Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

1 hour ago, GrandierHorror said:

Can you please tell me how many superhero movies have 2x multiplier after 6 days OW?

Here is the answer: No

Six days after weekdays is much different scenario than 6 days OW. 

Also can you please tell me how many superhero movies have a 6-day OW besides FFH?

Here is the answer : 1 !  Just 1!

And that was TASM who opened with $137M Leading to a Final $262M for 1.91x multi with a much lower reception and WOM. 

I don't see how FFH making 2x multi is considered an unrealistic and optimistic thinking. It just need an 0.09 improvement in legs compared to TASM and with barren August , I predict it will have a great late legs just like HMC did.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Yikes, only a few mil higher OD than TASM from 2012 which also wasn’t a sequel? Either this is going to play wildly different than the other two Tuesday 4th openers or we’re in for a big time underperformance. Keep in mind neither TF1 or TASM did more than 2x their 6 days and this should really be more frontloaded than them as a sequel in 2019. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Iron Man being in Homecoming probably helped a lot.

I can see this going under 300 mil DOM.. I think Spidey fatigue should set in soon.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:03 PM, MovieMan89 said:

That 6 day would  only lead to a 300 total or so if we're looking at how TF1 and TASM behaved. And again, neither had the burden of sequel frontloading. There's zero way anyone can convince me under Homecoming is anything less than a big time underperformance given the reception of that movie, the critical reception of this one, and most of all the state of the MCU right now. This should have had 400 in the bag. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, MovieMan89 said:

TASM's holds through Sunday get it 150. TASM's 6 day multi then gets it 285. Giving it TF1's WOM driven multi would still only give it 308. For anyone wondering why I'm saying this OD is not good. 

On 7/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, MovieMan89 said:

Movies always drop hard on the 4th. This would be different because?

Whoopps

• Haha 12

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's not going to drop today. It might not jump massively but it's not dropping.

I hope you're right but history makes me think otherwise.

Are pre-sales better than on Friday?

2 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Also can you please tell me how many superhero movies have a 6-day OW besides FFH?

Here is the answer : 1 !  Just 1!

And that was TASM who opened with $137M Leading to a Final $262M for 1.91x multi with a much lower reception and WOM. 

I don't see how FFH making 2x multi is considered an unrealistic and optimistic thinking. It just need an 0.09 improvement in legs compared to TASM and with barren August , I predict it will have a great late legs just like HMC did.

With its WOM it's very likely to do over 2, and that's in no way unrealistic or optimistic.

So yes, it hasn't played like a frontloaded movie, which is usually the case with superhero stuff, and that bodes well for its legs past this week.

Depending how far this weekend goes I think Spider-Man could finish between 350 and 400 million in North America.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

With its WOM it's very likely to do over 2, and that's in no way unrealistic or optimistic.

So yes, it hasn't played like a frontloaded movie, which is usually the case with superhero stuff, and that bodes well for its legs past this week.

Depending how far this weekend goes I think Spider-Man could finish between 350 and 400 million in North America.

I agree with you. But regarding the bold text , I'm not the one who thought that would be an unrealistic or optimistic thing. The person who I replied to is the one. And I give an explanation to him.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i could ask later menor if you like 

Yes please do that. I mean I'm seeing it today, and I'm sure others are too, but I have a feeling Saturday will be more pre-sale heavy than say Friday, which probably had more walk-in business because you have all these people coming right after the big holiday on Thursday and now they want to see a movie and they pick Far From Home. But if you go on Saturday you probably do what I did and get your ticket a week in advance.

Edited by AlexMA

2 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I agree with you. But regarding the bold text , I'm not the one who thought that would be an unrealistic or optimistic thing. The person who I replied to is the one. And I give an explanation to him.

I know, I was agreeing with your stance. Sorry if that didn't come across in the text.

From Charlie 

Friday 5th July

FFH: $32.7mn

TS4: $11.55mn

Yesterday: $3.35mn

Annabelle: $3.25mn

Aladdin: $2.5mn

M: $2.15mn

SLOP2: $1.57mn

MIB: $1.15mn

Endgame: $1.05mn

RM: $0.83mn

JW3: $0.69mn

Child Play: $0.47mn

KOTM: $0.24mn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Yes please do that. I mean I'm seeing it today, and I'm sure others are too, but I have a feeling Saturday will be more pre-sale heavy than say Friday, which probably had more walk-in business because you have all these people coming right after the big holiday yesterday and now they want to see a movie and they pick Far From Home. But if you go on Saturday you probably do what I did and get your ticket a week in advance.

in my opinion an inrease like 5-10 % is not something that cant happen,however you may be right

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

I know, I was agreeing with your stance. Sorry if that didn't come across in the text.

Nah , it's okay. I'm just making sure about the sentence so there won't be a misunderstanding. 

Aladdin

OWend: #69 (68 had a higher OWend)

2nd: #82

3rd: #76

4th: #58

5th: #36

6th: #40

7th: for #50 it would need 7.24m, for #60 6.85m, for #70 6.6m and for #80 6.4m

Fri: 2.5m

Sat: 2.5m (nc)

Sun: 2m (-20%)

Wend: 7m