Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

My Week With Marylin

12/30/11 2:50 pm

Trailers:

The Iron Lady teaser- Some chatter. I wanted the full trailer

The Artist- Lots of talk. This trailer gets better with each viewing for me

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close- This trailer is so profound. Again, lots of chatter. This really had an effect on me this time.

Wanderlust- Decent amount of chatter. It looks okay to me.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel- Laughs throughout. I think it looks pretty funny.

Movie:

You can't talk about this without mentioning the phenomenal performance by Williams. It's definitely the best female performance I've seen this year. I hope she wins the Oscar (that is if she can hold off Streep). Eddie is also good in this, I thought he was a good choice for Colin. Branaugh was good for his role, fitting Olivier well. I actually thought the movie was really good, as I was expecting it to mostly be a single performance driven movie, but I thought the script was well done to support Williams. It was a nice surprise for me.

B+/A-

DRAGON TATTOO12/30/2011 17:0050/120Trailers:The Dark Knight Rises: a guy clapped, plenty of chatterThe Iron Lady: FUCK OFF!!!!! Some chatterWar Horse: a bit of chatterMovie:It's good, more faithful to the book than the Swedish version, but also not as good IMO. It lost something in translation. And WTF did that opening credit sequence have to do with anything, overly chaotic and out of place.People seemed too quiet on the way out to gauge a reaction.

And WTF did that opening credit sequence have to do with anything, overly chaotic and out of place.

It has as much to do with the film as an opening sequence in James Bond does. It contains a few hints of images to come and sets up the atmosphere. Edited by DBCOOPER

Film: Mission Impossible 4

Time: 14:05

Crowd: 30%

Cinema: Showcase, Leeds

Trailers:

Wrath of the Titans - The last film had a great trailer but was a terrible film, this one doesn't even have a decent trailer, looks really poor.

Men in Black 3 - Not funny, story looks like it was put together at the last minute.

Black Gold - Meh.

The Film:

The first film i've seen at the cinema in over three months and in all honesty i was a bit dissapointed. The film was another case of rave critical reviews getting my hopes up only for me to be left feeling underwhelmed. The script and story are fairly standard,featuring the typical 'save the world' plot. I've always liked Cruise and like always he proves to be a charismatic lead and judging by the shape he's in and the fact that he completed some of the stunts himself shows that he can be a leading action star for a few years to come yet.

Speaking of the stunts, they are genuinely impressive, especially the scene at the Burj hotel in Dubai although some of the CGI in the bigger explosion scenes does look a bit suspect.

All in all, the film was good but the familiar storyline makes it slightly unworthy of all the raves it has been receiving.

Coming out of the film the audience reaction appeared good, with most people saying they thought it was a good film.

7/10

• Like 1

My first of 2012 wasDragon Tattoo (started as I finished)17:30 1/2/2012100/200Trailers:Men in Black 3 - yay, silenceIron lady - argh! ChatDarkest hour - noutThe grey - some talkMovie:My friend adored it and hailed it as the best film of 2011. I personally warmed to it a bit more the second time around, noticed more little intricate bits throughout the film, especially regarding the ending earlier in the film.Pretty much the whole audience had good words to say, barring these two idiotic chavvy girls sat behind me and my friend.

I have no idea what my first film of 2012 will be. There's so many 2011 limited releases I still want to see but they're not playing yet- Shame, Tinker Tailor, Land of Blood & Honey, Iron Lady...I feel like I should see War Horse... but I might not. Might wait until DVD. I don't know. I feel like I should see it because I know it will be nommed for Best Picture. Same with The Artist.I could go see Young Adult, that's playing near me and I do want to see it..

I want to see The Iron Lady :PLast year my first movie was Black Swan on around January... this weekish. Then the week after I saw The King's Speech and three days after that I saw True Grit. Then I didn't see anything until Sucker Punch.