Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

TS4 dropping only 42% against FFH impressed me a lot. I think the drop could actually be lower with actuals, legs are becoming really great.

Honestly at this point i doubt it’s going to miss $ 400M total. Even with a standard 2.5x this weekend it’s gonna finish with around $ 395M, close enough for Disney make a push. 

shows that movies won't collapse when a big opener arrives. I fully expect FFH to hold well like that when TLK opens. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

shows that movies won't collapse when a big opener arrives. I fully expect FFH to hold well like that when TLK opens. 

There is difference b/w Superhero movie and Family movie. 

Just now, GrandierHorror said:

There is difference b/w Superhero movie and Family movie. 

How?

TS4 = family movie. FFH = SH. Family movie holds well in the wake of SH movie opening.

FFH = SH. TLK = family. SH movie holds well in the wake of family movie opening. 

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Superhero movies aren't family films. TS4 legs will be 3.3-3.6x, while FFH will be maybe 2x its 6-day opening, which I'd approximate at roughly 2.6-2.8x a normal 3-day opening. It will drop over 50% from 2nd to 3rd weekend. 

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Is $170M now a definite for JW3 @cdsacken?

I know it's not the best comp, but JW2 got another 4.5m after a 2.6m weekend and JW2 didn't also have summer weekdays or the late legs that JW3 is having.  I don't see how it misses it to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

what's up with Annabelle recovery? it had the biggest jump on Friday and it looks like the it played really well the rest of the weekend too. 

Not a holiday or family friendly movie so it dropped hard over the holiday then recouped after they were over

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

How?

TS4 = family movie. FFH = SH. Family movie holds well in the wake of SH movie opening.

FFH = SH. TLK = family. SH movie holds well in the wake of family movie opening. 

No they don't.