sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Rocketman is going to get so close yet so far from $100M. Come on Paramount, give us that prolonged run.

They’ve done that before with The Italian Job remake back in 2003 by giving it a late summer push. Hopefully same goes for Rocketman. 

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

#blamecanada

honestly FUCK this expansion. My theatre isn’t playing it and I can’t tell you how many angry phone calls I’ve gotten saying I am “politically biased” and “oppressive”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

In all seriousness blame liars and Americans with hardcore feelings about the issue. 

Despite not being pro choice I think this kinda dishonest propaganda shouldn't be in Movies by either side.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So 340m-ish OW for Avengers 5.1 ?

Small drop from the previous installement.

FIFY

It's funny that Crawl will have similar (low) opening number to that other R rated horror that's been relentlessly shilled on twitter, jeff wells blog, awards watch forum, 4chan and reddit, despite being ignored by all those shills. :lol: tells you something about shill power or lack therefore. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

It's funny that Crawl will have similar (low) opening number to that other R rated horror that's been relentlessly shilled on twitter, jeff wells blog, awards watch forum, 4chan and reddit, despite being ignored by all those shills. :lol: tells you something about shill power or lack therefore. 

100% right. So many blogger tweeted about Midsommar and see its OW. Crawl may outgross it overall. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Avengers 5 is destined to be Ultron 2.0. Will make a lot of money yet still end up looking pathetic in the context of its franchise. 6 and/or 7 will be the big payoff event films again. 

We'll see, at the time of Ultron, the MCU wasn't even that serialized.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Avengers 5 is destined to be Ultron 2.0. Will make a lot of money yet still end up looking pathetic in the context of its franchise. 6 and/or 7 will be the big payoff event films again. 

Only delusional will be disappointed. Ultron was actually a disappointment domestically but Avengers 5 will be new phase with new Avengers. 

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So 340m-ish Dom for Avengers 5.1 ?

Big drop from the previous installement.

Are you talking about FFH? I think it will make much more than 340. It should end with at least 365-370. If it can withstand TLK and FF9, then it could challenge 400. 

By the way, I am psyched that today is my 2 year BOT anniversary. This is such a great community! Through all the ups and downs, hits and flops, there is no better place to debate/analyze/celebrate movies. 

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Are you talking about FFH? I think it will make much more than 340. It should end with at least 365-370. If it can withstand TLK and FF9, then it could challenge 400. 

By the way, I am psyched that today is my 2 year BOT anniversary. This is such a great community! Through all the ups and downs, hits and flops, there is no better place to debate/analyze/celebrate movies. 

The previous installment for Avengers 5 would be Endgame. Anything under 600mil would be a let down tbh.

2 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Why is this shit still in theaters?

So, it can pass UglyDolls for #47 DOM on the year (did UglyDolls really fully leave and close its DOM BO by 7/4/19?  That's gotta be the fastest departure for a mid-size animated film ever!  Forget other disappointments for this year...that's gotta be a top 5, even if I expected crappy numbers from it...I don't think I expected a literal 2 month total run with the summer weekdays:)...

• Like 1

both FFH and TS4 end up below their comps for Friday - hopefully they have better Sat increases. 

Everything below the top 6 is going to have their theater counts slashed next week. #5 and 6 will probably see smaller decreases.

FFH probably doesn't lose any theaters (or just a handful in very small theaters) but could see its screen count cut by 50% next week. TS4 will lose some theaters but probably not a huge drop.

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I'd add at least 100 OS personally. MCU is just a powerhouse overseas nowadays.

If Thor and Hulk are involved, maybe. Otherwise we'll be getting none of the OGs, and that's going to take a bite out of box office.