Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol6pm Boxing DayWestgate Event Cinema, Auckland30 people in 150 seat cinemaTrailers:This Means War - some laughsGirl with the Dragon Tattoo - no reactionBattleship - some chatterI liked the movie, but I didn't love it as much as I thought I would - I think it was a little too long, they could have cut 10-20 minutes easily. Overall, I would definitely recommend it - it's certainly better than the vast majority of action movies. Cruise was good, as was Renner. Some of Pegg's humour seemed a little out of place, Patton was okay with what she was given. I agree that Nyqvist was pretty much a non-entity his motivations made no sense but only served to fuel the plot. But some of the action scenes were very good - I just felt they went on a bit too long. My Dad, who I went with, didn't like the movie - but then he's ridiculously picky - the last movie he saw that he enjoyed was Star Trek (2009).B/B+

^ OH COME ON.

That's the second time you've disagreed with someone for loving The Artist - people are allowed to have different opinions than you. It hasn't come out here yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it - the trailer is brilliant. Edited by Ariadne

Tintin 3D

7pm December 26th

Regal Arnot Mall 10

8 people

Trailers:

Titanic 3D - no reaction

Star Wars 3D: my friend was excited for it

Madagascar - there was some laughter but it looks ok

I forgot the other trailers

I really liked this movie. I loved the transitions between some of the scenes, the movie was great to look at as well. In the beginning I was a little confused because I thought this movie would be a little more serious but I still enjoyed it as the comedy it was. The action adventure scenes were fun. Now the acting in this was great by all but I got to give props to Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. I didn't even recognized their voices and I knew what characters they were. The 3D was good not great.

A-

• Like 1

Well almost all the films were sold out here.Except:The SitterDarkest Hour :lol:New Years EveArthurs Christmas (Well yesterday it would of been)Not sure about Dragon Tattoo, it was playing, but I didn't notice a sold out on any of the showings.

They are going through a worse time then Fox right now, I would say Sony is as well but they have so many films which is why there able to keep up the pace. Even if they are setting some sort of record for the longest time for a major studio not to have a number one film.Disney had a TERRIBLE time in the 70s/80s. (Then again most family films stunk in the 70s)

They are going through a worse time then Fox right now, I would say Sony is as well but they have so many films which is why there able to keep up the pace. Even if they are setting some sort of record for the longest time for a major studio not to have a number one film.Disney had a TERRIBLE time in the 70s/80s. (Then again most family films stunk in the 70s)

Was Battle: Los Angeles their last number 1 opener? Edited by Jay Beezy

MI4 - 10amThere was maybe a dozen or so people in the theater. Trailers:The AvengersGhost Rider 2Safe HouseWrath of the TitansI think that was all. Not much reaction from any of them. My wife did say she wants to see the Ghost Rider sequel. She likes Nicolas Cage :)The movie:I really liked it. I thought it was better than the last two entries about on par with the first. I liked that the team was new and hadn't actually worked together in the field before. It meant that they weren't totally in sync with each other and that there was the possibility of things not going so smoothly all the time. I hope they keep this particular team together for at least another movie. Everyone did a good job in their roles. I liked Simon Pegg. He did a good job bringing some humor into certain situations. Renner was good as well, but his character didn't get interesting until a little later after he tells them why he bacame an analyst. Paula Patten is simply beautiful and she kicks ass!! :). And, of coarse, Cruise does another solid job as Hunt; as he's done in all the previous entries in this series. The action sequences were all very well done. I especially liked the whole section of the movie in Dubai. When he goes outside the hotel I almost couldn't look, LOL. I have a thing about hights. Still, it was a pretty cool scene. The chase through the sand storm was good as well. A-

• Like 1