sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

Had a bit of short-timed problems a few hours back, but all is fine now (NB, W7, Mozilla)

What is still strange:

if I get new notifications the new ones are already not bold (new) anymore

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Had a bit of short-timed problems a few hours back, but all is fine now (NB, W7, Mozilla)

What is still strange:

That happened after the latest forum software update.  Unfortunately.

What's going on is the notification in the notification sub-window will be bold if there is unread content in that thread and not-bolded if you've read up on the thread.  Doesn't matter if the notification is new or old.  It completely depends on whether or not there is unread content in the thread that the notification is from.

Faintly annoying because it makes it difficult to see just what is a new notification and what isn't, but I'll live with it if it's something that the Staff can't fix (and I presume that they can't).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Re: notifications 

I've noticed it grays out the ones I’ve already read and keeps the ones I haven’t read bolded even after checking the notification tab multiple times. Kinda nice as it allows me to know which followed threads I still have unread posts in. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

What is still strange:

This. I'm also experiencing this. There are new unread ones that are no longer in bold.

• Like 1