The Hunger Games

100 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Hunger Games

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I feel like that kind of worked with the tone though.  Katniss' world was supposed to be very small and contained because that's all she ever knew.  The shakiness and closeup shots at District 12 kind of reminded me of documentary footage at 3rd world places like you see in those "adopt a child" or "trafficking awareness" ads.  It was very raw and under-produced compared to the footage at the Capitol, with wide sweeping shots of the skyline and zoomed out views of large buildings. 

It has a fantastic and emotionally powerful 1st act in the poor 12th district, they really nailed the introduction to this world. The scenes in Capitol are ok but nothing special. The movie gets kind of repetitive and shows it's not-big-enough budget in the arena scenes but Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic throughout and  the perfect choice for Katniss. I think the movie is slightly better than the book.

B.