Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

I, Tonya

Janurary 13, 4:00 PM, 40% full

AMC Starplex Loudoun 11, VA

Trailers:

Lean on Pete

Acrimony (the lady next to me was freaked out)

A Quiet Place (the lady next to me was covering her eyes throughout the trailer, also this got a really good reaction from the audience.

Fifty Shades Freed (the lady next to me laughed)

Red Sparrow (the lady next to me fucking laughed again!)

The 15:17 to Paris

Hostiles

The audience dug the hell out of it. Laughs throughout and you can tell the audience was invested.

Paddington 2

2pm, Jan 15th, 90% full

AMC 34th St

Trailers:

Incredibles 2 - some laughs, audience mostly too young to remember first movie though

Isle of Dogs - definitely went over the heads of most people lol

Smallfoot - few laughs, kids were mostly rowdy during the trailers though

The movie itself got a great response. Kids were pretty well-behaved all around actually and laughs came mostly from adults.

Lady Bird

4:55 PM, January 17th, 20% Full (in a 70 seat theater)

AMC Wilmington 16

Trailers:

The Party (laughs and murmurs)

Tully (reactions at Juno, laughs, "that looks weird")

A Wrinkle in Time (For some reason, the screen's colors were saturated for this trailer alone. It made the dominant colors pink and green.)

Isle of Dogs (laughs and murmurs)

The 15:17 to Paris ("Clint Eastwood", "I wanna see this movie")

A Prayer Before Dawn (dead silent; this is not the preview to present to the crowd that goes to see Lady Bird)

Lean on Pete (murmurs)

Laughs and sniffles throughout. The film elicited many different reactions. Excited chatter at the end.

Edited by slambros

The Shape of Water

January 19th, 3:45PM, 20% full

Trailers:

Molly's Game

Downsizing

I, Tonya

Fifty Shades Freed

Quiet laughs at a couple of points. Otherwise pretty much silent. Elderly couple sitting near me looked very confused at the end.
  • Like 1

Jumanji: Welcome to da Jungle

January 19, 8:35 PM, 65% full

Trailers:

The Miracle Season (No reactions)

Ready Player One (The dude next to me was talking to his girl about the trailer, as it was happening. That was weird)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (The kid in front of me shouted "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when the trailer ended)

Early Man (No reactions)

Hotel Transylvania 3 (A quiet chuckle from somebody near me)

Peter Rabbit (Quiet chuckles at the ending part)

Crowd laughed throughout many of the big jokes. The dude who talked during RPO's trailer talked to his girl a lot of times in the movie at the beginning, but I told him to be quiet near the end, so it wasn't a huge detriment. A couple of kids were loud and rowdy, so that wasn't very fun. Movie's okay.

• Like 1

The Post

January 20th, 4:00PM, 35% full

Trailers:

Downsizing (I'm straight up getting stalked at this point. Make it STOP.)

Finding Your Feet

Lady Bird

Molly's Game

Laughs at a certain character a couple of times. Mostly quiet otherwise. People seemed to like it, saw some people saying shit about how important the press is and stuff when they were walking out.
  • Like 1

Molly's Game

January 20, 6:50, 50% full in the smallest auditorium

Trailers (No reactions)

Sicario 2

Annihilation

Fifty Shades Freed

Gringo

My top row laughed a lot, but there wasn't any uproarious laughter from people. The old guy next to my Mom was crinkling some sort of cellophane thing that Mom kept complaining about, but I didn't really care. I watched the movie immediately after my work shift, so I was pretty exhausted and dozed off at some of the slow moments near the beginning, but once Act 2 started, I began to become more awake and didn't fall asleep at all. Solid, enjoyable flick.

Darkest Hour

January 21st, 7:10 pm, 10% Full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Previews (I may have missed one; we were a little late getting into the theater)

Red Sparrow

Chappaquiddick

Alpha (someone laughed at the title card; not sure why, but the laugh seemed antagonistic)

7 Days in Entebbe

Laughs at appropriate moments. One viewer got up and left the theater in the middle of the film, saying the film was "trying to rewrite history"; and while the *narrative film* may have had its embellishments, I strongly disagree with him.

I, Tonya

January 24, 1:00 PM, 20% full in a 160 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers

Fifty Shades Freed: Murmurs

The 15:17 to Paris: No reactions
Red Sparrow: No reactions

Game Night: Laughs

Hostiles: Murmurs

There were plenty of laughs throughout, but the audience wasn't unanimously on board for any jokes. There were a couple of gasps throughout and a bit of chatter in the last 20 minutes or so.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I, Tonya

January 24, 1:00 PM, 20% full in a 160 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers

Fifty Shades Freed: Murmurs

The 15:17 to Paris: No reactions
Red Sparrow: No reactions

Game Night: Laughs

Hostiles: Murmurs

There were plenty of laughs throughout, but the audience wasn't unanimously on board for any jokes. There were a couple of gasps throughout and a bit of chatter in the last 20 minutes or so.

Did they tell any of them to shut up? :redcapes:

On 1/17/2018 at 7:53 PM, slambros said:

A Prayer Before Dawn (dead silent; this is not the preview to present to the crowd that goes to see Lady Bird)

I got that trailer before Lady Bird as well. I'm assuming it's a fellow A24 release, and therefore one of those distributor-mandated selections, because nobody would organically connect those two.

Edited by FilmCavalcade
  • Like 1