The Nutcracker and the Four Realms 

Venom 

Instant Family

Overlord 

Hunter Killer 

Alita: Battle Angel 
Aquamna

Robin Hood

Audience was reaction was dead silent, although the dude sitting at the end of our row looked like he was on the edge of his seat quite a bit during the climax. For me personally, this is one of the worst movies I've seen this year.

A Star is Born

10/4 7:00 70% full. Dolby Atmos theater.

Trailers:

The Girl in the Spider's Web

First Man

Bohemian Rhapsody

Vice

On the Basis of Sex

The Upside 

Rocketman

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Griswald 

The audience lauged at all of the right moments. While I didn't hear anyone crying, you could tell a lot of people were a bit emotional while leaving the theater. 

8/10 for me.

A Star is Born

1:55

About 23 people? Maybe.

First; I was carded at the box office. That's never happened before. Maybe they thought I was a Little Monster skipping class.

Trailers;

Mary Poppins Returns

Grindelwald (Someone said "Ok.")

Robin Hood

The Upside

The Mule

I'll probably remember another one.

The Favourite (Which I hadn't seen but I got a kick out of it and want to see it now)

Rocketman (Surprised it wasn't Bohemian Rhapsody)

Welcome to Marwen

A few laughs, a few more sniffs.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

Venom

12:00 P.M. 10/5. 35% full 

Trailers:

Glass

Creed 2

Shazam 

Bumblebee

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse 

Some laughter at the comedic moments. The lady in front of me jumped a couple of times. Most people stayed for the first post-credits scene, but only a few stayed for the Into the Spiderverse clip at the end. I thought the movie was a trainwreck 3.5/10.

The Sisters Brothers 

7:45 P.M. 10/5 40% full 

Trailers:

Mary Queen of Scots 

Mid90's

The Happy Prince 

If Beale Street Could Talk 

Laughs at the comedic moments. "Ew's" at a few gross scenes and some of the audience seemed a bit shocked by how violent it was at times. A couple walked out about half an hour in and another person 15 minutes before it ended. When the credits rolled there were a few laughs. I'm really not sure if the audience liked it that much, but I thought it was good. 7/10.

• Like 1

Venom

October 6, 7:40 PM, 80% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers

Captain Marvel: Murmurs

Dark Phoenix

Bumblebee

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Laughs

The audience laughed a lot and ew'd a couple of moments. About a quarter of the audience left before the mid-credits scene, and I'd say about half left before the Spider-Verse clip (I was one of them so no exact numbers lol)

A Star is Born

October 7th, 4:25 pm, 80% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Trailers

First Man sneak peek advertisement ("That looks great")

Boy Erased (When Joel Edgerton said the "God will not love you" line, I whispered to the patron next to me, saying, "God not loving him is a lie." And she nodded, with a huge smile appearing on her face.)

Welcome to Marwen

Vice (One guy was laughing a lot at this.)

Bohemian Rhapsody (murmurs)

The Mule (murmurs)

Rocketman

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (murmurs)

A lot of people were laughing at a lot of parts. My mom was pumping her fist in the air, getting really into the film--the 70's one with Barbara Streisand is one of her all-time favorites. There were a lot of sniffles and crying, with applause at the end. My mom was overwhelmed with emotion, and I gave her a hug to help console her.

I want to talk a little bit more about my experience with the film, so I'll put the rest in a spoiler tag--there's gonna be a spoiler in it.

Spoiler

I was once asked to star in a short film for a high schooler during my freshman year of college. It was a silent film involving my character, who would periodically play guitar on a park bench, falling in love with a girl's character who finds him on the bench one day, only to have his feelings crushed when he sees the girl cheating right across from him in a gazebo across a pond. And the way some of the montages of A Star is Born were filmed, I had flashbacks of my time filming that film, as well as my time watching that film. From the beginning where they meet, to the ending where Ally is left alone, I was greatly reminded of the fun I had with the high school student's project. And I think it's really significant that this film is one that's executed so well as to cause the viewer to reminisce. This is a very moving picture, it's my favorite of the year so far, and it's one that I recommend to everyone.

• Like 1

A Star Is Born

October 11, 10:15 AM, 25% full in a 124 seat auditorium
AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story: Murmurs

First Man: Murmurs

Bohemian Rhapsody

Vice: Shocked reactions at Christian Bale

Boy Erased

Rocketman

The Favourite: Laughs

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

The Mule: Murmurs

The audience laughed a couple of times, and there was a lot of sniffling towards the end. The two old ladies in my row were kind of chattery at times, especially whenever drugs were used.

Bad Times at the El Royale 

10/11 7:00 P.M. 65% full.

Trailers:

The Girl in the Spiders Web

Overlord 

Aquaman

Bohemian Rhapsody

Widows

The Mule 

Not much of a reaction from the audience, although there was one scene in particular that made just about everyone in the theater jump. Seemed like kind of a mixed reaction when it was over, some people looked like they enjoyed it and others were just didn't seem that impressed. I personally found it to be rather "meh".

First Man

10/14 12:40 P.M. 

45% Full

Trailers:

Instant Family

Ben is Back

Aquaman 

Widows

Welcome to Marwen

Green Book

I don't think the audience was all that into it. I noticed a lot of people getting up throughout the movie and the kid in front of me was playing on his phone through a lot of it. With that scene, everyone seemed really tense and there were a few gasps during the moon landing sequence. One person walked out right after the moon landing scene. I personally loved it, but I can see why some people feel more mixed about it.

• Like 2

Colette

October 15, 1:35 PM, JUST ME

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Mary Queen of Scots

Beautiful Boy

The Favourite: Emma Stone's sneer at the end gets me every time

The Mule

A Private War

What They Had: I was kind of shocked both Hilary Swank and Michael Shannon had a new movie out. Looks good!

I chuckled a couple of times and started getting sore towards the end. That's it.

First Man

October 15, 3:45 PM, 5% full in a 124 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Widows: Murmurs

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story

Vice: Shocked reactions at Christian Bale

Mary Queen of Scots

Instant Family: Chuckles

Robin Hood

Aquaman: Murmurs

Welcome to Marwen: Murmurs

Green Book: Murmurs

Dead silent audience; you could hear a pin drop in here. Everyone had great things to say at the end.

Bad Times at the El Royale

October 17, 1:40 PM, 10% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Halloween

Vice: Murmurs

Boy Erased: "We'll pass on that one." -Old guy in front of me who proceeded to discuss with his friend how The Hate U Give looks pandering @filmlover

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story

Overlord

The Mule: Murmurs

Widows: Murmurs

Bohemian Rhapsody: Murmurs (the old guys I mentioned above were excited for it lol)

Outside of an old woman who was humming two songs in the first act, the audience was silent. Reception was mixed as it ended.

Halloween 

9:00 PM 10/18. 45% full in the smallest auditorium at the theater. Was kind hoping for a larger crowd as these kind of movies work better with them.

Trailers:

Glass

Happy Death Day 2U

Bohemian Rhapsody 

Captive State

Captain Marvel

Although it was kinda a small crowd, everyone in the theater was having a blasts. Lots of laughs, gasps, and jumping at all of the right moments. One older guy sitting at the end of our row was probably laughing the hardest out of everyone in the theater. About 25% of people stuck around until the very end of the credits.

Beautiful Boy 

3:15 PM 10/19 16 people.

Trailers:

Mary Queen of Scots

At Eternity's Gate

Mid90's

If Beale Street Could Talk

Dead silent throughout except a few sniffles in the last half hour. For about half of the credits most people were just sitting there. Walking out one woman said how hard it was her to watch and that she want to leave at parts. Can't blame her, it was a super hard movie to watch.

• Like 1

Hereditary

6:00 pm, 20%-30% full

UNCW Lumina Theater

Trailers (for films to be shown by the university)

Firday The 13th (1980)

Pan's Labyrinth

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (annual event)

Gasps at appropriate times. A lot of laughs, as well. The film had a lot of audience engagement. Talking to other students after the film revealed that others were just as shaken as I was.

• Like 1

Halloween

October 23, 1:15 PM, 15% full in a 124 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Escape Room: Murmurs

Bohemian Rhapsody: Murmurs

Robin Hood

Pet Sematary: Jumps

Destroyer

Aquaman: Laughs at "REDHEADS!"

Glass

Happy Death Day 2U

This audience was kind of annoying at times. There were a lot of rednecks in the row ahead of me that were mocking some of the quieter scenes, but otherwise the chattering was kept on the low. There were plenty of laughs throughout the film.

• Like 1

Mid90s

10/26 12:45 PM. I was the only person in the entire theater which hasn't happened in a couple years.

Trailers:

Climax

The Beach Bum 

Green Book

Bumblebee

The Mule

Ralph Breaks The Internet (Weird trailer to show before this movie)

Since I was the only one there really no reaction, but I did laugh a couple times and overall enjoyed the movie.

Smallfoot

October 31, 1:35 PM, JUST ME

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Ralph Breaks the Internet

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Wonder Park

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch: FUCK ILLUMINATI

Shazam!

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

I laughed several times. Good movie!

• Like 4

Bohemian Rhapsody

7:00 PM in Dolby Atmos.

November 1st.

85% full.

Trailers:

Widows

Green Book

Rocketman

The Favourite 

There was a lot of laughter throughout the film at the comedic moments and a few jokes even got some applause after them. Didn't expect the film to be quite as funny as it was. During the Live Aid scene, you could see a lot of people tapping their feet to the music. One woman was even clapping her hands along with the crowd during Radio GaGa. About half of the theater stayed until the very end of the credits. Everyone seemed like they really enjoyed it.

Bohemian Rhapsody

November 8, 10:15 AM, 5% full in a 124 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

The Girl in the Spider's Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story (LAST DAY OF THIS TRAILER WOO!)

Second Act: Laughs

Vice

Rocketman

Green Book

The Mule

Widows

There were a few laughs, otherwise this was a quiet audience.

• Like 1

Eighth Grade

9:00 pm, 5%-10% full

UNCW Lumina Theater

There were so many reactions. Vocal displeasure at the tense moments, multiple moments of applause throughout the film. Applause at the end, too. From what I heard and experienced, the crowd of other college students had fallen head over heels for this. Even the workers who were able to comment on the previous 6:00 showing were saying that the film was good. This film will very likely stand the test of time in its own special way.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

Ralph Breaks the Internet

12:20 PM

50% full

Trailers:

Dumbo. I got there so late because all of middle america decided to come out and get 4 kids packs for Kaylee and Kayden at the concession stand. And even then I got into the theater about halfway through.

The crowd was pretty engaged, not a lot of laughter from the kids except at a few jokes.