Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

AD ASTRA

6:45 PM Saturday

Super small auditorium but about 65% full. 

Trailers:

Motherless Brooklyn

Midway

Some stupid ass looking movie called Countdown

Ford v Ferrari

The King's Man

I really loved it. Predictably I think the audience was kinda bored though. 

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 2

JOKER 7:00 PM Thursday screenings 

Was running “late” so I may have missed a few”.

Gemini man: no reactions at all 

Dr Sleep: 1st trailer  ( light chatters at the end and one “it’s so scary“ when that shinning theme  comes in )

1917: no reactions 

Birds of Prey: one loud “I love her” during trailer. chatters after, with a group of young I assume college aged girls being quite excited.

and that’s it’s 

also when it came to the movie my audience was very responsive many laughs at the dark humor, many many gasps throughout, and about 40 ish percent of the theater clapped at the end.

Edited by Manny G
  • Thanks 1

Parasite

6:50 PM, 10% full, one of the biggest auditoriums

Regal Mayfaire Stadium 16

Trailers

1917 (behind the scenes promo)

Dark Waters

Ford v. Ferrari

The Turning (nervous chuckes)

The Good Liar

The Rhythm Section

Portrait of a Lady on Fire (quiet murmurs)

The Lodge

People talked about how much they liked the film after watching it. There was quiet laughter throughout. Mostly silent investment.

Frozen II

9:45 AM

I wanted to hit the first showing of the day because I'm not sure when (or if) these kids ever go to school anymore. There were still about 5 kids in there. And some teenagers.

Trailers: I got there kind of late to begin with, and then learned that oh, now they charge us tax, so I had to go look in my car for change. I have no idea what else I missed.

Jumanji 2

A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood

Onward

Someone was on their phone at one point, but it was when Olaf was doing something stupid, so it's okay. Occasionally a kid would cry.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

Ford v Ferrari

Trailers:

Uncut Gems

Knives Out

The King's Man

Underwater

Crowd ate it up. After the movie, my theater had a set up of an authentic GT40 from that era (think the same model and color in the Matt Damon/Tracy Letts scene. There was tape set up around it and one older guy in the perimeter, so I think it might have been his. Pretty cool stuff. Pretty much everyone at my screening was taking pictures around it

• Like 1

Yesterday's 6:30pm IMAX for TROS was sold out.  Good energy.  Plenty of laughs, a handful of cheers, and an applause at the end.

Today's 11:15am in a smaller premium theater was much more subdued and about half full.  Still plenty of laughs, but no cheering and a light applause from a few people at the end.

Edited by ZackM

CATS

10:10 AM

So I bought my ticket and somehow it disappeared in my pocket. Probably an ominous sign of things to come. So I just guessed at my seat.

There were two old people and a family of about 5 alongside me.

TRAILERS:

*Starts off with 'RATED PG FOR LANGUAGE AND ACTION'*

Me: Sonic! :D

Trailer: Doolittle. I vaguely wondered how many flop holiday films Tom Holland was going to be in.

The second trailer started the same way.

Me: Sonic?

Trailer: Trolls World Tour

The THIRD trailer started the same way.

Me: :(

Trailer: SONIC!

The proper Sonic, I mean.  The family behind me had an absolute blast with it. You'd think it was the funniest thing on earth the way they reacted at Robotnik.

Oh, and MY SPY.

So, the family clearly had some people who knew the material with them bc occasionally I'd hear a line or two of someone singing. You'd vaguely get used to the faces, then they'd be shown at an angle that SCREAMS 'This isn't right' and I'd wince.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

12:15

Maybe 50 people. Kind of a big deal.

Outside of the theater, there were two men walking, and one was looking at his phone. He went "OH MAN STAR WARS IS PLAYING LET'S GO" and the other man went "NO I HATE THAT SHIT." "It's right over there!"

Trailers:

Jungle Cruise

Spies in Disguise (My father laughed a bit at it)

Mulan

Little Women

One dude began to read "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." until someone said "You don't need to do that."

The same dude

Spoiler

Was going 'Skywalker, Skywalker' when the old woman asked Rey who she was.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

December 25, 10:30 am, about 70% full

AMC Disney Springs 24, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Trailers:

-Barb and Star Go to Vista del Mar

-Free Guy

-Bad Boys for Life

-No Time To Die

-Top Gun: Maverick

-Wonder Woman 1984

-Onward

-Black Widow

-Mulan

Pretty quiet crowd for a huge tent-pole so close to opening, but there was applause at the end.

Before the movie started I popped into the 10:15 showing of Frozen II next door, and it was about 50% full.

Edited by Sir Tiki

Dolittle

January 20, 11 am, about 15% full

AMC Disney Springs 24, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Trailers:

-Artemis Fowl

-The Call of the Wild

-Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway

-Emma.

-Trolls World Tour

My first experience in a Dolby cinema, it was certainly something. The audience that was there seemed into it (families with very small children), and there were cheers at the end.

Edited by Sir Tiki
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, Sir Tiki said:

Trailers:

-Artemis Fowl

:ohmygod:

anyway...

BIRDS OF PREY

12:30 PM

I was late because our credit union is super friggin' slow all the damn time. I may have missed a trailer before these two. My bet is probably "Bloodshot".

Trailers:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Sonic the Hedgehog

There were a great deal of laughs. I had to take a call and went to the back, so I only hope the other person on the line didn't hear when Roman screamed the F-Bomb.

• Like 1

Bird of Prey Friday 6:00Pm full theater,  mostly college kids.

there was issue with  the audio so half of the trailers were on mute ( Invisible Man, Black Widow and Fast 9)

the audio came back for the last 2 trailers Tenet and WW84 (suspicious that the audio issues was resolved just in time for WB next big releases🤔 just kidding, or am I?) 

anyway not much reaction on the trailer besides the stinger on WW84, which is not surprising considering all these trailers are months old and most already saw them.

Super light SPOILERS AHEAD, the movie on the other hand had plenty of general laughs especially in the first half,  one tiny bit had the  whole audience erupts in laughter (Frida Khalo joke). The second half was more silence until the third act when the audience cheered at 3 specific occasions, kinda rolled my eyes at the 3rd one to be honest considering it’s something proeminantly featured in the ad campaign.

Edited by Manny G
  • Like 1

Sonic the Hedgehog

11:45 AM

Me and maybe another 7 people?

Trailers:

Sponge on The Run - A small child went "Am I gonna see that?" and its parent went "No."

My Spy - Look, I was bummed this was pushed back like 9 times but I'm real tired of seeing this.

I Still Believe

I think there may have been 2 laughs total.

• Like 1

Due to COVID I hadn't posted on this thread in a while and it seems like neither has anyone else, but now that movies are coming back I think it would be fun to start it back up.

Zola 

7/7 2:15 PM

7 people.

Trailers:

West Side Story

Shang-Chi

Candyman

Snake Eyes

Remenissance 

Escape Room 2

Pig

The Green Knight

Not much of a reaction from the crowd aside from one woman who laughed out loud a couple times. Didn't hear anyone say anything leaving, but it seemed like people liked it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Green Knight

7/29 7:00 PM

30 people.

Trailers:

Jackass Forever

The Last Duel 

Shang Chi

Candyman

Flag Day

Reminiscence

Don't Breathe 2

Lamb

Pretty quiet aside from a woman who laughed at one part.

The reception from the audience seemed mixed-to-negative. One person said "I thought it was a big waste of time" when the credits rolled. Leaving I heard one group arguing about if it made any sense. I honestly wasn't a big fan of it either. 

The Suicide Squad

7/29 7:30 PM

150 people

No trailers

Audience seemed to really enjoy the movie. Lot of laughs, clapping when 

Spoiler

Bloodsport killed Peacemaker

and most of the auidence stayed for both post credits scene. Small number also stayed for the Q&A

• Like 2

Jungle Cruise

7/29 6:00 PM

About 20 people

Trailers:

Clifford

Paw Patrol

Dune

Encanto

Eternals

Shang-Chi

Consistent laughter and engagement. Awed reaction to animals. I wasn’t a big fan, found the editing to be jarringly rapid and some of the plot logic to be convenient. Rock and Blunt were fun despite lacking chemistry 

• Like 1

Boy howdy, it's good to be back in this thread.

The Green Knight

7/30, about 15 people.

Trailers:

Dune

Eternals
Shang Chi

Re....Re something. Regenerance?

Free Guy

Everyone was pretty muted. A chuckle at the one joke in the theater. EmpireCity was so right when they said this wouldn't play well with the GA. Walking out, two guys sounded very disappointed. I liked it, but not as much as I wanted to, even with tempered expectations.

Surprisingly,

Spoiler

Most people stayed throughout the credits, maybe they knew there was a small scene in them.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1