Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Black Panther

80% Full

7PM IMAX

Trailers:

Ant-Man & The Wasp (wasn't paying attention over my glee)

Solo (DEAD SILENCE)

Venom (one or two mumbles)

The audience laughed at lot (esp. at Shuri), but not big outcries at MOMENTS or clapping.  Kind of disappointing.  

Black Panther

February 16, 5:20 PM, 100% full

Northern Indiana

Trailers: 10 min late so missed most of them

Red Sparrow

Solo: A Star Wars Story (laughs, murmurs)

Ant-Man and the Wasp (laughs, murmurs)

Laughs at appropriate moments (Shuri!). Gasps at some parts [mod edit]. I heard some sniffles, though they could’ve been just me. Applause at the end. Most stayed for the mid-credit scene. Around half remained for the post-credit scene.

Black Panther

80% Full

I got to the theater and it was startlingly empty, which made me feel a little silly for buying my tickets the week before at the box office, but soon, it began to crowd up and I was happy to have gotten there very early.

Special people of note

• My parents
  • The dude and his girlfriend in front of us
  • the kid behind us who kept kicking my damn seat, this always happens when I go to a MCU movie with my parents, even though the last time was legit with Avengers, some idiot family is not aware of proper moviegoing protocol to keep their kids in line.
  • a guy in front of us and to my left.
    • He got up at one point during the film and almost walked into the wrong aisle until the couple waved him over.
  • A dude talking to his white friends in the lobby - "Are you here to see Greatest Showman?" "Uh....no....are you?" "Fuck no, I'm here to see the Panther!"

Trailers

The Hurricane Heist - well, it was actually a legitimate TV spot. Like the widescreen, title at the top in the black bars tv spot like a commercial before the trailers. i've never seen that before. That was kind of surreal, honestly, but hey, they probably couldn't afford to put their trailer genuinely in front of a Marvel picture. I might have been the only one who even paid attention to it until I pointed it out to my mother, who said "Maybe I'll see it with you." #JusticeForThisMovie

Venom

Solo

= No response to either of them.

I forgot Mission Impossible: Fallout - maybe some murmurs. I was more impressed that Superman was beating up Tom Cruise.

I also forgot Uncle Drew, which got some laughs.

Shit I forgot Tomb Raider too, can you tell these left zero impression on me?

Guess who forgot Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom...

Ant Man and the Wasp - the dude in front began to explain who the people were to his girlfriend. He would proceed to do this a fucking lot during the film, and about three times I whispered at him to shut up.  It might have been distracting (and I'm pretty sure my parents have vowed NEVER to see a movie with me again) but whatever, show her a powerpoint before rolling up here my guy and keep your mouth shut.

Thank god we didn't get the Infinity War trailer or he might have never shut up.

The only time he stopped is when he was crying after a point in the film.

People were really into it, stunned responses at some of the fights, Okoye, Killmonger, and Shuri were big hits. My parents seemed to really enjoy it. 

Spoiler

Half of the crowd stayed for the first after credit scene, and then that was halved again. I don't think most people knew there were two.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Phantom Thread

February 17, 1:00PM; 50% full auditorium

Trailers:

Sicario 2: Cartel Boogaloo

A Quiet Place

Oceans 8

Isle of Dogs

Tully

7 Days in Entebbe

Thoughts on the movie: I saw this with some of my family. I loved it, but my dad and my grandma both hated it. I tried to explain why I thought it was so good, but I kinda had to let this one go, since a thematic analysis of Phantom Thread goes through the BDSM route a few too many times to comfortably discuss with your relatives over dinner. So I mostly stuck to the sound design and the acting.

Edited by FilmCavalcade

Black Panther

February 19th, 9:00PM, 80% full

Trailers:

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Pacific Rim: Uprising

Rampage

Avengers: Infinity War 

Audience was even more into it. Good time had by all. Except my mum who thought it wasn't funny enough. Can't please everyone.

Black Panther

90% Full, in the stadium directly across from the one that played at 1:30, this was at 1 45.

Presumably the same trailers played, I was in the concession line for like ten minutes and missed the first three minutes of the show.

Much nicer experience. The Korean lady beside me kept gasping whenever T'Challa or Nakia got hurt.

Black Panther

February 18, 3:45 PM, 100% full

AMC Starplex Loudoun 11, VA

Trailers

Death Wish

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Venom

Red Sparrow

Rampage

A Wrinkle in Time

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Audience was into it, and they really enjoyed it, but there was a fair load of cringing at a line of diologue that you probably know if you’ve seen the film. Applause at the end.

Edited by afalconer7

Black Panther

February 15, 10:00 PM, 100% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

Death Wish - laughs

Mission: Impossible - Fallout - some "Oh shits" at the Cavill fight

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Venom

Deadpool 2 - laughs

Rampage - some laughs

A Wrinkle in Time

Ant-Man and the Wasp

A lot of big laughs at appropriate spots. Audience was silent at good parts too. At the after credits scene,

someone loudly asked who Bucky was and I was like "Holy shit, I didn't know Jesus was gonna be in the Avengers" which got a few laughs.

Huge applause at "T'Challa will return in Avengers: Infinity War".

Early Man

February 18, 1:10 PM, 5% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers (arrived late)

Sherlock Gnomes

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Isle of Dogs

Smallfoot

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie

I Can Only Imagine

A couple of laughs here and there. Mostly dull crowd.

• Haha 1

Black Panther

Monday, 2/19 10:00am AMC Lincoln Square

100% FULL

Trailers:

A Wrinkle in Time - meh response

Antman and the Wasp - mostly quiet until the Hello Kitty scene which got a huge laugh

Solo - very meh but my audience was a lot younger/family based on a typical fanboy movie

Game Night - BIG LAUGHS throughout

Deadpool 2- decent response but no big laughs either, meta CBM humor probably not a thing for this audience (more families)

Jurassic World 2 - again not much response

No Infinity War Trailer oddly.. maybe didn't wanna give spoilers? lol

Crowd ate up the movie. Clapping at the end. Almost everyone stayed for the post credit scenes.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, aabattery said:

Black Panther

February 20th, 8:20PM, 75% full

Trailers:

Insidious: The Last Key

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (my friend thought this trailer was terrible, fyi)

Avengers: Infinity War 

Pretty quiet audience.abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Game Night

February 22th, 1:30PM, 5% full

Trailers:

The Breaker Upperers

Blockers

Red Sparrow

Life of the Party

Only a few people in there but pretty lively audience. Plenty of laughs.

Your first audience? How about not watch movies with them again. K thanks bye.

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Your first audience? How about not watch movies with them again. K thanks bye.

That was my third Black Panther audience. The others were livelier.

The second post was for Game Night which you caught before I edited the title :ph34r:

• Like 1