sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

• Lego Movie 2
  • Captain Marvel
  • Us
  • Shazam!
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Pokémon: Detective Pikachu
  • Aladdin
  • Godzilla: King of the Monsters
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • (Lion King on Wednesday)

Given my financial state I've been to a decent amount of films in the last six months.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

And Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Avengers.    

Far From Home’s 2nd weekend drop is the only one inflated by a Tuesday release though.

Yeah Tuesday is the reason, I added the charlie estimate numbers which would be around 45.5% only BP would be better than that. Third weekend will be interesting.

I shouldn't be this invested in a tentpole movie beating another tentpole from the same studio but ye gods that Endgame crown is so freaking close... can it get there by early August? That's an incredible hold considering theater drop. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davidwested said:

So you have not seen any movie from other studios ?

What about Shazam since you seem to be a Superhero movie fan

I really don't understand why you cry so much, Disney dominate this year cause they went all out with their biggest movies to promote their streaming platform, it's not like this is typical Disney performance

As I remember the nearest year when Disney had more dominance over other studios was 2016

WB had a great 2017, universal dominated in 2015, and you see WB taking the bigger market share often until 2013, Paramount had also good share in the 2000s

But you seems to be crying specially this year and acting like movie industry is destroyed.

Wait for 2020 and you will see Disney returning to it's normal market share, it will compete with WB for first spot and it's gonna be close.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 75Live said:

i'm up to about 12 this year and that's low for me, but I've been more picky lately.

So I still see a lot of movies in the theater, plus I like to keep my diamond status with Regal 😛 

My theater has $5 Mondays. And, $5 Tuesdays for Rewards Members. Membership is free. Just use it to track data as to what you see. So... Catch most of them one of those two days if I don't feel inspired to see it opening night. It's also within 10 minutes walking distance so no transportation fee or hassle.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

I really don't understand why you cry so much, Disney dominate this year cause they went all out with their biggest movies to promote their streaming platform, it's not like this is typical Disney performance

As I remember the nearest year when Disney had more dominance over other studios was 2016

WB had a great 2017, universal dominated in 2015, and you see WB taking the bigger market share often until 2013, Paramount had also good share in the 2000s

But you seems to be crying specially this year and acting like movie industry is destroyed.

Wait for 2020 and you will see Disney returning to it's normal market share, it will compete with WB for first spot and it's gonna be close.

I am not the only one as you can see here even one said i hope the other studios do not throw in the towel like FOX. Which is definitely a ridiculous statement.

13 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Up from estimates!

12 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

11 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

AEG is up 24% from estimates which seems crazy.

Aladdin and TS4 are up 300K. Aladdin with an updated drop of only 17.9% for the weekend and TS4 with 38%. Fantastic for all 3.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Yeah Tuesday is the reason, I added the charlie estimate numbers which would be around 45.5% only BP would be better than that. Third weekend will be interesting.

Charlie’s Sun numbers were very close to the studio estimates, and the revised estimates from this morning will be very close to the mark. -51%

Edited by Thanos Legion