The Hunger Games

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Hunger Games

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The hunger games, twilight and Harry Potter appeal to the same crowd. Teenage girls love this crap.

Actually, all 3 crossed over beyond teenage girl crowd. Twi Moms are not teen moms. HP started off as kids books but hooked both kids and parents and all age groups in between. Both genders. THG is also popular with older crowd and boys/men.  

The hunger games, twilight and Harry Potter appeal to the same crowd. Teenage girls love this crap.

Hush, just hush!btw why writing Harry Potter with capital letter, but not Twilight and The Hunger Games?I sense an agenda <_<

I just hate when someone compares twilight to hunger games their completely different

At least the small amount of info I heard about this in Korea, it felt like Hunger Games was being marketed completey as the next Twilight, or a film for Twilight fans. Thus I avoided it completely at the cinemas.

It was only about 3 months ago that I actually made myself watch it as nobody was hating it like they did Twilight and I discovered that its actually a great film and very entertaining.

I have a feeling the sequel could really take off WW as more people see Twilight on DVD/TV etc and realise it isnt a sparkly shiny moany weepy piece of arse that is Vampires on their periods or whatever was going on in those films.

I know I'll be intending to see number 2 in the cinemas.

• Like 1

Me either. I bought the Blu Ray for Xmas but haven't watched it for fear of being terribly disappointed.It's just, the shaky cam, blah. It's totally neutered. I hope Lawrence can improve things.

I never actually minded the shaky cam. I just didnt find it to be an ambitious movie visually, at all

Just watched this for the first time and I have to say I don't get the hype it's getting. For me, it seemed just like an average movie.

The things that bothered me the most was the way it was filmed... that camera shaking was annoying as hell. The other thing that bothered me was how they tried to make the wrong moments dramatic.

Katniss' volunteering was such a simple scene, just getting her and leaving, without any try to add any kind of drama that might move the viewer, yet they tried to do that with her seeing the room in that train for the first time. They added soundtracks and great acting, but I bet most viewers stared at it straight faced. I understand that the character had a horrible life, without food and anything else, but heck, if you want to make a dramatic scene, you make it for the viewer, not for the character, and I doubt any viewer felt anything that moved them in that scene. No one is familiar to the feeling of seeing the food for the first time because if you afforded tickets to watch it, you can afford food.

Anyways, as I said... Average movie for me. C+, and that because the acting was alright, whilst the characters felt dull sometimes.

• Like 1

Just watched this for the first time and I have to say I don't get the hype it's getting. For me, it seemed just like an average movie.

The things that bothered me the most was the way it was filmed... that camera shaking was annoying as hell. The other thing that bothered me was how they tried to make the wrong moments dramatic.

Katniss' volunteering was such a simple scene, just getting her and leaving, without any try to add any kind of drama that might move the viewer, yet they tried to do that with her seeing the room in that train for the first time. They added soundtracks and great acting, but I bet most viewers stared at it straight faced. I understand that the character had a horrible life, without food and anything else, but heck, if you want to make a dramatic scene, you make it for the viewer, not for the character, and I doubt any viewer felt anything that moved them in that scene. No one is familiar to the feeling of seeing the food for the first time because if you afforded tickets to watch it, you can afford food.

Anyways, as I said... Average movie for me. C+, and that because the acting was alright, whilst the characters felt dull sometimes.

All valid criticism. What annoyed me about the movie is that the book is fairly simple and you wouldn`t need it to appreciate the movie but the way the movie turned out the book was actually needed, IMO. For example, they didn`t explain the super-important deal with the Mockinjay pin. It was the symbol of Resistance and thus banned from public use.

My bigger beef is that they changed who killed District 8 girl (the one that stupidly started the fire at night). Cato wounded her and Peeta finished her off. This is so important that Peeta was involved. But they changed that to Glimmer killing her. Why Hollywood has to sanitize everything?

• Like 2

I have not read the books and I had not heard about this until movie was released. I saw the movie at home because the enormous hype here and numbers it did in US. Just curiosity. And although I think is a far better movie than Twilights (IMO, a movie filming a stone for 90 minutes would be better than Twilights), I still do not get the hype and excitation about this. The premise of the story is quite interesting, and the first 45 minutes (before games start) attracted my attention, but when games started I bored as hell. When I remember the movie I think Katniss spends the whole time on a tree. I will probably give another chance with CF, but the first part is a very average movie. C+ for me.