TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Natalie Portman Is Forging New Fairy Tales and Swinging Thor's Hammer

I can’t tell you that much. I’m really excited. I’m starting to train, to get muscles. If there can be all these female superheroes, the more of them they are, the better it is. I’m trying to think — it’s based on the graphic novel of the Mighty Thor. She’s going through cancer treatment and is a superhero on the side.

Edited by LVB
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

So this is going before Furiosa, I guess?  Hmm, Deadline said March in the Furiosa announcement, but I'm guessing Hemsworth himself knows even better, being at the center of it all!  

Edited by Macleod

16 minutes ago, Macleod said:

So this is going before Furiosa, I guess?  Hmm, Deadline said March in the Furiosa announcement, but I'm guessing Hemsworth himself knows even better, being at the center of it all!  

Furiosa is not happening until George Miller completes his next movie (which hasn't started production yet iirc because of COVID). We'll likely see Furiosa start production late next year, way after Thor is done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Furiosa is not happening until George Miller completes his next movie (which hasn't started production yet iirc because of COVID). We'll likely see Furiosa start production late next year, way after Thor is done.

Ah, that's right, the Three Thousand Years of Longing thing... I'd forgotten about that!  But is it still definitely happening?  Wonder if Furiosa is taking priority?  The Deadline announcement on Furiosa doesn't mention Longing at all...  We'll see...

Edited by Macleod

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-sequel-shoot-to-begin-in-july-exclusive

From this article about Black Panther 2....

In January, Taika Waititi’s sequel Thor: Love and Thunder is starting its Australian shoot with a sprawling cast assembling for what one insider is likening to “an Avengers 5 feel,” thanks to its ensemble.

• Like 1

Everyone was speculating that a certain famous iron-clad, caped nemesis that Marvel recently regained access to might appear in Black Panther 2...but I wonder if we were going down the wrong rabbit hole...  

How awesome would it be if Bale is DR. DOOM in this?  I just can't nudge the feeling that this might be the case...  I could also see Bale as "The Beyonder."  Either way, I'm thinking it's something big.  

Seriously, how many other obscure THOR villains are there worthy enough for Bale's interest?  Most of the good ones have shown up already...  In an alternate universe, Bale also would have made a great Loki...  unless he is Loki...a different Loki...from another universe?  Perhaps he's from the multiverse, no matter who he's playing?

This "Avengers" quote from an insider only makes it seem more likely that Bale's role will be a high-profile villain and that we may yet get a few more cameo announcements...

Edited by Macleod

9 hours ago, Macleod said:

Seriously, how many other obscure THOR villains are there worthy enough for Bale's interest?  Most of the good ones have shown up already... 

I think that takes a lot of presumption that Bale would demand or require a "name" character to be interested in being apart of the MCU. There's a lot of lesser known characters that are very interesting, and typically the big name celebrities who come to the MCU don't do it for multi-film rolls (Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie (rumored to die in Eternals)).

I'd love to see Bale as Gorr the God Butcher, personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

I think that takes a lot of presumption that Bale would demand or require a "name" character to be interested in being apart of the MCU. There's a lot of lesser known characters that are very interesting, and typically the big name celebrities who come to the MCU don't do it for multi-film rolls (Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie (rumored to die in Eternals)).

I'd love to see Bale as Gorr the God Butcher, personally. 

Yep, it's all how it is written, obviously.  I guess I don't really mean from Bale's perspective, although all actors want something they can sink their teeth into, but rather from Feige/Marvel's perspective... I just figure they wouldn't go to the effort of even trying to get Bale unless they would want to attempt to keep him around for a while...

On the other hand, he may very well only want to do a one-off...

Edited by Macleod

The way Asian countries are back at normal without vaccine I think rest of world will too.

On that note, Civil War which was said to be Avengers 2.5, did about 80% of Age of Ultron.  Now 80% of Endgame is really a big number but I think 80% of Infinity War could be do-able for Thor 4.

Breaking it out,

80% Domestically will mean around $540mn bit high but doable. (Civil War ratio $620mn adjusted for ER)

80% in China will mean $300mn (totally doable) may be even more. (Civil War ratio $318mn)

80% in OS-C will be $795mn. Far From Home did about $540mn while Captain Marvel did around $546mn. For $795mn, it will need roughly 40% growth + a new massive market Saudi Arabia which can $30-40mn range. (Civil War ratio $795mn not adjusted for ER, perhaps $850mn)

$1635mn (Civil War ratio $1790mn)

That said, let's go $1.5Bn.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The way Asian countries are back at normal without vaccine I think rest of world will too.

On that note, Civil War which was said to be Avengers 2.5, did about 80% of Age of Ultron.  Now 80% of Endgame is really a big number but I think 80% of Infinity War could be do-able for Thor 4.

Breaking it out,

80% Domestically will mean around $540mn bit high but doable. (Civil War ratio $620mn adjusted for ER)

80% in China will mean $300mn (totally doable) may be even more. (Civil War ratio $318mn)

80% in OS-C will be $795mn. Far From Home did about $540mn while Captain Marvel did around $546mn. For $795mn, it will need roughly 40% growth + a new massive market Saudi Arabia which can $30-40mn range. (Civil War ratio $795mn not adjusted for ER, perhaps $850mn)

$1635mn (Civil War ratio $1790mn)

That said, let's go $1.5Bn.

I have to wait and see how this WW84 scenario plays out. If studios can work there way into releasing same day theatrical/streaming, it’s gonna cut into box office. I agree with your numbers, barring the scenario I mentioned.

This might as well be the first solo CBM in the $1.4B-$1.5B range. It really depends on how things are in 2022.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, Macleod said:

Yep, it's all how it is written, obviously.  I guess I don't really mean from Bale's perspective, although all actors want something they can sink their teeth into, but rather from Feige/Marvel's perspective... I just figure they wouldn't go to the effort of even trying to get Bale unless they would want to attempt to keep him around for a while...

On the other hand, he may very well only want to do a one-off...

Bale seemed done with blockbusters for almost a decade. The fact that he agreed to do this is really interesting imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

Yes

This is not confirmed, I think.  Just speculated by people...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a cameo.  What probably happens is that they are all together at the beginning moving through space, and they encounter something, have an extended pre-credits adventure that sets up where Thor is for the movie, then we move into the rest, and they depart.

...But then again, it's Waititi...he's not known for sticking to formula, exactly...

Edited by Macleod

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

What probably happens is that they are all together at the beginning moving through space, and they encounter something, have an extended pre-credits adventure that sets up where Thor is for the movie, then we move into the rest, and they depart.

This is pretty much what I expect as well.    

Multiple trades confirmed Pratt being in the movie, so it’s more than just rumors at this point.