Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

A quiet Place

April 5th 9:25pm

Came late so I missed some trailers.

Trailers:

Hereditary: I  heard "wtf" is that several times after the trailer ended.

Truth Or dare: People seemed into it and scared 

Tag: a few laughs, but not that much

Action Point: People laughed at this a lot actually, which was weird lol

Mission Impossible: Got a good response(side note: does this movie not play in front of any movie? Seriously every single screening no matter the genre lol)

The theater was really packed. In the beginning you could hear people opening up their candy, munching on popcorn, etc. Other than that the audience seemed kind of bored. Especially the first hour. One guy in front of me I think fell asleep. The guy next to me could not sit still in his chair( I presume because of boredom). Then the movie got going and there were some gasps at some scenes. Overall I don't think anyone really found it scary.

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1

A Quiet Place

12:30

About 65% full. The lines were long at the concession/ticket booth. Every time there is a slight rain, people flock to the movies. Must be tourists.

Trailers;

Hereditary - one person gasped when the girl cut the head of the pidgeon. 

Sicario 2

Tag

Truth or Dare - I kept laughing at the twisted faces the people would pull.

Action Point

Fallout

The Darkest Minds - I hadn't seen the trailer before so I was like "Oh they're psychics? Nice.....wait, where the hell is Extrasensory? Am I the only one who wants to see it?"

Crowd seemed into it, could have been better. One person to the left had their phone out within the first minute of the movie. Someone else's had a silent ring that just flashed a bright light up ahead.

The women in front of me occasionally had a comment to say - too occasionally. Someone behind me would LOUDLY whisper "Bless you!" every time someone WAY IN THE FRONT sneezed. The moment you stepped foot in Panama City, God abandoned you. Shut up and let me watch the movie in peace.

Spoiler

One person sighed with exasperation when the lady was about to give birth and basically every time they cut back to it until it finally happened.

Edited by Morieris

A Quiet Place

12:30PM Friday

9 People

Trailers: Truth or Dare, Hereditary, Upgrade.

My theater was dead silent.  I could hear the guy eating popcorn in the back.  I was actually wondered I was making too much noise with I fidgeted in my chair.  No reaction to the movie.  No reaction afterward. Interesting note: every one of us was alone; no one came in as a pair.

Blockers

7:00PM

45% Full

Trailers: Super Troopers 2, The Spy Who Dumped Me (got the most reactions), and Night School which looks 50/50, but TIFFANY HADDISH.

I was in Han's worst nightmare: rowdy adults.  My theater was CRAAAZY loud.  People in the back were talking throughout the movie.  Other people shushed them.  During the Keg scene, some guys on the middle right started chanting "CHUG CHUG CHUG!"  It was nuts.

People laughed really loud and often.  Everyone was into it.  I got a real kick out of the men laughing to X, while the women laughing to Y, and I -- outing my gay ass self -- HOWLING to lesbian jokes.  It was very nice.  Something for everyone.  

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Rampage, 2PM

Maybe 10 people? More than I expected.

Trailers:

Wreck it Ralph 2 (A man went "Oh...Wreck it Ralph!")

Fallout (I think this is a very well made trailer but man am I tired of seeing it.)

Adrift ("Oh look, another movie about a goddamn hurricane.")

Deadpool 2

Venom

Skyscraper

Ocean's 8 (Interest)

The Meg (Some more interest) 

The occasional laugh but a pretty dead crowd.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

A Quiet Place

April 14th, 5:10 PM, 80% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16, Wilmington, NC

Trailers

Hereditary ("Nope. Not seeing that one.")

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (murmurs)

Tag

Upgrade (murmurs)

The Darkest Minds ("That looks good.")

Mission: Impossible - Fallout ("They're making another Mission: Impossible?")

Action Point (laughs)

The crowd was appropriate for the most part. There were a lot of gasps and reactions. If only Rampage wasn't blaring its volume next door for the entire first half of the movie.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

Rampage

April 15

1:45 PM, 75% full

AMC

Trailers: missed the first few

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (laughs)

Skyscraper (murmurs)

Deadpool 2 (laughs)

Life of the Party (laughs, biggest reaction from the crowd, more than Rampage got)

Tag (laughs)

Some laughter at appropriate times. Someone in front of me fell asleep towards the end.

Isle of Dogs

April 18, 11:05 AM, JUST ME

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Dr. Suess' The Grinch: I was triggered by the minion in the Illuminati logo

Eighth Grade: Really excited for this one

Won't You Be My Neighbor?: This was my first time seeing the trailer, and it looks really good! Hopefully it goes wide

Alpha: I murmured "OH GOD NO" when the trailer began. If Sony is going to be shoving this movie around, at least have the decency to release a new trailer instead of the one that's been playing since last summer ffs

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: This trailer was slightly different than the one online with the studio logos at the beginning and an extra shot or two.

Super Troopers 2: This was PAINFULLY unfunny.

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Still looks v good

I chuckled every now and then. Good movie!

Edited by WrathOfHan

Isle of Dogs

April 21st, 8:40 PM, 10% full - interestingly, mostly college-aged students

AMC Wilmington 16

Previews (We came late and may have missed a few of these.)

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (a young man leanes towards his group a said, "What do think, guys? Thumbs up? Yeah?", and his group agreed)

Sorry to Bother You (laughs)

Eighth Grade (laughs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (murmurs)

Can't You Ever Forgive Me?

The audience enjoyed this one quite a bit. When the audience was leaving, one girl said, "I was lost" -- though this was spoken enthusiastically.

• Like 1

Rampage 3D

April 21, 7:45 PM, 15% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers (the teens behind me were mocking every trailer, otherwise the rest of the audience was silent)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Ant-Man and the Wasp 3D

Avengers: Infinity War 3D

Skyscraper 3D

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D

Unfortunately, those teens didn't shut up during the movie. As for the rest of the audience, there were laughs at appropriate moments and a couple of jumps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rampage 3D

April 21, 7:45 PM, 15% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers (the teens behind me were mocking every trailer, otherwise the rest of the audience was silent)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Ant-Man and the Wasp 3D

Avengers: Infinity War 3D

Skyscraper 3D

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D

Unfortunately, those teens didn't shut up during the movie. As for the rest of the audience, there were laughs at appropriate moments and a couple of jumps.

Couldn't you have moved away from the teens?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I Feel Pretty

April 22, 1:50 PM, 15% full

Regal Hunt Valley Stadium 12, Hunt Valley, MD

Trailers:

Mary Poppins Returns (someone laughed for some reason, murmurs)

Eighth Grade (small chuckles, murmurs)

Tully (laughs)

Overboard (laughs)

Book Club (laughs)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (murmurs, small chuckles)

Life of the Party (laughs)
Adrift

Lot of people laughing throughout the movie and such

did you like the movie?

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Couldn't you have moved away from the teens?

I was going to move two rows down but didn't know if my dad would've been mad that I wasn't focusing on the movie like he did that one time I told people to shut up. He somehow didn't hear them during the movie despite being audibly annoyed by them before the movie began :hahaha: