charlie Jatinder

Tuesday (7/9) Numbers

16 minutes ago, a2k said:

FFH is 96% on RT Audience after more than 40k ratings.

It’s one of the best superhero films of all time. Between Spider-Man: Far From Home, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Marvel’s Spider-Man PS4 and Avengers: Infinity War, it’s hard to argue that Spidey isn’t having the best period outside comics since literally ever.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Hoping it can leg out to $400 million🤞 

ezgif-2-b2a7abfaf954.gif

It will if the way it played out last week and now Monday and Tuesday are anything to go by.

For the ones interested into such kind of information.......

According to reports, WarnerMedia paid $425m to stream Friends for five years on its new HBO Max service More:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

For the ones interested into such kind of information.......

According to reports, WarnerMedia paid $425m to stream Friends for five years on its new HBO Max service More:

Two AT&T/ WB subsidiaries - one paying another.  The beneficiaries outside the A&TT/WB loop are the cast, writers, directors & producers provided they had any streaming deals (or any that paid more than pennies)

WB got $100m last year from Netflix for the rights for 2019-2020 so about the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

LOL.

Did you read the article?

Screendaily is a rather reliable outlet, in my POV one of the best, probably even The best, e.g. for UK BO....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

producers provided they had any streaming deals (or any that paid more than pennies)

WB is one of the ones that experiment with the new paying model amazon started to use / ~ invented - if I remember it right = maybe not

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Did you read the article?

Screendaily is a rather reliable outlet, in my POV one of the best, probably even The best, e.g. for UK BO....

I’m not doubting you or Screendaily, homie. I’m just laughing at the absurd cipher that WB is paying for this. I don’t see how WB thought it was a good idea to sell Sandman to Netflix for a similar sum and then buy fucking Friends for 5 years. Typical WB move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

WB is one of the ones that experiment with the new paying model amazon started to use / ~ invented - if I remember it right = maybe not

Maybe but most of these contracts were 10-20 years ago and weren't negotiated for streaming so actors/writers who already weren't getting much for DVD are getting less for streaming.  It's like the old TV contracts from the 1950 &1960s before re-runs on TV became a  thing.  Most actors were paid for 3 showings of an episode but nothing after that even as shows ran into hundreds and thousands of showings.  One of the reasons whe writers went on strike a decade ago was b/c their ancillaries were being cut as they moved from re-runs on TV (paid for) to streaming (paid much less if anything for)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I’m not doubting you or Screendaily, homie. I’m just laughing at the absurd cipher that WB is paying for this. I don’t see how WB thought it was a good idea to sell Sandman to Netflix for a similar sum and then buy fucking Friends for 5 years. Typical WB move.

They OWN Friends.  They're just no longer leasing it to Netflix for $100m a year - but to HBO Streaming  which is owned by ATT&T which owns WB...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They OWN Friends.  They're just no longer leasing it to Netflix for $100m a year - but to HBO Streaming  which is owned by ATT&T which owns WB...

Sandman was an original property that they could capitalize on. I just find their business streaming model not aggressive enough like Disney’s. I mean, I’m signed to HBO Go, but since they are using that freaking logo on their Brazil’s arm, I will probably will not be renewing my subscription once it’s over. Too scared of burn ins with my oled.

Fantastic jumps for TS4 (63%), Aladdin (59%) and Yday (55%). The family movies just kill it on Tuesday's. That's not a surprise as most movies I see will be on either a Tuesday evening or Sat/Sun matinee. 

Hopefully Aladdin stays above 1M today and gets to 48 consecutive days above $1M, which would move it ahead of Frozen.

Aladdin passed Shreck 3 on Tuesday and should pass DP2 and Suicide Squad on Thursday.

Feels like 400 is going to be really close for  FFH.  A run equivalent to HC from this point on (comparing FFH day 8 to HC day 5) gets FFH to 396.

FFH's monday actuals ending up being about 300K below what Charlie reported (10.876 vs 11.2). Hopefully that doesn't happen today.

Nice increase for ACH. This one is going to make alot less DOM and WW than the previous 2 entries but will still be very profitable for WB.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe but most of these contracts were 10-20 years ago and weren't negotiated for streaming so actors/writers who already weren't getting much for DVD are getting less for streaming.  It's like the old TV contracts from the 1950 &1960s before re-runs on TV became a  thing.  Most actors were paid for 3 showings of an episode but nothing after that even as shows ran into hundreds and thousands of showings.  One of the reasons whe writers went on strike a decade ago was b/c their ancillaries were being cut as they moved from re-runs on TV (paid for) to streaming (paid much less if anything for)

Ah, I thought you mean the new content they also wrote about in the article, the older content... I guess nothing new / changed.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Sandman was an original property that they could capitalize on. I just find their business streaming model not aggressive enough like Disney’s. I mean, I’m signed to HBO Go, but since they are using that freaking logo on their Brazil’s arm, I will probably will not be renewing my subscription once it’s over. Too scared of burn ins with my oled.

Friends was I think the most consistently watched content on Netflix so it's a money maker for them.  The most attractive thing about HBO MAX is their back catalogue (or MGM's film back catalogue)  but at a reported $17-18 a month it's the most costly streamer on the market.

Meanwhile Netflix it losing quite a bit to the studios setting up their own streaming services and a lot of the new content is meh or cancelled too early.  Still, I have 200 things on my "list"   But, it's not looking to be a hard choice to switch to Hulu & Disney + later this year at a lower combined cost.

• Like 1