Centre 8, Marion, IL

Trailers

A-X-L

Bumblebee - someone laughed at John Cena appearing

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - laughs at end

The Grinch - couple of chuckles

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies - some laughs at some of the dumber jokes

Christopher Robin - murmurs

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 - some laughs at the Cinderella joke, otherwise surprisingly nothing

Bao - there were a lot of laughs in the first half of this and none after a certain point so it was surprisingly a good crowd for this.

The movie had laughs throughout, with a couple moments getting really big reactions

Jack-Jack getting big and Violet spitting out water probably were the biggest laughs

. The crowd definitely seemed to enjoyed it, and it was a good time.

• Like 2

Incredibles 2

90-95% full, 7:15

Dragon 3 - no reaction other than some soccer mom snickers at the Toothless dance

Hotel Tranz 3 - good reaction actually

Christopher Robin - biggest reaction by far. People would not be quiet when it was over. Best post-trailer reaction I've seen a while.

Grinch - nothing really, weakest of the night

Ralph 2 - not much of a reaction. Was expecting riots from the princesses, barely anything - and no I'm not being bias

No spiderman. Whatever. Idc.

Bao - it was okay, that one part really threw the whole theater room for a loop.

The movie was awesome, just pacing issues. Very family heavy but there were couples scattered throughout, no old people. Diverse crowd. Little kid behind me kept talking on and off. Jack Jack brought the house down every time he did anything. Seems like overall everyone enjoyed it.

Also word of advice - if the ticket ripping guy says you can go in, don't take his word for it. He literally let us walk into the climax. I'm glad I quickly turned around as soon as I realized that it wasn't one of those first look promos.

• Like 5

Oceans 8 10:45PM

AMC fall brook 7

35% full

Trailers:

Operation finale(The person next to me laughed at it... not in a good way. This one person takes on a major drug cartel gang just by training for a couple months? OKAYYYYY)

El Royale( People seemed interested in it. there was laughter and gasps... is this a horror movie? I can't tell. Also, the women next to me said to each other "who's that" when chris hemsworth was on screen and was shirtless.)

MI:6 (Can this stop playing in front of every movie? Please?)

Crazy Rich Asians(There was a lot of laughter for this. pple actually seemed semi interested)

A star is born( Murmurs)

*There are a couple trailers I can't remember. They were for movies I never heard of until seeing them here. There was fucking 25 mins worth of trailers.

There was some laughter throughout, although it seemed like everyone in the theater found different things in the movie funny. You would hear only a couple people in the back laugh at a joke, then just the people beside me laugh at a joke, etc. It seemed like no one found the same jokes funny lol. About 45 mins in the woman next to me fell asleep and was snoring so loudly. I think she eventually woke up towards the end because the snoring ended.

Edited by YLF
  • Like 4

Incredibles 2 XL

June 16, 10:00 AM, 5% full in a 300 seat auditorium

Epic Theatres of Mount Dora

Trailers

Bumblebee: Laughs at Rick Astley

Dog Days: No reactions

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Chuckles at the end with one kid saying "I like this series!"

Dr. Suess' The Grinch: No reactions (thank god)

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Big laughs at the princess scene

Bao had no reactions at all. I chuckled a couple of times.

The audience was somewhat quiet, but there were plenty of laughs.

• Like 1

Incredibles 2 IMAX

June 16, 1:30 PM, 30% full in 351 seat auditorium

Regal Fox Stadium 16 & IMAX

Trailers:

Bumblebee

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (laughs, someone clapped at the end)

Alpha

Pandas (lots of awws)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (murmurs, laughs)

Ant-Man and the Wasp (murmurs, laughs)

Bao was really well received from the audience. Lots of people said they really liked it. For the movie itself, everyone seemed invested, tons of laughs and even applause at certain moments. Applause at the end.

• Like 2

Incredibles 2 - 70% full - 7:00 PM - Ultrascreen DLX

6/16/18

North Shore Cinema

Mequon, WI

Hotel Transylvania 3 - A lot more laughs then one would expect, the audience ate it up.

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies - Mild chuckles

The Grinch - Again, surprised adults were laughing at it. Especially near the end, Illuminati sadly works again

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - Small Chatter, laughs during the end.

Christopher Robin - My audience ate it up, heard some sniffles

Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet - Chuckles especially at the princess bit (On a side note, My cousin who’s about the same age as me, said it looked like The Emoji Movie)

No Lego 2 or Spiderverse makes me a very sad panda.

The audience completely dug this. Kids and adults. Lots of laughs at Jack Jack and one thing about Wisconsin. Applause was near the end as expected. My little cousin who was 8, loved it, heard him humming The Incredibles theme. My other cousin also loved it.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

Hereditary

June 20, 10:20 AM, 15% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: No reactions

Kin: Laughs (the bad kind)

The First Purge: No reactions

Searching: Murmurs

The Darkest Minds: Murmurs

The Meg: "Oh, this must be tongue in cheek!" -some old lady in the back

The Little Stranger: No reactions

This was a shockingly decent audience; I was bracing for the worst after how loud people were during ads. There were a bit of laughs in the third act that I don't know if they were positive or negative. One old lady said on the way out "I enjoyed it, but maaaaaaaan did they drag it out"

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

Incredibles 2,

1:40PM June 19th 2018, about 150 people there.

NCG SNELLVILLE CINEMA

There weren't that many previews, just ones for Teen Titans Go and Wreck-It Ralph 2.

People clapped when it was over.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

The Incredibles 2

June 19th, 6:45 pm, 90% full

Pointe Theater 14, Wilmington NC

Trailers

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck it Ralph 2 (laughs)

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (laughs)

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (laughs)

Dog Days (laughs)

Bumblebee (laughs; "This better not be a new Herbie...")

Bao received a lot of laughs. I'm sure there was some crying at a certain moment -- everyone who's seen the short knows the moment I'm talking about. The short film even got applause, though I had to help facilitate it.

The film itself also had constant reception. This plays really well with audiences.

• Like 3

Hereditary

June 19, 1:15 PM, 5% full in a auditorium with around 80 seats.

Regal Fox Stadium 16 & IMAX, VA

Trailers: (arrived late and missed a few of them)

The Little Stranger

Serenity

The First Purge

The Meg

Audience was kind of annoying for the first 10-20 minutes or so with some people clucking at certain points, but once THAT scene happened, everybody started to shut the fuck up, and it was pure silence for the remainder of the film. What a miracle.

Edited by afalconer7
  • Like 2

The Incredibles 2

June 22, 4:00 PM, 55% full

AMC Waterfront 22, West Homestead, PA

Trailers:

The Grinch

How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

Christopher Robin

Ralph Breaks The Internet

Standard subdued weekday family reactions, though I was surprised at the lack of children’s tears! I thought some parts were creepy and intense! EPILEPSY! I loved it. It was so...”high brow” and complex for an animated film about a family of superheroes. 

“She doesn’t normally drip this much” 💧 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Hotel Artemis

June 23, 3:00 PM, 30% full

Horizon Cinemas Beltway Plaza, Baltimore, MD

Trailers:

Skyscraper

The First Purge

Sicario: Day of the Soldado ("MMM")

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

A few small chuckles and murmurs throughout and such.  Someone brought their fucking 4 year old.

I'm guessing you had better luck than I did? 🤔

Edited by WrathOfHan

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

7:15 PM, 60% full

Trailers

Smallfoot "Stars of Hope" Ad

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (laughs)

Creed II (pretty significant chatter)

Ant-Man and the Wasp (chuckles)

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (mild whispers)

Bohemian Rhapsody (no reactions)

Mortal Engines (no reactions)

The Grinch (a kid laughed at one part, an adult laughed at the ending gag, but very little reaction)

At the beginning of the previews, I was sitting closer to the back, but I was in front of and to the left of two different groups of teenagers who would not shut up once during the previews. I moved down to a shitty seat freezing my ass off from the A/C, because teenagers ruin everything. There were scattered laughs here and there, but no major gag that brought the house down. Two or three clapped when the credits rolled, but it seemed pretty muted.

• Like 2