Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

On 2/28/2018 at 10:38 PM, Blipsy said:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it then. When the Cinemark "Turn off your cell phones" screen came up, it froze for 5 minutes until I got somebody to go look at it. Then the lights came up, and an employee said something was wrong with the movie file, and we all got refunds instead. This was actually the first time that happened to me in my life. 

They were really determined for three people to turn off their phones :ph34r:

Nah, that happened to me in 2016. It's kind of surreal seeing Windows XP on a movie theater screen when the file is corrupted and not playing. 

Game Night

March 3, 5:00 PM, 65% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

Tully

I Feel Pretty - some laughs

Book Club - some laughs

Venom

Ocean's 8

Life of the Party  - laughs

Blockers - laughs

Super Troopers 2

Solid laughs throughout. A couple really big laughs. Jesse Plemons was clearly the audience favorite, but yeah, everyone seemed to really like it.

Peter Rabbit

March 4, 6:45 PM, 60% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers

Sgt. Stubby

Show Dogs

Sherlock Gnomes - laughs

Isle of Dogs

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies - laughs

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Laughs throughout at moments that made sense. At one point, a kid loudly asked if Hux was dead, which made me laugh more.

• Haha 1

Game Night

March 7, 11:40 AM, 10% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Unsane: No reactions

Overboard: Chuckles

Book Club: No reactions

Venom: "That looks weird" -old guy in front of me to his wife

Love, Simon: No reactions

Ocean's 8: No reactions

Life of the Party: Laughs

Blockers (Red band): Laughs

There were plenty of laughs throughout. One couple in front of me in particular was pretty loud at points and a bit horny in the first act (not seniors, btw!).

Game Night

March 8th, 7:15 PM, 15-20% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Trailers

Venom

I Feel Pretty (Laughs)

Book Club

Blockers (negative comments at the final scene)

Love, Simon

Ocean's Eight (Murmurs)

Life of the Party (Laughs)

Laughs and engagement throughout. The audience seemes to have a good time.

A Wrinkle In Time IMAX 2D

AMC Loews 34th

9:45PM 20%

Teasrers:

A Miracle Season (no response)

Sherlock Gnomes (oh god no from the crowd)

Solo (scattered murmurs)

Love, Simon (scattered murmurs)

Hotel Transylvania (woman in front said that loved funny)

Crowd laughed at all of the jokes. Very engaged. Good showing. 

A Wrinkle in Time

1 PM

About 25 people. 

Teasers:

Christopher Robin

Mary Poppins Returns

Love, Simon

Hotel Transylvania 3

No reactions to a lot. An occasional titter. 

When I got out, I had an hour until my second movie of the day, so here is what I heard in the lobby.

• One of the employees took the phone and said "Um, it's Disney." to her manager, who went "Disney?"
  • The manager might have gotten someone at Disney in trouble bc they didn't get a new giant standee poster to replace the WIT one. I guess it might have been an IW one.
  • Several old people came in to see Three Billboards
    • One man called it Three Fences
  • Several of those old people came out to the counter to say that the trailers were too loud, then that the movie was too loud.

The Hurricane Heist

4:10 PM

Me and four other people.

Trailers:

I Feel Pretty

Skyscraper

Rampage

Fallout

Chappaquiddick

A much more engaged crowd, one woman kept reacting to every near death defying thing that happened.

• Like 1

A Wrinkle in Time

March 13, 1:10PM, 30% full

TRAILERS:

Hotel Transylvania 3

God's Not Dead 3 (having read that @Morieris got a Love, Simon trailer in front of their screening, I desperately wanted that trailer to appear immediately after this mess of Evangelical handwringing.)

Sherlock Gnomes

A Miracle Season

Christopher Robin

Mary Poppins Returns

THOUGHTS ON THE FILM:

Movie is mediocre, but pretty. Crowd was quiet.

Edited by FilmCavalcade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, FilmCavalcade said:

God's Not Dead 3 (having read that @Morieris got a Love, Simon trailer in front of their screening, I desperately wanted that trailer to appear immediately after this mess Evangelical handwringing.)

I would be living for that with how fucking old my area is :hahaha: 

So I'm seeing Love, Simon with my Mom. We get out our MoviePasses, we go to the front desk, we get our tickets, but as we wait in line, we're behind three teenage girls, going on and on about whatever dumb topics dumb teenage girls do. They continued to be behind us as we were walking into the theater, as Mom and I were in horror that we would be behind a bunch of endlessly chatty 14 year olds. We attempted to find a seat, and we ended up finding some decent ones.

Lo and behold, more and more teenagers, mainly girls, flooded into the theater, like a tsunami, trying to find a seat in our mid-sized auditorium. The previews start, and as more teenage girls went into the auditorium, Mom and I attempted to watch them, knowing deep down we made a terrible mistake. A Quiet Place, I Feel Pretty, Into the Spider-Verse, Overboard, Mamma Mia 2, Life of the Party, Deadpool 2, and Isle of Dogs all played, and throughout the previews, the teens all talked to themsleves, sometimes talking about the previews ("OMG that movie looks so scary!" "Cher? YAS Queen!" "That dog movie looks so good, but so weird!")

Then, as the previews ended, Greg Berlanti and Nick Robinson appeared doing their whole "thanks for supporting our movie and shiz. Here ya go!" And as they ended, the teens hooted and hollared and clapped, to the chagrin of me and my mother. The film proper began, and throughout, teens whispered themselves, giggled at one another's jokes, and acted much like a nuisance. The worst is when any of the "big moments" happened. Every time some bad "big moment" happened, the teens cried out "OMG NO" "What a bitch!" "Holy shit". Any time some good "big moment" happened, the teens screamed very loudly, and said shit like "YAS Queen" "OMG YES" "AWWWWW".

Sounds absolutely cancerous and ruined the experience? You would be correct. It's a shame, as I quite enjoyed the film, but I feel like I could have liked it more, but instead, these little annoying teenyboppers completely ruined what should have been a fun mother-son experience.

In short, teenage girls are the worst groups of people alive (except the teenage girls of BOT...if we have any)

But yeah, go see Love, Simon. It's good.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

That sounds super annoying, and I absolutely know I would be bc the same thing happened to me in Lego Ninjago before I ducked out,  but I can't help but be so charmed at a bunch of girls rooting for a boy to find the (male) love of his life.

It seems like, as far as we have to go as a society, we've come a good long way.

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

That sounds super annoying, and I absolutely know I would be bc the same thing happened to me in Lego Ninjago before I ducked out,  but I can't help but be so charmed at a bunch of girls rooting for a boy to find the (male) love of his life.

It seems like, as far as we have to go as a society, we've come a good long way.

Yeah, but...just do that at home. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@CoolEric258 Would rather them then seniors tbh

Oh fuck off. You really think listening to a bunch of 14 year old pipsqueaks squeal and scream over the Jurassic World kid non-stop, and act like they own the place? Ain't no fucking way a bunch of old-ass farts are worse than that. Get yo uglass out of here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Oh fuck off. You really think listening to a bunch of 14 year old pipsqueaks squeal and scream over the Jurassic World kid non-stop, and act like they own the place? Ain't no fucking way a bunch of old-ass farts are worse than that. Get yo uglass out of here.

Oh, 14 year olds? Hell naw

• Thanks 1

I Can Only Imagine

March 16, 7:40 PM, 30-40% full (maybe a little more full than that)

Pointe Theater 14, Wilmington, NC

Me and my father were attempting to attend the 6:50 showing, but that showing was sold out. The 7:40 timeslot wasn't on Fandango when I looked so it must have been a last minute addition.

There was a variety of audience members. Older folks, middle aged adults, teenagers, even a group of younger children.

Previews

Paul, Apostle of Christ - murmurs

Midnight Sun

Overboard - laughs

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero - "awww", murmurs

Unbroken: Path to Redemption - murmurs

There were plenty of laughs and reactions at the film. Someone was definitely crying at the end.

Usually, I am talkative about the film once it ends, and I pester my dad about how I felt about it, whether I'm excited ot underwhelmed. This time, it was different. This film had a palpable effect on me, and I was struck to the point where I was mostly silent. It was one of those moments that inspires me to keep striving for God to use me and the passion for film that He gave me.

Driving away from the film, my dad asked me if I knew of any of the technical aspects that made the film as good as it was, and I started to list stuff like sound mixing and lighting and camerawork, ans I got really choked up. I was realizing that the filmmakers were truly giving glory to God by implementing their knowledge of filmmaking in this film; I was on the verge of tears because the film had what God's Not Dead didn't have, what War Room didn't have: filmmaking passion.

Having just sent a long prayer up to God about leading me to the place He wants me to be in the film industry less than 24 hours prior, I now feel validated. I feel affirmed. I feel like, after studying and making movies, I can be led by God to do exactly what He wants me to do, whether that's with the mainstream or with the Christian film companies.

Part of this was the way I related to the film's character, who tries to find his way in a similar industry; I now have more faith and more certainty that God's been there my whole life, shaping me to make the films He wants me to make. And if you are hoping to be in the industries such as film and television and music, and you want to be inspired the same way I was, then I urge you to consider seeing this film in theaters. You might feel how I felt; you might be inspired by the idea that God has been shaping you to do something great in the industry.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this reaction to this film; my thought process was that, as a part of the crowd that does see a film like this, I would be reporting about, well, a very specific member of that crowd, that crowd member being me.

I feel really happy now. That's how the film made me feel, and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that's how it made the other moviegoers feel. God bless everyone involved with this film.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

Tomb Raider

March 17, 6:15 PM, 70% full

AMC Starplex Loudoun 11, VA

Trailers

Solo: A Star Wars Story - murmurs

Adrift

A Quiet Place - murmurs

Breaking In

Venom

Deadpool 2 - laughs

Rampage

Ready Player One

Dead silence throughout the whole thing.

Edited by afalconer7

Love, Simon

Saturday 10PM

Sunday 5PM

Overboard (scattered laughs)

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (EXCITEMENT.  I heard a lot of 'Cher' in the post-trailer conversations.  My mother turned to me and said, "I can't wait.  We have to go see that together.")

Ocean's Eight (Laughs, Talking Afterward, Very Into It.)

The 10PM showing had five of us.  Me, a group of three teenager girls, and an older gentleman.  I was definitely the most engaged.

The 5PM was about 25 people.  Everyone at the theater was there for Love, Simon.  The audience was 88% Women.  Two men came in as part of a couple, and one man came in alone.  The women were a mixture of older ladies and teenager girls.  Definitely, some parents got dragged along.

The audience was LIT: a lot of the jokes got BIG laughs (ex. that perfect Obama Joke), there were GASPS at some of the some of the shit Martin pulled, audible joy when [END SPOILER] happens, and audible crying during the last 30 minutes.  

• Like 1