charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/01) Numbers

11 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I am really surprised how well it is holding. I am not sure if it'll reach $350M, but it's the movie that finally broke Disney's Memorial Day curse. It's also the best performance for a Will Smith movie in a long time. Disney has so many blockbusters in theaters at the same time right now, and they aren't cannibalizing each other. 

I have yet to watch Aladdin, maybe I’ll do this week, since I’m traveling to watch Far From Home IMAX. My home town theater fucked me over and it barely stayed a week around here.

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yes. 

No.   

I’m literally the guy who made the AEG over Avatar club, before most people thought it was possible, and you people have still, somehow, managed to make me sick of this incessant EG vs Avatar crap that’s been all over the place for weeks with exaggeration, hyperbole, needless insults and baiting, and freak outs from all sides. I think it’s time to finally add some people who are nominally on my “side” to my ignore list for sanity.

Definitely ignored john2000, and life on these threads have been far better since. Incessant EG replies with no real added value was draining to read. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Theater counts won't be available until Thursday -even though they went into effect today. 

Looking at my local theaters most movies outside the top 5 got hit hard (RM, MIB and AE are the exceptions).

Also, SLOP2 took a hit in some theaters going down to 1/2 screen in a few of them. 

CP is largely getting 1 to 2 screenings per day at most of the theaters still carrying it.

Ma, LN, KOTM, XDP, JW3 all have alot fewer theaters and showings with the first 2 gone completely. Most of these if they survived are getting a 1/2 screen.

In general I am seeing FFH on 4-5 screens, TS4 on 2 to 2 1/2, Aladdin, Yesterday, MIB, SLOP, RM on one screen - occassionally in the smaller theaters some are getting a 1/2 screen (particularly SLOP2, MIB, and RM). 

For the couple of KOTM fans that I know are out there I went from 18 screenings in 7 theaters yesterday to 6 screenings in 2 theaters today.

AE went from 17 screenings yesterday in 5 theaters to 15 screenings in 5 theaters today. So far I have 18 total tickets sold in those 15 screenings. 1 with 4 tickets, 7 with 2 tickets and 7 with 0 tickets sold. So after the good hold yesterday I will be interested to see if it takes a fall today. Those numbers are behind yesterday at the same point.

I'm expecting smaller than normal Tuesday bumps for alot of movies with FFH opening. But Wednesday should see increases with it being July 3.

I'm thinking when TLK comes out in a couple of weeks the only movies out now that are likely to survive are FFH, TS4, Aladdin, and Yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone surprised how good Aladdin is holding? I got to give props to it, anyone think it can get to $350M DOM?

If it continues to follow Maleficent for the rest of its run, it gives us 346.3M. And it's been holding way better than Maleficent for the past couple weeks, so I'd say yes.

6 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Never used the ignore feature. Feels like I would miss out on stuff.

You’re probably right, but in this case, it’s better you miss out on his posts. 

• Haha 1

I feel like my time here would be better if utilized the ignore feature more, but I try my best to not. Its been a big test since EG opened. But I also realize that nearly 20 years ago I was the rude newbie on BOM so I try to keep that in mind and not be the rude old guy (all the time.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

If it continues to follow Maleficent for the rest of its run, it gives us 346.3M. And it's been holding way better than Maleficent for the past couple weeks, so I'd say yes.

Unreal and some thought 150 dom. I loved it, so happy for it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Definitely ignored john2000, and life on these threads have been far better since. Incessant EG replies with no real added value was draining to read. 

nobody told you to read my replies , the fact that the people i was arguing with hadnt a problem but you do, its funny as hell

Edited by john2000

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I feel like my time here would be better if utilized the ignore feature more, but I try my best to not. Its been a big test since EG opened. But I also realize that nearly 20 years ago I was the rude newbie on BOM so I try to keep that in mind and not be the rude old guy (all the time.) 

rude ? .... probably you dont know what that means then

Edited by john2000

20 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Theater counts won't be available until Thursday -even though they went into effect today. 

Looking at my local theaters most movies outside the top 5 got hit hard (RM, MIB and AE are the exceptions).

Also, SLOP2 took a hit in some theaters going down to 1/2 screen in a few of them. 

CP is largely getting 1 to 2 screenings per day at most of the theaters still carrying it.

Ma, LN, KOTM, XDP, JW3 all have alot fewer theaters and showings with the first 2 gone completely. Most of these if they survived are getting a 1/2 screen.

In general I am seeing FFH on 4-5 screens, TS4 on 2 to 2 1/2, Aladdin, Yesterday, MIB, SLOP, RM on one screen - occassionally in the smaller theaters some are getting a 1/2 screen (particularly SLOP2, MIB, and RM). 

For the couple of KOTM fans that I know are out there I went from 18 screenings in 7 theaters yesterday to 6 screenings in 2 theaters today.

AE went from 17 screenings yesterday in 5 theaters to 15 screenings in 5 theaters today. So far I have 18 total tickets sold in those 15 screenings. 1 with 4 tickets, 7 with 2 tickets and 7 with 0 tickets sold. So after the good hold yesterday I will be interested to see if it takes a fall today. Those numbers are behind yesterday at the same point.

I'm expecting smaller than normal Tuesday bumps for alot of movies with FFH opening. But Wednesday should see increases with it being July 3.

I'm thinking when TLK comes out in a couple of weeks the only movies out now that are likely to survive are FFH, TS4, Aladdin, and Yesterday.

So EG lost 2 screenings in your local area?

40 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

55% drop after super strong Sunday hold? nah

Tuesday is flat though or a small drop.

Depends how many screens it lost today, which we don't yet know, but yes, Tuesday should be flat or slightly down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexMA said:

Depends how many screens it lost today, which we don't yet know, but yes, Tuesday should be flat or slightly down.

Not many at all as I already said. 3k PTA is damn good. It's going to hold up well and have a good week. Next week not so sure. This week might be a bit weird with July 4th on Thursday. Huge portion of US will have July 5th off.

8 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

So EG lost 2 screenings in your local area?

Correct.

Didn't lose any theaters, but it did lose a couple of showtimes.

After the great Sunday hold and the good hold yesterday I'm expecting a decline for it today right now. It's selling fewer tickets than it was yesterday and one of the theaters it's in does the $5 Tuesday (i'm seeing FFH with my son on $5 tickets there this evening) so the tickets sold in that theater will be cheaper than yesterday.

• Like 1