TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

I don't expect the Guardians will be in it much, probably the same amount they were in Infinity War (enough to establish that they have a purpose being in the film, but not the focus.) 

I'm very curious what the storyline is going to be. I believe Taika (or someone) at some point mentioned it would involve the Jane Foster cancer storyline. But it's also about Valkyrie finding "a queen", and the God Butcher storyline? That's a lot for one film. I wonder if this could be the first of a two part set of films? 

5 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Thor is a Thor movie for only the last 5 minutes? 

disagree eric cartman GIF by South Park

He's not gonna be Thor in the movie though!  He's probably gonna be Odinson!  Jane Foster is THOR.

52 minutes ago, Wondy said:

He's not gonna be Thor in the movie though!  He's probably gonna be Odinson!  Jane Foster is THOR.

Thor Odinson. He's not going to lose his name just because Jane gets a hammer. I know that's how things played out in the comics, but that was dumb then and it's dumb now. That would be like calling RiRi Williams, Tony Stark; just because she's rocking Iron Man armor. 

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Thor Odinson. He's not going to lose his name just because Jane gets a hammer. I know that's how things played out in the comics, but that was dumb then and it's dumb now. That would be like calling RiRi Williams, Tony Stark; just because she's rocking Iron Man armor. 

But it’s really not dumb. Because she’s not lady Thor. She’s not female Thor. She’s Thor. So they can call him Odinson!  That is ALSO his still his name. 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wondy said:

But it’s really not dumb. Because she’s not lady Thor. She’s not female Thor. She’s Thor. So they can call him Odinson!  That is ALSO his still his name. 😉

I don't get the renaming thing. This is like saying Sam should be called "Steve Rogers" now because he has the shield.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't get the renaming thing. This is like saying Sam should be called "Steve Rogers" now because he has the shield.

Yeah, maybe this makes sense to comic people, but as someone whose main Marvel experience is through the MCU (like most people)... there’s been no indication that Thor is a title. It’s just the dude’s first name. Somebody else gaining his first name as a title seems kind of weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I also don't want guardians to have more than 5 mins role. Movie should focus on Thor, Jane and Tessa. That's enough. We don't need to see annoying Chris Pratt for whole movie. 

If he isn’t involved I’d had no problem if they are in eg 5 or even 10 minutes. Can’t stand him neither (both, big part of the character and the actor)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Menor said:

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

Yeah, maybe this makes sense to comic people, but as someone whose main Marvel experience is through the MCU (like most people)... there’s been no indication that Thor is a title. It’s just the dude’s first name. Somebody else gaining his first name as a title seems kind of weird.

The Office Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Also I don’t wanna start a big gender discussion thing, but Jane getting called by some dude’s name just because she became powerful feels kind of insulting. Why would she want to be known by her ex-boyfriend’s name rather than by like... Jane.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Also I don’t wanna start a big gender discussion thing, but Jane getting called by some dude’s name just because she became powerful feels kind of insulting. Why would she want to be known by her ex-boyfriend’s name rather than by like... Jane.

I can see her being called Lady Thor. It would be an homage (since she's getting his powers) and also easy for the people to understand (in universe and the fandom), similar to Jennifer Walters being She-Hulk. 

I just can't see a world in which they stop calling Thor, Thor; and start calling Jane Foster just "Thor." 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I can see her being called Lady Thor. It would be an homage (since she's getting his powers) and also easy for the people to understand (in universe and the fandom), similar to Jennifer Walters being She-Hulk. 

I just can't see a world in which they stop calling Thor, Thor; and start calling Jane Foster just "Thor." 

4 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Call her Thunderstrike or something

I think the second is a better idea. It just feels weird to have Jane take someone else's name. She-Hulk is a different case because Hulk isn't Banner's actual name. 

• Like 2