Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

People were applauding at STID this year, and last year, at two showings of The Avengers, Skyfall, Dark Knight Rises, Silver Linings Playbook, Wreck-It Ralph, and Argo. I guess my area has common clapping. :P

Fast Six:

Thursday 10:20 pm

65% full 

Movie: C+/B-

Great, if ridiculous action sequences. Performances are sometimes surprisingly effective (Diesel and Rodriguez's scenes together, Walker's emoting), other times quite silly. Gigantic plot holes abound (1st Rodriguez/Carano fight doesn't make sense at all when you know the latter's character twist). Entertaining, and I like that they're building a world of characters, but the plot is still standard fare. 

• Like 1

Fast Six:

Thursday 10:20 pm

65% full 

Movie: C+/B-

Great, if ridiculous action sequences. Performances are sometimes surprisingly effective (Diesel and Rodriguez's scenes together, Walker's emoting), other times quite silly. Gigantic plot holes abound (1st Rodriguez/Carano fight doesn't make sense at all when you know the latter's character twist). Entertaining, and I like that they're building a world of characters, but the plot is still standard fare. 

Shaw was going to likely get rid of Letty to begin with. He didn't care about anyone's welfare, and Carano couldn't blow her cover by just letting people run free all the time.

• Like 3

MEGAPLEX 7 CARIBBEAN CINEMAS

saturday june 1st 3.45pm 2nd viewing of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

there were lots of kids , they had 4 rows reserved  but they were pretty quiet for the most part i was scared they'd be noisy but they actually watch the film and were into it( probably between 8-12yrs)

i was late so only saw one trailer 

RIDDICK  cannot believe they're making another one but i was surprised to see starbucks in it....

rest of review for RTM THREAD i loved it even more, i feel like the rush of seeing film a first time makes it feel like its going by really fast and this trip it didnt feel this way , difference between wolfing down a pizza and taking your time with one slice

sorry about the wolf thingy i'm finally seeing game of thrones episode 9 tonight 24

hrs after most of online world, i saw one comment on fb saying GOT bleached their heart out and stayed off my phone internet after that , as it is i'm saying this here coz i'm afraid to go to tv thread LOLLL :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

imo only the big crowd pleasing films have gotten a clapping response from audiences.

For TDK it was when Gordan comes back and the Pencil trick.

TA it was Puny God and the I am Always Angry/TA Assembling in a Circle Scene... It was Sunday night I saw it so no it was fanboys getting a nerdgasm but audiences  :wub:

Shaw was going to likely get rid of Letty to begin with. He didn't care about anyone's welfare, and Carano couldn't blow her cover by just letting people run free all the time.

Your first point is valid, but the second is not. 

Carano had no one watching her when she attacked Letty.

The fight was included for the purpose of action/spectacle and nothing more. 

Your first point is valid, but the second is not. 

Carano had no one watching her when she attacked Letty.

The fight was included for the purpose of action/spectacle and nothing more. 

How about Carano had permission to try and toss Letty around for a little bit by Shaw? Shaw probably had a feeling nonetheless that Letty was gonna be swayed.

How about Carano had permission to try and toss Letty around for a little bit by Shaw? Shaw probably had a feeling nonetheless that Letty was gonna be swayed.

I didn't mind the fight.The biggest "reveal" issue I had was that Carano's character had no discernable reason to reveal herself as Shaw's girlfriend.At that point in the story, Shaw has won and is leaving, he knows that Dom and Co will be on his tail. Wouldn't having a mole help delay the heroes? Also, there is no need for the reveal, she could have pretended to be a cop (more useful to have an inside person) and met up with Shaw at any point after the escape.

The Hangover 3:

Wednesday Afternoon

35% full 

Movie: 6.5/10

Trailers: We're the Millers: Got a good reaction and a lot of laughs at the jokes they had.

Hadn't seen either Hangover movie beforehand, didn't really know what to expect. Thought it was a decent film, there were some jokes that worked and some that just didn't. Audience were eating it up , laughed at almost everything especially when Zach Galifinakis's character did something. Found him and Ken Jeong's characters to be a bit too over the top at times, nonetheless they were still funny. Mainly liked John Goodman in this.

Edited by Smoked To Dust

Now You See Me

Dover Carmike Cinema 14 in Dover, Delware

Saturday June 1st, 9:50pm; $11.25

65% (seats 100)

Trailers:

My Little Pony: It was for some kinda special one night thing and it got one of the biggest WTF? reactions ever. 

Anchorman 2: some laughs

Red 2: some laughs

Carrie: A few people whispering "O its Carrie" in the opening of the trailer. No response. 

Man Of Steel: Great reaction; positive words spoken after trailer. I wish they didn't put this trailer out I don't want to be spoiled.

The Heat: some laughs; decent reaction

Rush: good reaction; a few people heard saying they want to see it. I think it looks pretty good

The Hunger Games 2: No reaction

Review

Just to give a heads up I was in Delaware for the Nascar race this weekend and I decided to take a break from all the drunken people at the campsite and go see a movie. The movie was really good up in till the ending. The crowd did not seem to be too pleased with the last part of the movie either as when the credits rolled I heard the guy in front of me yell "bullshit" and everyone (including me) laughed.

Film: The Purge

Cinema: Norwich, U.K

Time: 21:20

Crowd: 70%

Trailers:

World War Z - little chatter

The Conjuring - lots of chatter

Despicable Me 2 - A few laughs

The Last Exorcism 2 - Nothing

The East - Nothing

The Film:

A bit of a disappointment really, I went in expecting a mixture of Saw and The Strangers and whilst it is similar to those films slightly, it lacks content that makes it anything other than a standard horror/thriller. There isn't any real sense of danger or sympathy for the characters and it all seems quite predictable. Despite it's eye catching credit sequence it also takes quite a while to get into any real action. I'm fairly easy going ratings wise on horror films and it didn't bore me but it's hard to recommend the film as a must see in the cinema.

6/10

• Like 1

The Great Gatsby

June 5, 6:20 PM, 30% full

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (no reactions)

Now You See Me

World War Z

Man of Steel - This trailer never ceases to give me goosebumps. Gonna miss seeing it.

Gravity

Thought it was decent. Audience didn't really react except for small laughs. Good show though

So I finally watched Fast & Furious 6... I know you guys have been telling me to watch it for weeks.

Too tired to write it a proper report; however, I do enjoy writing the Haiku summary reports once in a blue moon!

Furious and fast

Diesel and Walker drive hard

So stupid it's fun

Experience - 30/30

Story/Writing - 12/20

Acting - 8/15 (at least the supporting cast was funny... I especially liked Ludacris and Tyrese Gibson)

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Direction - 7/10

Music - 7/10

THE VERDICT: 79/100, B

• Like 3