Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

November 21, 4:20 PM, 60% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Uglydolls: Murmurs (also the old guy next to me repeatedly said "THIS COMES OUT THIS SUMMER!")

Five Feet Apart

The Kid Who Would Be King: Laughs

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Laughs

Bumblebee: Chuckles at the end

Mortal Engines

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part: Laughs

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu: HUGE murmurs along with some chuckes

The audience seemed into it. The beasts got some chuckles, and Hogwarts got a lot of excited chatter. Didn't really get a good read on what audiences thought at the end.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Creed 2

trailers:

Captive state-silence

Intruder-murmurs

What men Want-chuckles

Unbreakable- murmurs

Aqua man-murmurs

Alita-silence

Vice-murmurs

Fighting with the family- laughing

Loud audience reactions at the fight scenes. Not as good as the first one but still enjoyable.

• Like 2

Widows

November 26, 2:00 PM, 10% full in a 78 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

What Men Want: Laughs

Miss Bala

Mary Queen of Scots: Murmurs

If Beale Street Could Talk: Murmurs

Aquaman: One chuckle

The Favourite: Laughs and murmurs

Alita: Battle Angel

HORRIBLE AUDIENCE. The two seniors in front of me wouldn't stop "whispering" to each other, so I eventually moved, but the rest of the audience made loud reactions for the sake of being loud at points. Everyone seemed to enjoy it though?

• Like 1

Ralph Breaks the Internet

November 27, 10:30 AM, 10% full in a 124 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Uglydolls

The Kid Who Would Be King: Chuckles

Wonder Park

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Chloe): Laughs

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Laughs

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

Toy Story 4 (Forky)

Dumbo

Toy Story 4 (Ducky and Bunny): Laughs

Plenty of laughs throughout. About half the audience stayed for the mid credits scene, and only me and one other guy stayed for the post credits scene. Early on a little kid was running around the theater and being kind of loud, but he settled down once Ralph and Vanellope got to the internet. Also, two seniors came in like 30-40 minutes before the movie ended, which didn't make much sense. I guess they were just late bc if they were in the 3D show the ticket taker would've sent them to the other side of the theater :thinking: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Ok I've got a bunch of these to do.

Suspiria

11/2 8:45 PM. 25 people.

Trailers:

Anna and the Apocalypse

Vox Lux

Mary Queen of Scots

The Favourite

Climax

Lots of gasping and shrieking throughout the film. You could really tell that most of the audience was uncomfortable throughout the movie. 3 people walked out during the Epilogue. Didn't hear anything walking out, but it seemed like for the most part people enjoyed. You could tell that the people there knew what to expect with this one and weren't expecting a more traditional horror film.

The Girl In The Spider's Web

11/9 11:25 AM. 5 people

Trailers:

Miss Bala

Escape Room

Glass

Aquaman

Pet Symmetry

The Mule

Cold Pursuit 

Not a peep from the audience. Movie was so boring I nearly walked out tbh.

Can You Ever Forgive Me

11/17. 9:15 PM. 8 people.

Trailers:

Mary Queen of Scots

Welcome to Marwen

On The Basis of Sex

The Mule 

The Favourite

Some laughter at a few scenes, otherwise pretty quiet. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

Creed II

11/20. 9:20 PM. 70% full.

Trailers:
Fighting With My Family

On The Basis of Sex

Glass

Cold Pursuit

Shazam!

There was a group of people sitting behind us who were laughing abnoxiously at random moments that weren't meant to be humorous. Besides that, the comedic moments got laughs from the audiences and there were a lot of gasps during the boxing scenes. Leaving the theater I heard a lot of people saying how much they enjoyed it..

Green Book

11/23. SOLD OUT in a 50 seat auditorium.

Trailers:

Welcome to Marwen 

On The Basis of Sex

Gloria Bell

The Mule

The Favourite 

Laughter throughout. Seemed like the audience enjoyed it as did I.

The Front Runner

11/27. 12:55 PM. 7 people

Trailers:

Miss Bala 

A Dog's Way Home

The Mule

Schindlers List Re-Release

Rocketman 

Cold Pursuit.

About 10-15 minutes into the movie some old guy came into the theater and stood in the isle for about 5 minutes before taking a seat at the end of the row I was sitting in and then started eating really loudly while breathing heavily. Luckily he moved a few rows down a couple of minutes later. Aside from that, there were only 2 scenes that got any laughs from the audience. Leaving I heard people saying they enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Can You Ever Forgive Me?

November 28, 12:05 PM, 5% full in a 130 seat auditorium

Old Mill Playhouse

Trailers

Serenity

Green Book (from the grave!): Laughs

Bernie the Dolphin: Lionsgate+day and date VOD is about all you need to know here.

The Favourite: Murmurs

The audience enjoyed it I think. There were a couple of laughs and one or two whispers.

Mirai

November 29th, 7:00 pm, 5 people in the audience

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16, Wilmington NC

Normally, when my theater shows these anime films, there aren't any trailers in front them. I got to my seat just as the opening credits were finishing up, so I wouldn't know anyway.

It's a little hard to guess what four other people thought of a film, but there were some laughs and gasps. I got a little emotional, but not as emotional as when I saw A Silent Voice and Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms. Nevertheless, this was the first Mamoru Hosoda film I've seen, and safe to say, I should definitely check out his other films, especially Wolf Children. I thought the movie was very good.

By the way, I saw the English dub, not the subtitled version. And Rebecca Hall and John Cho, who voice the boy's parents, are especially excellent here. One of the better, more authentic English voiceovers I've seen.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

A Private War

December 2nd, 12:55 pm, 3 people in the audience

AMC Wilmington 16

Previews (I came in late so I missed a few.)

The Aftermath

Serenity (which was likely attached)

The other audience members were an old couple; they reacted throughout the film, and I could tell they were quite invested.

• Like 1

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

December 7, 7:00 PM, 85% full in a 244 seat auditorium

AMC Tysons Corner 16, VA

Trailers

A Dogs Way Home - some laughs

The audience loved it. Tons of laughter from the audience at a lot of scenes. “Awws” at the Stan Lee cameo. Huge applause at the end. Nothing but smiling faces and hugely positive responses from people exiting the theater. This movie will blow up and it’s gonna be huge.

Edited by afalconer7
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Ralph Breaks The Internet

12/6 9:00 PM. 8 people.

Trailers:

The Lego Movie 2

Missing Link

Toy Story 4

Dumbo

Toy Story 4 Teaser 2

Good amount of laughter throughout the whole movie. The lady sitting in front of me was laughing the hardest out of anybody in the theater. While I did laugh at some parts I overall found the movie to be rather dissapointing.

Anna and the Apocalypse

12/7 12:40 PM. 8 people.

Trailers:

Vox Lux 

Pet Symmetry

Once Upon a Deadpool

Aquaman

Happy Death Day 2U

Fighting With My Family

The Prodigy.

1 old guy walked out about 20 minutes in and another person walked out around 40 minutes. Aside from that there were some laughs from the audience and those who stayed seem to enjoyed it as did I, but it's not going to be for everyone.

• Like 2

Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse

Me and three other people.
It was 10:30 in the morning, though.

So I went to the "second run" theater, because I guess since it's the only theater in town they're getting new movies until they fix the other ones.

I literally had to go into a back alley because the rest of the mall is slated for demolition besides anchor stores;

Spoiler

At least the lights are festive!

There was a huge crowd of little kids and I was thinking "Oh geeze." until I remembered that the Grinch was playing there too and thankfully they all went to see it.

After one of the two employees got around to taking my money, I went to the theater printed on the ticket and thought it was odd that the person in line before me who I was talking to wasn't in the theater.

When an older couple came in, I asked "Are you here to see Spiderman?" 

"We're here to see The Mule."

So they just switched theaters and didn't bother to tell me. I guess that's what you get for 5$ a ticket all day every day.

No reaction to any trailers; I didn't miss any because I saw the guy again in the right theater and he told me they just started.

Aquaman

Dragons 3

Dark Phoenix

Lego Movie 2

I sat so far in the front maybe I missed crowd reactions besides a few chuckles, but I loved it.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

12/13 10:15 PM. 35% Full.

Trailers:
A Dogs Way Home 

The Kid Who Would Be King 

The Secret Life of Pets 2

Shazam 

How To Train Your Dragon 

Bumblebee

Very positive reaction from the audience. Lots of laughs throughout and gasps at the revealing moments. One girl in theater had an emotional reaction to any scene that was slightly sad. Almost everyone stayed for the post-credits scene which got huge laughs and applause.

Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse

12/16 10:15 PM 3D Showing. 5 people

Trailers:

A Dogs Way Home 

Shazam

Bumblebee

Overcomer

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (3D)

How To Train Your Dragon (3D)

Not nearly as much as a reaction as the first time I saw it due to the lack of a crowd, but there were some chuckles throughout.

The Mule

12/18 9:15 PM. 20% full.

Trailers:

Destroyer

Glass

Gloria Bell

On The Basis of Sex

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Laughs at the comedic moments. Everyone stayed to watch the first half of the credits. Leaving I heard mostly positive comments and some people saying they wanted to go read the true story the movie was based on.

• Like 1

Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse

12:15

Well, we're doing a bit better now, we had 10 people! Circumstances are way different, but I'm surprised this place came out in droves for Coco but not for this.

Trailers:

A Dogs Way Home - My mother said "I want to see that!" "but.....they spoiled the ending in the trailer......."

Shazam

Overcomer - Thankfully she didn't ask me to see this bc I would not anyway and I have no idea what the story is about?

How To Train Your Dragon 

I don't think I heard much of any reaction besides my mother laughing at bits. 

• Like 2

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

7:30 pm, 80% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Trailers

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Shazam

A Dog's Way Home

Overcomer

(all of these were met with reactions of intrigue)

Many laughs and audience reactions throughout. Stunned silence at the end of the film.

• Like 1

Welcome To Marwen

12/23 7:00 PM. 30% full

Trailers:

Glass

Downtown Abbey (Lots of chatering when the titled appeared)

Rocketman

Isn't It Romantic

Dumbo

The Upside

Cold Pursuit

Some laughs during the doll seqeunces. Didn't hear anything leaving, but I thought this one was pretty terrible.

Vice

12/27 7:15 PM. 50% full.

Trailers:
Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Fighting with my Family

They Shall Not Grow Old

What Men Want

Cold Pursuit

The Upside 

Captain Marvel

Some laughter throughout. The scenes in particular that got the biggest laughs were any scenes with Bush and Chenney's heart attacks. A couple people I noticed get up multiple times and some were on their phones quite a bit. Overall, didn't seem like that positive as a reaction as only a couple people stayed for the mid-credits scene. I thought it was OK.

• Like 1

Bumblebee

4:40 pm, 95% full

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

This was a very busy day at the theater. Many films had at least one sold-out time slot on the showings schedule. This included films that you wouldn't think would have many sold out showings this weekend. Films with sold out showings included Aquamam, Bohemian Rhapsody (!), The Favourite (!!), Holmes & Watson (?!), Mary Poppins Returns, The Mule, Ralph Breaks The Internet, Second Act (@Napoleon ), Spider-Verse, and Vice. And Bumblebee at least came close to selling out based on the amount of seats that were taken when we selected our seats. So it's good to see a diverse amount of movies flourish, for the films, for the theater, and for the public!

Trailers

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Five Feet Apart

Captive State (the first teaser)

Shazam

Wonder Park

What Men Want

Many laughs. A lot of chatter after the film. Two people walked out before the climax, but I could tell they were reluctant to do so.

• Like 2

Aquaman IMAX

January 1, 11:00 AM, 2% full in a 330 seat auditorium

Regal Pointe Orlando 20 & IMAX

Trailers

Wonder Park

Glass

Alita: Battle Angel

Hellboy

Avengers: Endgame

Shazam!
Godzilla: King of the Monsters

There were like four or five chuckles, but that's it. One group and my dad left before the mid credits scene (he also had to get up to piss right before the scene where OCEAN TO OCEAN played so I got to laugh hard and not be judged :ph34r: ). I was surprised how dead the theater was for New Year's Day.

Aquaman

7:30 PM, 10% full

AMC Wilmington 16

Trailers

Avengers: Endgame

Pet Semetary

The Upside (laughs)

Miss Bala

Alita: Battle Angel (murmurs)

Glass (murmurs)

Godzilla: King of Monsters

The Lego Movie 2 (laughs)

I could tell that the crowd enjoyed it, but they were mostly silent throughout the runtime.

Edited by Slambros

Mary Poppins Returns Dolby Cinema

January 7, 6:00 PM, 1% full in a 236 seat auditorium

AMC Tallahassee 20

Trailers

Uglydolls

Breakthrough

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Chloe)

A Dog's Way Home: Murmurs (also I started tearing up because I thought of my dog and how much I miss her :( )

Wonder Park

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part: Murmurs

The Lion King

Dumbo

Alita: Battle Angel Dolby Featurette

I didn't hear anything from the other two people in the audience.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1