charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (7/11)

3 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Marvel would be smart to wait a while. It gives Avengers 5 more time to buildup in-universe, and it makes it seems like an even bigger event due to the long wait. Plus the solos have so much crossover already it’s not like the MCU will lack that aspect without an Avengers movie for a while. If they wait until 2024, a five year gap, I think Avengers 5 could outdo Endgame. It sounds crazy, I agree, but five years is a long time and can still feel nearly as significant as Endgame. Especially when Marvel will have released like 10-15 films in that time. Maybe Avengers 5 is a less important one and they still do them every three years. I would still say $2 billion+ solely due to brand strength. But I have a hunch they will make the Avengers films rarer and thus they may achieve Endgame-level grosses or higher because of it.

It won’t be Avengers 5 anyway. It will be NEW AVENGERS.

42 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

A generic Avengers movie with Spider-Man, Strange, Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Panther could probably come close, not sure about 2 billion. Maybe something like 550-600 dom and 1.8B assuming a dom/os split close to Infinity War. New characters like Wolverine and the Fantastic Four though would definitely raise its potential. Honestly, Wolverine alone might be enough.  

Avengers 5 will arrive in 4/5 years after Endgame. the Asian and South American markets will grow

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The franchise won’t be resting at all though, there’ll still be several solo films put out every year. 

Good thing that they know what they are doing and there is an obvious demand for the films then.

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Psssh, nonsense. Untitled Marvel Movie May 2022 will be a solo. 2B from Untitled Marvel Movie May (but actually April) 2023

Team-Up doesn't necessarily mean Avengers, it just means characters from at least 2 previously solo movies coming together. We won't be seeing another Avengers movie for quite some time, I reckon at least 4 years, likely 5. So then use your imagination, think about what they have and what they could do with what they have to keep the ball rolling in the MCU, without making it into an Avengers movie.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

GoTG 3 could do 1.5 Billion.

I highly doubt that. Guardian movies have been one of the lowest grossers amongst MCU franchises in Asia. They consistently underperform in countries like China, India, etc (relative to other MCU movies) due to the type of humour and all the american centric pop culture references. These countries are vital to the growth of MCU. It will do Captain Marvel/Spiderman FFH numbers at best. 

I just hope people do not set unrealistic expectations and then say a movie disappointed despite making 1-1.2b. 

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I liked Endgame as a finale to the Avengers films. I’m not desperate for more. Especially not in just a few years. 

I agree. They should give the Avengers movie a break for 4-5 years at least. Let the hype as well as a new team build up again. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Good thing that they know what they are doing and there is an obvious demand for the films then.

Lol yeh I just said the franchise won’t be taking any sort of break for 4 years. They won’t be taking a break for 1 year actually lol

21 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I actually legit think we might be getting an "Dark Avengers" / Thunderbolts film in Phase 4 less than 5 years from now.

From Disney? Ehhhh no

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

From Disney? Ehhhh no

Yep, from Disney. Thunderbolts was reportedly something that Gunn was considering for after Vol. 3 before that non-sense last year. Kurt Busiek, the creator of the comic talked about it. And he’s not a Liefeld neither the type to make shit up. Gentle reminder that Guardians aren’t exactly saints. And you don’t seem to be that familiar with the Thunderbolts / Dark Avengers storyline to point blank say it wouldn’t fit with what the MCU is and something that Disney could definitely be doing. Hell one might say that the MCU is hinting at that.

19 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

4 years is an eternity in the MCU. 

Look what we’ve had in just over 10 years!! I fully expect another Avengers by 2023. 

Guess we’ll know more in a week when we maybe get Marvel’s line up at Comic Con

Is it confirmed that the full lineup will be revealed at SDCC? I would have thought D23 will be more special to them since it's a company event.

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

GoTG 3 could do 1.5 Billion.

Maybe, if Disney casts Statham and Dwayne, drops Gunn (again) in favour of Wan, gets $400m from China and throws in a couple of full blown songs to get $100m in Japan.

star-lord-dancing-gif-7.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

4 years is an eternity in the MCU. 

Look what we’ve had in just over 10 years!! I fully expect another Avengers by 2023. 

Guess we’ll know more in a week when we maybe get Marvel’s line up at Comic Con

3 years maximum. They should not exceed that.

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

Maybe, if Disney casts Statham and Dwayne, drops Gunn (again) in favour of Wan, gets $400m from China and throws in a couple of full blown songs to get $100m in Japan.

star-lord-dancing-gif-7.gif

Gunn>>>Wan