Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

March 9th, 5:55 pm, 5-10% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Previews

Toy Story 4 ("That's the fourth one!" - random kid)

Missing Link (laughs and imitations of some of the memorable lines in the trailer)

Wonder Park

Shazam

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

The kids in the audiencr loved this movie. I thought it was pretty good, myself.

Captain Marvel

March 10th, 7:35 pm, 90-100% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Previews (a few were missed)

Rocketman

Late Night (!!)

Shazam

Dumbo ("I'll never see that." - Teenage Heckler)

Frozen 2 (murmurs)

Highly reactionary audience. Applause at the end.

Fighting With My Family

Me and MAYBE one other person? I'm not 100% sure? They would laugh occasionally and I did look back and see one dude but when I got up to leave just as the credits started rolling, he was gone.

Welcome back to the Hole in The Mall Theater! Last time we visited, it was a slightly-fuller house with Spider-man; Here, it was pretty quiet and subdued. And dark. I ran into a wall and scuffed my glasses.

Trailers:

Captain Marvel - Ironic, as I could hear it playing next door.

MIB International

The first Endgame trailer

Pet Semetary 

I laughed. The ghost laughed. Typical biopic.

• Like 3

No one went to the movies since last week? Ok.

Us

11:30 AM

Maybe 30 people?

Right so I walked in and the ticket-taker was like "Remember your seat number!"

"When did you get reserved seating? It wasn't here last time."

"Whenever Captain Marvel came out, it's only on one side of the theater for now."

So I go in an NOW THERE ARE LEATHER CHAIRS.

and the seats weren't bad to begin with, but they're awesome now. And I click a light on the side and IT'S A RECLINER.

I have been starved for a decent moviegoing experience for 7 years! Wow! Still want to move!

Also a mother and son sat near me and I was wondering how old this kid was....and then about 3 minutes after the movie started, they left. They probably thought this was Captain Marvel bc the poster was out on the door but the marquee said US.

anyway.

Trailers

Dark Phoenix

Ma

Little

Booksmart

The movie with Taraji being an historical figure in racist times and Sam Rockwell being a racist. If it weren't for context clues, would you really know this was The Best of Enemies and not Three Hidden Figures Outside Ebbing, Missouri?

Pet Semetary - It was a different one than last week, actually looks scary.

The crowd reacted at points;

Spoiler

A lot of laughter anytime the doppelganger men would yell or grunt.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 4

US

9:30 PM. 3/25. 60% Full. Solid turnout for a late showing on a Monday night.

Trailers:

Ma

Little

Pet Symetary 

The Curse of La Larona 

Avengers: Endgame 

John Wick Chapter 3

Booksmart (Red-Band)

Very responsive audience for this showing. There was a lot of chattering during the trailers and the first few minutes of the movie, but they got quiet pretty quickly. Lots of laughs and even a couple of screams at one or two moments. The overall reaction seemed to be mixed though. Some people seemed to like it and other people leaving said it was stupid.

• Like 2

The Beach Bum

3/28 7:00 PM. I was the only person in the whole theater. Have no idea why the studio is giving this a wide release. 

Trailers:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Rocketman

Good Boys (Red-Band)

Shaft

Lucy in the Sky

The Lodge 

I laughed a couple of times. Overall, wasn't a big fan. On a side note, there were a bunch of people seeing Five Feet Apart tonight.

• Like 1

Shazam

4/9 8:30 PM. 60% Full

Trailers:

Detective Pikachu

Breakthrough

The Sun is Also a Star

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Dark Phoenix 

The Secret Life of Pets 2 

Men In Black: International

Avengers Endgame

Very positive audience reaction. Lots of laughs at all the comedic moments. Some sniffs at one of the more emotional moments. A lot of people applauded when it was over. The post-credits scene got huge laughs. 

Hellboy

4/12 1:30 PM. 15-20 People? 

Trailers:

Anna

John Wick 3

Stuber 

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Good Boys

Rocketman 

Booksmart

Not much of a reaction besides a few laughs. 2 people walked out about halfway through and didn't come back. Didn't hear any comments coming out, but everyone seemed pretty bored by it as was I.

• Like 1

Detective Pikachu

4 PM

60% full.

I got there about an hour before and just wandered around. They did indeed get rid of the DBOX seats :( I enjoyed them, but considering I went 3 times in 2 years and only paid full price once, I clearly wasn't keeping them afloat.

They also still have the old Artemis Fowl poster up.... :(

Trailers

We get started off right away with Sonic The Hedgehog! YES! Though they didn't play Robotnik's diatribe, just skipped to "NOBODY CARES!".

Actually they skipped a LOT of his dialogue. Though the old man next to me thought it was hilarious.

The Angry Birds 2

My Spy actually looked funny and adorable.

The Sun is Also A Star

Aladdin

Godzilla 2 - It looked awesome (I haven't kept up w/ trailers for it), but fool me twice, shame on me, Monsterverse.

Not a lot of laughter or reactions.  Luckily, the seats to my left weren't reserved so after about 1/3rd, I moved bc I didn't pay to hear an old man hack up a lung or check his phone every 15 minutes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Morieris said:

We get started off right away with Sonic The Hedgehog! YES! Though they didn't play Robotnik's diatribe, just skipped to "NOBODY CARES!".

Actually they skipped a LOT of his dialogue. Though the old man next to me thought it was hilarious.

My theaters sound fucked up, so I don't know what he said. Someone in the audience said it was funnier without sound.

Detective Pikachu

6:30pm

30-40 people (Half adults with young kids, half millennials/older teens)

Angry Birds

Godzilla

A Dog's Journey

My Spy

Aladdin

The adult humor got some good laughs.  The younger kids could be heard saying pokemon names as they showed up.

• Like 2

Aladdin

11:35 AM

about 98% full. This was my first time buying tickets with reserved seating at the box office, so when the stuff popped up on the screen, I went "Oh wow it's actually crowded. Hope people are quiet."

Trailers: This has to be a record for the most trailers I have never seen before.

Something I don't remember at all. The Addams Family

The Art of Racing in The Rain

Blinded By The Light

My Spy (My mother leaned over to me and said "I like him". I don't know if she meant Dave Bautista or Ken Jeong)

Toy Story 4

Maleficent 2

I think something else.

I'm really surprised we didn't get The Lion King or Rise of Skywalker.

A baby wailed when Genie started "Friend Like Me", but that was about it.

When Jasmine said "What do you hope to buy with that?" and Aladdin said "Uh...you? I mean -" The ENTIRE AUDIENCE went "OOH! 😬" and I fucking died laughing.

A lot of positive chatter when we were walking out. I myself actually really enjoyed it.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

Rocketman

1:00 PM

25-35% full

Trailers

The Lion King

Downton Abbey

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Yesterday

The Goldfinch

Terminator: Dark Fate

Gemini Man

The crowd radiated positive energy. I could tell that the audience liked it.

Midsommar

11:45 AM

Though I'd be by myself, but a couple came in and sat behind me. I thought "hoo boy, this is not the movie for heterosexual couples..."

Then two more people sat in the front.

Trailers:

IT Chapter 2

Ready Or Not (Which I have not heard of??? I thought that was Margot Robbie but it's Samara Weaving?? It looked okay)

Good Boys

Crawl (I went "Not again" at "Florida is facing a Category 5 hurricane")

21 Bridges (I saw the trailer and thought "Wait what's this" at the young boy in the beginning then when Chadwick showed up I was like "Ah, almost Black Panther 2 with this dead father thing."

Crawl (Again. Seriously.)

A few chuckles.

Spoiler

When Christian ran out of the....idk, sexbarn nude, the dude behind me laughed.

Saw The Lion King in IMAX at The Mall of Georgia. Don't remember much about the crowd reactions except for a kid behind me being excited at being at a big IMAX screen.

Anyways, the trailers.

Closed my eyes at the CATS trailer.

Blinded By The Light- Never heard of this movie before, and only caught its title from googling "That Springsteen Movie" later.  Most original movie I saw in the trailers, but that's not saying much.

Abominable- Ripping off everything. Like literally everything.

Arctic Dogs - lol

Playing With Fire - Found this by googling "that firefighter movie babysitter". Looks like a direct ripoff of The Pacifier, which I watched when I was around 11. Some people found this funny.

Those are all the trailers I remember.

• Like 1

Ad Astra

After reading on how Cinemark and Regal want to waste more of our time by having lame commercials bleed into the posted runtime, I kept an eye on how long the trailers last here at our little unaffiliated theater.

7 minutes. That's it.

Rambo: Last Blood

Maleficent 2

The Addams Family

Rise of Skywalker

No one cared, people coughed and chairs squeaked.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Ad Astra

After reading on how Cinemark and Regal want to waste more of our time by having lame commercials bleed into the posted runtime, I kept an eye on how long the trailers last here at our little unaffiliated theater.

7 minutes. That's it.

Rambo: Last Blood

Maleficent 2

The Addams Family

Rise of Skywalker

No one cared, people coughed and chairs squeaked.

The trailer for Rambo played in front of Ad Astra? What the hell?

btw, let's bring this thread back

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

The trailer for Rambo played in front of Ad Astra? What the hell?

btw, let's bring this thread back

That's what I said :hahaha: "Uh, lone person who runs this theater, did you set it like this? We can just walk to the next screen and see it..."