charlie Jatinder

Thursday Numbers - (7/11)

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Gibson's Hamlet over Olivier's? 

= Zeffirelli's try to make a Hamlet teens / YA might more then too often connect to and as such maybe to get to be more open minded to the classics in general.

Btw, the few then teens I know that did watch it for one reason or the other did like it enough, so the goal seems to have been reached 😉

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lion King movies ranked:

Lion King (1994)

Baahubali 2

Baahubali

Hamlet (1996)

Black panther

Hamlet (1948)

Kimba the White Lion (1966)

Lion King (2019)

Hamlet (1990)

Hamlet (2000)

:ohmyzod:

Kimba the White Lion is one of the worst movies iv’e seen. Belongs on the bottom of any list honestly.

So FFH managed to stay just in front of HC, good. To keep 400 in play I think it needs at least a 46-47M weekend. 

It's just going to have so much more competition in late July through mid-august than HC did.

TLK next week. Then TLK 2nd weekend and OUaTiH in weekend 3 and then 3rd weekend of TLK and OW of H&S in weekend 4. 

25 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So FFH managed to stay just in front of HC, good. To keep 400 in play I think it needs at least a 46-47M weekend. 

It's just going to have so much more competition in late July through mid-august than HC did.

TLK next week. Then TLK 2nd weekend and OUaTiH in weekend 3 and then 3rd weekend of TLK and OW of H&S in weekend 4. 

the competition ends when h&s comes in the beggining of next month, however i believe that while there will be some affect  these 4 movies are different enough that can co existi, plus it really a wasteland after h&s

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

OUATIH is not gonna hurt FFH, different audience. It's gonna co-exist with TLK and H&S. 400M is happening.

I'm not there yet. if it has HC's run the rest of the way it gets to 400.36M.

To get to 400 it has to match HC's run from here on out or it will not make it to 400.

That is going to be tough as it has more competition to deal with starting i week 3 than HC did. It has no cushion right now.

The biggest opening HC had to deal with was in weekend 2 and that was a 56M opener. FFH is going to have to deal with an opener that is going to be 3-4X that in weekend 3 and then deal with another opening of likely that size in weekend 5.

HC had to deal with openers

weekend 2 - 56M - WotPotA

we 3 - 50M - Dunkirk

we 4 - 26M -  (2nd weekend, highest opener 24M)

we 5 - 19M

we 6 - 35M - A:C

we 7 - 21M

we 8 - 10M (2nd weekend, higest opener 4M)

we 9 - 10M ( Labor Day weekend, no new openers)

FFH is going to have nothing over 15M in weekend 2 - it needs to build up a little steam over HC here.

we 3 its going to get hit with a huge opener.

we 4 - going to have the 2nd weekend of TLK that could potentially be larger than anything HC had to face its first 10 weeks plus an opener that could be 30M+

we 5 - going to get a 3rd weekend of TLK that could be over 30M as well as a new opener that could be larger than anything HC faced.

Like TLK is probably more competition for the same audience as FFH than any movie HC had to face.

HC had War of the Planet of the Apes and Dunkirk and The Hitman's Bodyguard and Annabelle Creation. None of them were really direct competition. 

I think the environment overall was better for HC to have great legs than it is for FFH.

400M would be a great win for FFH if it can get there.

I'm hoping for something in the upper 40's this weekend.

13 hours ago, UserHN said:

Is it confirmed that the full lineup will be revealed at SDCC? I would have thought D23 will be more special to them since it's a company event.

It’s not confirmed but they’ve hinted at it. 

Hell, I’m going to D23 so I hope they wait and I’ll be there when they do reveal it. But I think comic con will get a decent reveal, if maybe not all of the slate. 

• Like 1