyone still doubting 350? 😁

What I didn't see in Deadline's article and I hope we have here (and sorry but I don't have the time to scroll through too many pages today) is Endgame's Friday. What's that looking like?

Still well on track for the range I've been giving it since OD. Also of course Friday immediately after 4th of July would end up being its second best day yet. But Saturday will at best be flat, but most likely drop a little.

Aladdin, I am so impressed with that film's run, 7th Friday and it's still pulling such numbers? WHAT? So, anyone still doubting 350? [emoji16]

What I didn't see in Deadline's article and I hope we have here (and sorry but I don't have the time to scroll through too many pages today) is Endgame's Friday. What's that looking like?

Why would Saturday stay flat? Back in 2012, The Amazing Spiderman went up 15% from its Friday to Saturday so why should it not have a little increase? Like 10%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

From a few hours ago:

(re: EG)

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$1mn Approx, depending on night shows.

TS4 10.75-11.25

Aladdin 2.6

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Far From Home

Tuesday: $39.25mn

Wednesday: $27.25mn

Thursday: $25.3mn

Friday: $32.7mn

Total: $124.5mn

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

July 5th numbers

Sony_Spiderman_FFH.png: $32.7mn

Disney_ToyStory4_Woody_v2.png: $11.55mn

Yesterday: $3.35mn

WB_Annabelle_3_v2.png: $3.25mn

Disney_Aladdin_2019.png: $2.5mn

Avengers_Endgame_2019.png: $1.05mn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So TS4 number is really $ 11.5m afterall

With a standard Sat jump (+10%) and another great Sun drop (-20%), this could make $ 35m this weekend, dropping only 41% against a big opener. 

$ 400M isn’t locked of course, but it’s chances are considerable higher now. 

19 minutes ago, daraghf.1415 said:

Why would Saturday stay flat? Back in 2012, The Amazing Spiderman went up 15% from its Friday to Saturday so why should it not have a little increase? Like 10%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because 4th of July was on Wednesday back then, so that was about as normal a weekend as it gets while this is not. This is the weekend immediately after 4th of July.

I said it would be down on Wednesday and then further down on Thursday (4th of July) only to go up on Friday (the film's 2nd biggest day), was right before. You know why? Because I've been at this long enough to see the patterns. The 4th of July is not like other holidays, and it will constantly fluctuate from year to year depending on the day it falls on and not just that.

But don't worry, even if it drops (and it could just as well be flat, keep that in mind) it won't be a big drop, should still be at least Spider-Man's 3rd best day.