Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

On 1/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This sounds like La La Land 2, and I couldn't be more excited!

Some people that have read the screenplay over at awardswatch say this is very raunchy with lots of sex/orgies/nudity. Damien Jizzelle rises.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Some people that have read the screenplay over at awardswatch say this is very raunchy with lots of sex/orgies/nudity. Damien Jizzelle rises.

Is AwardsWatch still up? I thought it shut down a couple years ago.

6 minutes ago, Joel M said:

So basically, it's Hollywood: The Good Version. I guess "alternative look at Classic Hollywood" projects are the new thing in the industry after OUATIH.

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So basically, it's Hollywood: The Good Version. I guess "alternative look at Classic Hollywood" projects are the new thing in the industry after OUATIH.

I assume it will fictionalize/dramatize backstage stuff of that era that have only survived as rumours if at all, there's no recorded history of how many orgies Clara Bow took part in. But I doubt it will alter "official" history in a big way like OUATIH or Hollywood did.

Haven't read the script though, for all we know maybe a fictional Chazelle character becomes the Jazz Singer or something.

Edited by Joel M

it's fine. surprisingly horny. didn't know chazelle had it in him. curious who they cast as anna may wong and this young mexican character who was pretty much the lead from what i read. those are both good parts.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah nothing so far indicates this will be revisionist/"alternative" history. Unless you think sex, orgies and nudity didn't exist in 1920s Hollywood which have I got news for you...

It takes place in the 40s instead of the 20s but the first two episodes of Hollywood is literally all sex lmao. Although a Damien Chazelle fictionalized version of that period would have more class and less cheap titillation to it than a Ryan Murphy one would.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's fine. surprisingly horny. didn't know chazelle had it in him. curious who they cast as anna may wong and this young mexican character who was pretty much the lead from what i read. those are both good parts.

Constance Wu seems like a good choice for Wong (although I wouldn't be against it if they got the actress who played her in Hollywood again either). She's available now that her show is over and she's on a good run right now between Crazy Rich Asians and Hustlers (and everyone already seems to have forgotten that Twitter drama). Even channeled her a bit at last year's Met Gala.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Could this be the first NC-17 Best Picture nominee since the conception of the rating (Last Tango in Paris got rated NC-17 years after it released)?

Unless they sell it off to Netflix, this will definitely be R. The chains won't play NC-17 movies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unless they sell it off to Netflix, this will definitely be R. The chains won't play NC-17 movies.

I mean I heard that the sex scenes in this tops Eyes Wide Shut which only got an R-rating only after some censoring. I guess they'll have to do the same here if the sex scenes are too explicit.