sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

3 minutes ago, Davidwested said:

So you have not seen any movie from other studios ?

What about Shazam since you seem to be a Superhero movie fan ?

I see movies that look good to me no matter what studio they’re from. Usually that’s like 80% of Disney movies and 5% of other movies.

• Disbelief 1

Just wanna throw this insanity out there:

If Aladdin had Inside Out's 8th weekend multi, it would finish with 378m. :ohmygod:

Now granted, IO did get a big Labor Day expansion that Aladdin may not have, so in that case that won't happen. But on the other hand, it's sure to get a double feature boost next weekend and with the way it's been holding Disney would be kinda crazy to not do a big re-expansion around LD time. So maybe 380 isn't so crazy after all. Aladdin has been destroying IO's weekend holds pretty much every weekend so far. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I see movies that look good to me no matter what studio they’re from. Usually that’s like 80% of Disney movies and 5% of other movies.

So what about Shazam it looked fun and it was a fun superhero movie.

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just wanna throw this insanity out there:

If Aladdin had Inside Out's 8th weekend multi, it would finish with 378m. :ohmygod:

Now granted, IO did get a big Labor Day expansion that Aladdin may not have, so in that case that won't happen. But on the other hand, it's sure to get a double feature boost next weekend and with the way it's been holding Disney would be kinda crazy to not do a big re-expansion around LD time. So maybe 380 isn't so crazy after all. Aladdin has been destroying IO's weekend holds pretty much every weekend so far. 

No question in my mind it's getting the LD weekend expansion. Remember AEG won't require LD expansion anymore so only 2 candidates remain TS4 and Aladdin for it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davidwested said:

So what about Shazam it looked fun and it was a fun superhero movie.

I liked Shazam, sure. Off the top of my head this year I also liked LM2, HTTYD3, Alita, Pika, and JW3. I expect to like Jumanji, and hopefully Charlie’s Angels and Terminator. Sure I’m forgetting some.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, druv10 said:

No question in my mind it's getting the LD weekend expansion. Remember AEG won't require LD expansion anymore so only 2 candidates remain TS4 and Aladdin for it. 

And TS4 will be passing 400 million without much trouble, so it makes more sense to give the boost to Aladdin. 

I would to see love Aladdin finish in the 370-380 million range. Such an epic run!

Really wondering what next weekend's hold looks like if it is indeed getting all the double features with Lion King (which makes sense)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, druv10 said:

What if it goes all the way to 400 with an LD expansion? :ph34r: I mean, there's zero kids stuff in September until the last weekend of the month.

Edited by MovieMan89

8 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Endgame passing Avatar is a given now right? Right?

Yeah, with the next OS update on Sunday, it's going to be within 4M of breaking the record and maybe as little as 3M. Record should happen, if not by end of July than the first weekend in August but it's a done deal. Avatar held that record for nearly a decade.

Edited by druv10

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I liked Shazam, sure. Off the top of my head this year I also liked LM2, HTTYD3, Alita, Pika, and JW3. I expect to like Jumanji, and hopefully Charlie’s Angels and Terminator. Sure I’m forgetting some.

IT:Chapter 2 and maybe JOKER ?

Movies I saw this year:

Captain Marvel

Us

Shazam

Detective Pikachu

Avengers Endgame (twice)

Toy Story 4

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Broly

So yeah... half are Disney/produced by a Disney studio. And I'm planning to see Lion King, Skywalker, and It 2. I used to go to the movies a lot more but nowadays it just feels like every other weekend what comes out looks meh to me. I think I'm just more picky. I might still go see Aladdin though.

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, Davidwested said:

IT:Chapter 2 and maybe JOKER ?

Horror isn’t really my thing. Haven’t seen IT 1, don’t plan to.   

I really liked the Ledger joker, but not a fan of the (seemingly legit) script leaks for the Phoenix version. Maybe if the critic and audience scores are both high.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What if it goes all the way to 400 with an LD expansion? :ph34r: I mean, there's zero kids stuff in September until the last weekend of the month.

Yeah, that would be something else. Along with AEG, it has had the most impressive runs of the year. If this continues, it may top AEG.

With continued great numbers in SK, Japan and Dom, Aladdin's looking at potentially $1.1B+ WW. :ohmygod: