The Wild Eric

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

4 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Aquaman was the more ambitious project. Have you seen the cinematography and all the under-water footages?  

Visually it's easily one of the best movies of all times if not the best

It certainly was visually spectacular.  Best of all time?  Eh to each his own 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

To each their own. Respect those who preferred Shazam and Wondy. I liked Aquaman more just for the experience. 

This is exactly the attitude people should have. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but our opinions aren’t always what’s right or wrong and that’s ok. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Aquaman was pretty terrible. Definitely didn’t deserve 1 billion. Shazam and Wonder Woman were way better.

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

A lot of movies that made over a billion don't "deserve" it.

Well you all know the famous movie line from Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven, deserves got nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Aquaman was pretty terrible. Definitely didn’t deserve 1 billion. Shazam and Wonder Woman were way better.

Way better? I'd say only in terms of writing/dialogue but that's not saying much because Shazam is the only one of the 3 with slightly above average writing imo. Aquaman, despite its flaws, gave us spectacle and was the most enjoyable for me. Not hard at all to see how it made 1B. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Why do so many high rated horror films from critics get awful reception from the audience? A lot more frequent in that genre.

Taste is more defined for individuals and what they expect... What they believe should horror be... Goes both ways in the genre.

• Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Why do so many high rated horror films from critics get awful reception from the audience? A lot more frequent in that genre.

C+ is actually pretty good for Midsommar considering Hereditary got a D+ last year. Haven't seen the movie yet (doing so later today) but I'm sure most of the people who saw it got what they expected since the trailer promised an even weirder movie than that was and everyone who hated the director's previous movie knew to stay away, especially with that running time.

We all have our preferences.

WW is head and shoulders above the other two imo. I liked AM and didn't care for Shazam. Too goofy for me.

• Like 4

Aquaman was great everyone i practically talked to liked it. It was pure entertainment and a very fun time spend at the movies. Thats what its all about to be entertained and Aquaman delivered that.

Edited by Davidwested
  • Like 1