charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/01) Numbers

Seems like a normal drop for Endgame...  

I mean, I guess that fact in itself is good if you were concerned it would collapse or something, but some other movies listed held about as well or better.

Speaking of, killer 6th Monday for Aladdin. It’s down less than 7% week-on-week ( @Ledmonkey96). Canuck holiday, but still.

Charlie, don’t suppose you have an estimate for the CAN vs US component there vs last Monday?

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Seems like a normal drop for Endgame...  

I mean, I guess that fact in itself is good if you were concerned it would collapse or something, but some other movies listed held about as well or better.

Speaking of, killer 6th Monday for Aladdin. It’s down less than 7% week-on-week ( @Ledmonkey96). Canuck holiday, but still.

Charlie, don’t suppose you have an estimate for the CAN vs US component there vs last Monday?

Nope, it’s neck on neck following MIB:I. This from a re-release is nothing short of mighty, just take a look at Avatar’s first Monday after the re-release. Endgame is pulling off magic here.

Isn't the EG number a pretty normal or expected drop from the Sunday number? Or, as mentioned, were people simply expecting a collapse so this is a surprise?

Either way, the staggered expansion OS will be a huge determining factor in EG getting where Disney and Co. want it to go.

• Like 2

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Isn't the EG number a pretty normal or expected drop from the Sunday number? Or, as mentioned, were people simply expecting a collapse so this is a surprise?

Either way, the staggered expansion OS will be a huge determining factor in EG getting where Disney and Co. want it to go.

no it is a suprise that endgame held so well

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Nope, it’s neck on neck following MIB:I. This from a re-release is nothing short of mighty, just take a look at Avatar’s first Monday after the re-release. Endgame is pulling off magic here.

These estimates have it at 91.6% of MIBI. On Sunday it was 91.8%. It’s a summer day with Canadian holiday. You’re freaking out over something utterly unremarkable here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Even with the Sunday numbers, due to the fact that this is a re-release, this isn’t normal by any means. Avengers: Endgame is enjoying the “Avengers effect" from Spider-Man: Far From Home plus the marketing push. I was expecting around $600k, which would be already absolutely nuts.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no it is a suprise that endgame held so well

No.   

I’m literally the guy who made the AEG over Avatar club, before most people thought it was possible, and you people have still, somehow, managed to make me sick of this incessant EG vs Avatar crap that’s been all over the place for weeks with exaggeration, hyperbole, needless insults and baiting, and freak outs from all sides. I think it’s time to finally add some people who are nominally on my “side” to my ignore list for sanity.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It's was neck and neck with MiB Sunday too. Not trying to throw shade, but unless a complete collapse was expected, this is a pretty normal drop from Sun to Mon. Essentially the same drop MiB had Sun to Mon.

If EG keeps this up through next weekend and some improved OS numbers roll in, should take the WW crown sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yes. 

No.   

I’m literally the guy who made the AEG over Avatar club, before most people thought it was possible, and you people have still, somehow, managed to make me sick of this incessant EG vs Avatar crap that’s been all over the place for weeks with exaggeration, hyperbole, and freak outs from all sides. I think it’s time to finally add some people who are nominally on my “side” to my ignore list for sanity.

..... idk what to tell, what this have anything to do with the ww record crap ?i think that this monday is suprsingly good, you dont think the same and thats fine, but dont start call me for this, i didnt say anything about your opinion, carefull now

ps i mean just stop dude, i never implied about the record, i only said that i found that monday was very very good, carefull how you talk to people that you dont know, i have my own reasons as to why i am suprised that it held so well, we could argue like normal people if you want, but stop this shit, the fact that i need to explain what i meant to you, says a lot, either you are blind or idk what

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's was neck and neck with MiB Sunday too. Not trying to throw shade, but unless a complete collapse was expected, this is a pretty normal drop from Sun to Mon. Essentially the same drop MiB had Sun to Mon.

If EG keeps this up through next weekend and some improved OS numbers roll in, should take the WW crown sooner rather than later.

I’m fully aware that it was neck and neck with MIB:I this weekend. My point is that since this is a re-release, a subdued drop compared with the rest could be expected. Far From Home is playing an effect here imho, and I see for example Jatinder’s projection that he has this week at $8.7m for EG. This number is now conservative because even if it comes lower this Tuesday, it still will have the FFH bump in full effect, with Thursday being one day before July 4th.

No idea why @Thanos Legion got so pissed off. It’s fair to say that Endgame is playing higher than what at least I was expecting.