Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

I'd be thrilled if this was ready for a 2020 release so Chazelle joins the list of acclaimed filmmakers with new projects coming out next year, but I think we're gonna have to wait until 2021 to see it. Then again, his Netflix series The Eddy is probably due for 2020 so he'll have something to offer.

18 minutes ago, gadd said:

I'd be thrilled if this was ready for a 2020 release so Chazelle joins the list of acclaimed filmmakers with new projects coming out next year, but I think we're gonna have to wait until 2021 to see it. Then again, his Netflix series The Eddy is probably due for 2020 so he'll have something to offer.

Emma's gonna be busy for a while too (Cruella begins shooting soon and I'm pretty sure the Alexander Payne movie will be done before this) so this will definitely be 2021. Excited for more Chazelle (and another collaboration with Stone) though!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

after first man kinda flopped.

What an underrated film imo. Shame that audiences rejected it.

I guess Gosling is taking a break, since he was doing 1-2 movies a year and he hasn't signed onto any since First Man wrapped.

I think instead of rushing out one film every two years, Chazelle needs to step back for a moment, breathe, take more time to develop this film, and then have it released in 2021. The guy is a gifted filmmaker, but the film would end up being that much more meaningful if he gave the project more time.

Edited by Slambros

30 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I think instead of rushing out one film every two years, Chazelle needs to step back for a moment, breathe, take more time to develop this film, and then have it released in 2021. The guy is a gifted filmmaker, but the film would end up being that much more meaningful if he gave the project more time.

he's about to do his TV show right now so i'd bet this doesn't come out until '21.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Set when silents were being taken over by talkies...another old Hollywood "homage" from Chazelle, this time Singin' in the Rain (sans music apparently)?

A more serious take then Singing In the Rain.

When I first saw a movie about silent Hollywood called Babylon, my first thought was "Oh, it's gong to take place circa 1916 with the filming of D.W. Griffith's "Intolerence" but I was wrong.

• Like 1