Oppenheimer

7/21 6:00PM, IMAX

Sold Out

Trailers:

Gran Turismo

Killers of the Flower Moon

Dune: Part Two

The Exorcist: Believer

Audience was quiet throughout but it was clear that it was out of being engrossed rather then a lack of interest. Matt Damon's character got most of the laughs in his wittier lines. Trinity test had a gasp. People leaving the theater seemed enthusiastic, particularly a group of teen girls who seemed shocked they liked it as much as they did (glad they did!).

• Like 1

Barbie

7/21 9:40PM, Regular

Sold Out

Trailers:

The Marvels

Trolls Band Together

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

Wonka

Audience had a blast. Laughing constantly with Ryan Gosling, Michael Cera, and Kate McKinnon being the clear favourites with the crowd. Dude in the audience lost his mind when Gosling first showed up which also got some laughs. Audience was buzzing afterwards. Great crowd!

Spoiler

The "depression Barbie" bit had people in genuine hysterics.

Edited by LegionWrex

Elemental

A smaller stadium, about 30% full

12:30 PM

First, wow, new Regal theater! You know, I wondered why studios made ~motion posters of stuff. Turns out, when your theater is from 2023 and not 1998, you see that they have virtual billboards that are used as another touchpoint for advertising movies.

Anyway, I didn't know how to judge the seating and ended up closer than I prefer, but it was nice to sit that close and watch all the details and movement.

Sometimes a child would cry or talk behind me but I was too interested in the movie, even if I don't think it's fabulous..

• Like 1

Saw Oppenheimer at my local Cinemark. This 1 pm show was in one of the smaller theaters (about 70 seats or so I’d say) and was about two thirds full. No reax at the end but there rarely is here. My wife, her mom and my daughter came along, everyone thought it was fantastic. Trailers were Marvels, Exorcist, Flower Moon, Haunting in Venice and Holdovers.

Edited by JustWatching

Regal Monday Mystery Movie (Gran Turismo)

7:00 PM 7/24 

70-75% Full.

Some older women stole a couples seats before the movie started and wouldn't give them back because "they wanted to be more towards the center". It feels like people taking others reserved seats is becoming a common thing at these showings.

Trailers:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

Dumb Money

The Meg 2

Kraven The Hunter

Next Goal Wins

There were  some cheers and claps when it was revealed the movie was Gran Turismo. Otherwise, a couple of laughs during the movie. Some applause when it ended. Overall people seemed to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Oppenheimer

12:00 PM 70MM 

95% Full.

Trailers:

A Haunting in Venice 

Dumb Money

The Meg 2

The Last Voyage of the Demeter

The Holdovers

The Exorcist: Believer

Lots of people arrived late which was annoying. Otherwise, some laughs, but nowhere near as receptive to it compared to the IMAX showing I was at last week. Kind of a crappy crowd.

TMNT Mutant Mayhem

40% full

Still at the newer theater. Now I saw Elemental here and it was a smaller stadium - fair, it was older in release - but this was out for less than a week and still in a small stadium. I'm beginning to wonder if any of the stadiums are two-aisle with 3 seating areas. Maybe they're all still taken by Barbie.

Trolls Band Together -- I think it's a new trailer, actually.

Camp Hideaway -  I thought Corbin Bleu was Cuba Gooding Jr. :facepalm:

Blue Beetle

Paw Patrol Super Paw or whatever I just kept thinking on how Paramount tried to make Saw Patrol happen.

Quite a lot of laughs. A lot of it landed with the older audience. One woman in front of me was so determined to watch it, she wouldn't take her toddler son out, and he was fidgeting and whining for about 30 minutes. She got up and moved to the end of the aisle where I was near the wall but wouldn't leave.

Edited by Morieris

1 hour ago, Anarchoreneage said:

Regal Mystery Movie (Retribution)

7:00 PM 8/14

70% Full

Trailers:

The Equalizer 3

A Haunting in Venice 

Strays

Dune

Expendables 4

Quite a bit of unintentional laughter throughout. Some groans and laughs when the villian was revealed. Nobody seemed to really be into it. 

I was going to check it out at our Regal. Glad I didn't.

The Last Voyage of The Demeter

about 13 people

1 PM

The trailers didn't even start at 1PM, it was still a bunch of ads. This is where it's at, everyone. Still at the newest theater, the young woman was flustered but thankfully there wasn't a big crowd and I (and the lady who was with her kids and helped get me napkins for my popcorn) were in no rush.

Trailers included

Something I have never heard of including two South East Asian girls and horror. I forgot the title, which is a pity.

Exorcist Believer

The Nun

Saw [number]

Five Nights at Freddy's

No reactions, no movement. Not a ton to react to anyway.

Edited by Morieris

The Equalizer 3

12:00 PM Dolby Atmos

About 25 people or so.

Trailers:

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice 

Expendables 4

Right as the movie was starting some dude was yelling at some woman who was on her phone to put it away and threatened to get a manager. As much as I hate people on their phones, he was a straight up douche about it. Otherwise, there were a couple of laughs at some of Denzel's laughs. Everyone left quietly when it was over. 

A Haunting in Venice

5pm Look Cinemas

Saturday September 16

Trailers:

I was running late the first one I saw was a predominantly black cast only saw like one frame of it have no idea what it was. Maybe Color Purple?

Napoleon

The Marvels

The Creator 

Movie was OK. Best of the 3. Some chuckles at the beginning. It gets surprisingly somber mid way through. 

A Haunting in Venice

Maybe 12 people. Almost as much as Demeter! There was also a pre-show focusing on Hispanic Heritage Month featuring Pedro Pascal and "Internet's Daddy" meme which, let's leave that online ok.

You can tell the message re: advertising of "Make it horror" did not reach all parties, because there was certainly a plethora of trailers;

• Saw X
  • FNAF
  • The Color Purple
  • Napoleon, which I had forgotten until I saw a photo of Elon Musk with a gun
  • The Creator
  • The Marvels

The risk with any movie like this is, you're going to be watching it amongst older people who don't mute their phones, and that was a problem here. To their credit, one was wonderfully timed, seconds after Poroit said "I thought I heard something".

There was some laughter, the person I went with lost interest pretty quickly, but I thought it was fine.

Edited by Morieris

A Haunting in Venice

9/21 6:00 PM

Around 20 people.

Trailers:

Stop Making Sense

The Creator

Ferrari

A few jumps at the jump scares. Some chuckles here and there. Not much of a reaction, but the movie was fine.

Stop Making Sense

9/22 12:45 IMAX

30 people.

Trailers:

Bob Marley

The Color Purple

Trolls Band Together

Taylor Swift

Carlos: The Santana Journey

Priscilla

Audience was really into it and it seemed like some of them had seen it before. Somebody applauded when David walked on stage. Some applause at the end of each songs. Applause and cheers at the end.