Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Breaking Dawn

Tuesday, 8 PM

Attendance- Pretty good, probably 50+ people (but not totally sure, I was trying to hide my face), mostly women but there were a few guys

Trailers

Sherlock Holmes- Looks good, I'm happy Noomi Rapace has broken into Hollywood

We Bought A Zoo- This is the oscar-bait film I keep hearing about? It looks terrible, laughably sappy-cheery. No way I'm sitting through that.

Man on a Ledge- Looks like a decent thriller that I will wait for the DVD for

The Hunger Games- AMAZING!!!! Looks so good on big screen

Snow White and the Huntsman- Also looks incredible on the big screen, people were buzzing on this, I can't wait to see it

The Woman in Black- Looks ok, I'll probably skip it

Romance drama with Tatum/McAdams- Girls are going to eat this up

Film:

lol, well it is what it is, I'm drawn in now because I've seen the other films. It was entertaining. Fast paced considering what the plot of this one is, some parts are so bad it's funny (werewolf talk etc), but you go in knowing that this is what you're gonna get.

• Like 1

Muppets1:35 PMHenderson, NV20% fullMy sister and I sat somewhat up front so we didn't hear any crowd reactions, but by god every trailer except for maybe "Brave" was just awful. "Journey 2"? "Cars 2", and now this Michael Caine?! Sad. "Small Fry" had a clever premise, but somewhat bad pacing. Easily the only mediocre Toy Story outing, which was a unusual Pixar disappointment, yet it didn't last long.Muppets was fantastic, it's gonna kill Hugo and Arthur Christmas this holiday weekend. I honestly don't know why Paramount thought Hugo stood even a chance.

The Muppets

7:00pm

Trailers:

Alvin - I hate this series and I hope it dies a spectacular death next month

Arrietty - The voice actors seem very out of place, but I'm sure it'll be decent. Too bad Alvin's going to gross like twenty times as much as this.

Brave - I don't mind this trailer as much as a lot of people seem to. Got some people chatting afterwards

Small Fry had the theater laughing the whole way. Maybe got a little too silly at points but it was a solid appetizer.

As for the film, I loved it. I can't decide what my favorite song or my favorite joke was and I hope it outgrosses Cars 2.

Posted Image

The Muppets

8:10PM Wednesday, November 23rd

Cinemark Palace 20 Boca Raton

Theater Capacity: ~240 (20% full; surprised to see it was a four-quadrant audience)

Ticket Price: $8.00

TRAILERS:

Tin Tin - same trailer as usual, weak reaction (as usual).

The Pirates Band of Misfits - looks okay by claymation standards and got lots of laughs from kids in the audience.

Big Miracle - I'll watch anything with John "Jim Halpert" Krasinski in it, even if it's a true story drama about rescuing whales. Got a good reaction from the audience.

Journey 2 the Mysterious Island - looks mediocre (see Land of the Lost); got laughs at The Rock's peck-dancing in the end, though.

Brave - got some talking from the audience, but I don't know what to expect from this next Pixar venture.

SMALL FRY (Pixar animated short)

I was pleasantly surprised to see this playing in front of the movie. Everyone loves the Toy Story gang! And even though this wasn't as funny as the last Toy Story short film (Toy Story Toons: Hawaiian Vacation), Small Fry left the audience laughing and warmed us all up for The Muppets.

THE FILM:

The Muppets was a riot! Everyone in the audience--young and old, male and female, fan and Muppet-virgin--laughed in equal measure throughout this Muppet adventure. The colors were bright, the story was easy for everyone to follow, and the musical numbers were awesome... i.e. there were plenty of jokes or sight gags to relieve those people who get nauseous enduring a musical number in their movie(s).

Jason Segal and Amy Adams are a sweet match as lovers Gary and Mary, and I think the perfect amount of screen time was devoted to their characters' story without detracting from the real stars of the picture: Walter and the Muppets. And similarly, I believe an appropriate amount of time was allotted for each muppet and their respective significance to the franchise. Perhaps the thing that really makes The Muppets special was the long list of cameo performances featured throughout the movie, as if it's some sort of statement Hollywood was trying to make that they embrace the Muppets and support their rebirth.

This really was a nice film that kind of does for this franchise what J.J. Abrams did for Star Trek. The purpose was ultimately to shine a spotlight on a cultural treasure, both reminding old fans and introducing a new generation to the fun, comical, imaginary-yet-real world of the Muppets. If you're a fan of any previous Muppet show/movie, any self aware films (Austin Powers, Harold and Kumar), or any theatrical films with a final romantic number (A Mighty Wind, Moulin Rouge), I assure you that you'll enjoy The Muppets and it's a safe bet for watching with your family and friends this holiday season.

THE VERDICT: 9.1 / 10.0, A-

Muppets1:35 PMHenderson, NV20% fullMy sister and I sat somewhat up front so we didn't hear any crowd reactions, but by god every trailer except for maybe "Brave" was just awful. "Journey 2"? "Cars 2", and now this Michael Caine?! Sad."Small Fry" had a clever premise, but somewhat bad pacing. Easily the only mediocre Toy Story outing, which was a unusual Pixar disappointment, yet it didn't last long.Muppets was fantastic, it's gonna kill Hugo and Arthur Christmas this holiday weekend. I honestly don't know why Paramount thought Hugo stood even a chance.

CARS ll? From what country are you?

The Muppets today at first showing of the day. About 40%, maybe 50% full. Tailers:TinTin - silence pretty much. Brave - some chatter afterward but pretty quiet. Arriety - pretty quiet as well but more chater than Brave here. Pirates clay movie - some laughter from kids.Chipmunks - kids were eating this up and lots of chatter after trailer ended. Toy Story Short - got some laughs. Muppet - enjoyable movie with some great writing for us adults. Applause from entire audience when it finished.

The Descendants7:50 PM 300 Seats - Sold OutTrailersYoung AdultA movie where Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, and more go to India, this looks greatDragon Tattoo <3 Different cut trailer that rocksWar Horse -_- I was sure to express my hatred very loudlyMovie-Wow, this really is a great movie. Everyone was great. I loved Scotty the most. -mother in coma- Hey mom, look who's here!George Clooney was really awesome especially when he goes to see Speer at the cottage and at the end. Sid was hilarious.I'd be okay with this winning Best Picture and Actor and Supporting Actress for Alexandra or Scotty (though that's never gonna happen).*Also the manager told my friend and I to come back Tuesday and he'll take us to the poster room and he'll give us a ton of posters. So excited :D

Edited by Travod
  • Like 1

Arthur ChristmasFriday Night 9:20pm - 3 people out of 150 seatsTrailers:Priates: Band Of MisfitsAlvin and The ChipmucksMirror, MirrorJourney 2Tintin(There was only 3 people and I couldnt really tell the reaction of the other 2 people)After the trailers and before the movie starts they show Justin Beibers Santa Claus Is Coming To Town music video and yes its dreadfulReview:Arthur Christmas is a fun delight christmas film that the whole family will love. The film was very funny and Grandsanta (voiced by Bill Nighy) is just very funny. The film surprisingly has an emotional punch which adds to the film itself. The film is very good and deserves a bigger audience. I bet the kids will eat this film up and adults as well.

• Like 1

MuppetsFriday 5:10 PM220 seat theater, close to 90% full.Trailers-Tintin- dead silenceArietty- minor chatterBrave- also some chatterChipwrecked- the crowd ate this up. Not my cup of tea but it obviously appeals to a lot of people.The movieWhat a great and fun movie. The crowd was into it right from the start. I got a touch of nostalgia and found it quite humorous, but a lot of the people around me must have found it hilarious as there were pockets of big laughter all around me. Exit chatter was all positive, hard to tell whether the kids or adults were gushing more.The leads were perfectly cast, you could tell Segal was a fan, he gave it his all and is such a big likable guy, and Amy Adams is cute and extremely likable as well. The cameos were great, lots of laughs at Jim Parsons appearance.9.5/10

The Muppets12:20 PM60% full (At a theater that isn't that crowded usually, at least not in that past 15 years)Trailers:Alvin 3: Really good reaction, it actually does look pretty funny I will admit.Mirror Mirror: Laughs, could be good.Tintin: Kind of tired of this trailer. Laughs.Pirates: Looks decent. Laughter.Aritary: Laughter.Brave: Great looking. Had some laughs.Short: Great short film.Movie: Wow great film. I think the song "Man or a Muppet" should win best song, that song made me laugh so hard. Great cameos all throughout the film. The audience ate this film up. Fantastic reaction. Very very funny. Can Kermit win best actor? No. But its a thought ;) The best film of 2011.A+