A few..unintentional laughs. 😬 It's Florida though so it's to be expected

were they seniors tho

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Hereditary

June 10, 12:30 PM, 35% full

AMC Destin Commons 14, Destin, FL

Arrived late and missed all trailers.

A few..unintentional laughs. 😬 It's Florida though so it's to be expected

I haven't gone to that theater since 2014.....it still look like shit?

You could have came like an hour .... East to Panama City and watched it with me.

No one watches that kind of movie around here, it would have been empty.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

RBG -1pm Sunday

50% full, mostly VERY old ladies, some younger women and a few families with middle school age kids (so cute)

Trailers:

A Star is Born (murmurs about Lady Gaga)

8th Grade (some laughs)

Leave No Trace (very quiet)

Mr. Rogers documentary (murmurs)

Audience loved it. Some sniffling heard as well. Light applause at the end. Overheard some ladies in the bathroom saying it was one of the best movies they ever saw lol

• Like 2

Haven't done one of these in awhile

Solo(second viewing pops hadn't seen yet and we always make a point to see a SW film in theaters)

Trailers:

Incredibles 2-Lots of laughs

Ant-Man and the Wasp-Some chuckles

MI 6-No real reaction

Fantastic Beasts-No real reaction

Skyscraper-No real reaction

After a second viewing I still like the movie.  It'll probably be somewhere in the middle of SW films for me.  Dad liked it too.

It was also much more crowded this viewing than my OW which about 50% full.  This was close to 80% but it was rainy and a bit cold so that might have played a factor.   And this crowd seemed to like it.  Heard a few claps.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

UPGRADE

SATURDAY 9:35PM AMC promenade

30-40% full

Trailers:

Unfriended(sequel not sure of the name) people seemed scared by it

The First Purge( some dude yelled white people bad black people good! sarcastically bc of the premise of the movie... he was white lol) and another person said it looked scary

MI:6 No response really. im sure everyones seen this trailer bc its played in front of every fucking movie ive been to

The Darkest minds: no reaction

I can't remember the rest of the trailers :x

some people clapped at the end of the movie. People laughed throughout. it seemed like everyone enjoyed the movie

Edited by YLF
  • Like 3

Ocean's 8 XL

June 13, 11:15 AM, 1% full in a 300 seat auditorium (just me and one other guy)

Epic Theatres of Mount Dora

Trailers (no reactions to any)

The Girl in the Spider's Web

Widows

Peppermint

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

A Star Is Born

I laughed a few times, but the other guy was silent.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

Hotel Artemis

June 8, 5:00 PM, 5% full

University Place 8, Carbondale, IL

Trailers (arrived late)

Searching

Crazy Rich Asians

City of Lies

Bad Times at the El Royale

There was barely anyone there and thus reactions weren't that audible.

Ocean's 8

June 9, 4:30 PM, 70% full

Trailers

The Grinch bumper - these all got some laughs, surprisingly consistent

Operation Finale

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

The Grinch bumper

The Spy Who Dumped Me - some laughs

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

The Grinch bumper

The Girl in the Spider's Web

Bad Times at the El Royale

The Grinch bumper

Crazy Rich Asians

A Star is Born

Decent laughs at appropriate spots. Some guy sitting in front of me laughed loudly at everything though, it was kinda obnoxious.

Hereditary

June 10, 1:50 PM, 20% full

Trailers (arrived late)

The First Purge

Searching

The Darkest Minds

The Meg

The Little Stranger

Some jumps here and there, and laughs at appropriate spots until the end when a couple people just kept laughing through the final ten minutes.

• Like 4

Incredibles 2

6 PM

90%  Full

Since tickets cost 11$ after four, I took this showing, hoping I could beat families who wouldn't want to pay/have their kids out that late. 

Wow. 

I misjudged A) How much money people in this town have to spare and B - How many people LOVE The Incredibles. The theater was packed! I've only seen it like this three times before in my day.

A somewhat chattery family sat behind me and I contemplated moving, but didn't - there was quickly becoming nowhere to move TO. Luckily they quieted down, everyone was reasonably well behaved. A lot of people had smartwatches that flashed as they stretched.

Trailers

Hotel Transylvania 3 - People chuckled

Dog Days - ????? I thought it was going to be some kind of artsy-fartsy indie thing, not....that.

Christopher Robin 

Wreck It Ralph 2 - Not a lot of chatter.

Dragons 3 - Knocked 'em dead. I still think it's a bad trailer, but I did tear up at the opening bit.

No Grinch or Ant Man & The Wasp. I feel like I'm forgetting one. I always am. (Edit: Oh yeah there was Lego 2) There was a little short with SLJ / Holly / Craig / Brad Bird talking about how long the wait was that was funny.

There was applause and laughter at the appropriate moments, but none nearly as loud as during a part in Bao. Still a lot, though, we all applauded at the end.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 5

Saw Incredibles 2. Jackson, MI. Birthplace of the Republican Party. Lol. Probably 95% filled of a capacity of 217. 

A lot of kids who wouldn’t shut up during the movie. Pissed me off. Hate going to films filled with kids in the theatres. Parents just letting them do whatever. I’m 32. Was there with my 62 year old father. Call me a Killjoy. Idc. Lol. Ugh Kids.  

Seeing the movie tag tomorrow cause why not! 

Edited by Slicknickshady

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m curious if anyone got Dumbo or SID with I2.

I got let’s see... 5 trailers before hand. Honestly a few were not played that I thought would be played. 

Dragons 3, A-X-L (Some live action robotic dog movie), The Grinch, Teen Titans Go To The Movies, and Wreck It Ralph 2.

Honestly the trailers I saw last week before “Hereditary”, “Hotel Artemis” and “Oceans 8” were way better then these 5 tonight. 3 of which I’ve seen before. First time seeing Dragons 3 (Which has made me want to start this franchise. Have not seen any of it.) trailer and A-X-L trailer though. 

Edited by Slicknickshady
  • Like 2

Bao / The Incredibles 2

9:15PM

50% Full.

Note: There must've been a school field trip, because I saw the Dorm Moms walk in with about 25 teenagers.

Trailers:

Nutcracker: No reactions, everyone was still talking amongst themselves.

Christopher Robin: People stopped talking once they realized it was Pooh.  This movie is gonna break out, folks.  Even the teenage boys behind me were eating it up.  So many "Awws" and "That was adorable."

Wreck-It-Ralph 2: Few laughs, but the Princesses got the biggest reaction.

Bao 

People were INTO this.  It got the biggest reaction of the night.  The teenage boy behind me was freaking out.

Incredibles:

Laughs and excitement throughout.  The kids were fully engaged (no cell phone use, no side conversations).  Lots of conversations on the way out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Nobody got the Spiderman trailer? Awh hell, I knew this would happen.

I’ll post my crowd report tomorrow, but seeing no one got SpiderMan or LEGO, I have my own little conspiracy theory about what’s going on here with Disney and the trailers for Incredibles 2

• Sad 2