TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

On 1/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, Wondy said:

But it’s really not dumb. Because she’s not lady Thor. She’s not female Thor. She’s Thor. So they can call him Odinson!  That is ALSO his still his name. 😉

Not really an expert on comics but isn't Thor given name to Hemsworth character. It's not POTUS, "Thor is name of Heir to Throne". 🤔

Its like Shuri/Okoye be called T'challa if she become ruler of Wakanda.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not really an expert on comics but isn't Thor given name to Hemsworth character. It's not POTUS, "Thor is name of Heir to Throne". 🤔

Its like Shuri/Okoye be called T'challa if she become ruler of Wakanda.

just in case you do not know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Thor_(Marvel_Comics)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Alternative world would be really different than something set in the MCU in which Thor played by someone already existed, no ?

Oh my....:

Marvel announced that in October 2014 there will be a new Thor who is female.[4][5] As revealed in the aftermath of the Original Sin storyline, Thor lost his ability to wield Mjolnir, which was later found by Jane Foster who obtains Thor's power and his name.[6] Thor, unaware of his successor's identity and believing Jane Foster would not be able to use Mjolnir due to her cancer, used the battle axe Jarnbjorn.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Alternative world would be really different than something set in the MCU in which Thor played by someone already existed, no ?

Oh my....:

Marvel announced that in October 2014 there will be a new Thor who is female.[4][5] As revealed in the aftermath of the Original Sin storyline, Thor lost his ability to wield Mjolnir, which was later found by Jane Foster who obtains Thor's power and his name.[6] Thor, unaware of his successor's identity and believing Jane Foster would not be able to use Mjolnir due to her cancer, used the battle axe Jarnbjorn.

Spoiler

In October 2014, the fourth volume of Thor, writer Jason Aaron and artist Russell Dauterman in the first issue debuted a female character in the role of Thor after the classic hero is no longer able to wield Mjolnir. Aaron stated, "This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before."[2] In 2015, this Thor joined the Avengers in All-New All-Different Avengers FCBD (May 2015), which takes place in the aftermath of the "Secret Wars" storyline.[3] In Thor vol. 4, #8 (May 2015), the identity of the female was revealed to be Jane Foster. Aaron said, "It grew out of the idea of the previous Thor becoming unworthy, which was something I was always building toward. I liked the idea of dealing with his worthiness and the idea of what it means for a god to be worthy in the Marvel universe. You know, the god of thunder waking up every morning and looking at the hammer and not knowing if he’s gonna be worthy to lift it. Then, of course, one day he should wake up and not be able to lift it. That opened the door for someone else to pick up the hammer and carry it around in his place. Really, the only character that was discussed was Jane."[4] A second volume of The Mighty Thor by Aaron and Dauterman and again starring Jane Foster as Thor debuted as part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel initiative after the conclusion of "Secret Wars".[5] The concept of Jane Foster gaining the powers of Thor had previously been explored in What If #10 (August 1978).[6][7] Foster appeared in the 2015 original graphic novel Avengers: Rage of Ultron as a member of the Avengers.[8]

Jane Foster reappears in the War of the Realms storyline[9] before taking up the mantle as the new Valkyrie in a new ongoing series.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Foster

details like this, also characters appearing in Captain Marvel (MCU), and other hints are reasons why people think Secret Wars will be a story arc included in future MCU releases. 

House of M too could be used for... we will see.

53 minutes ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

I’be heard 2 rumors I believe are possible (because, why not?).

One is he’s playing Zeus. The other is he’s playing Fat Thor in the play (with Matt Damon and Melissa McCarthy).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I’be heard 2 rumors I believe are possible (because, why not?).

One is he’s playing Zeus. The other is he’s playing Fat Thor in the play (with Matt Damon and Melissa McCarthy).

Hmm, why would he play Zeus in a movie with NORSE Gods? crossover with Eternals? Percy Jackson

Is Damon returning? Loved his Loki lmao so Crowe as fat Thor would be fantastic.

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hmm, why would he play Zeus in a movie with NORSE Gods? crossover with Eternals? Percy Jackson

Is Damon returning? Loved his Loki lmao so Crowe as fat Thor would be fantastic.

The Olympian pantheon features in Thor comics. Never read too many comics but I do remember reading Thor vs Hercules at the local library. That was one that really stuck with me as I thought the idea was really cool. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Is Damon returning? Loved his Loki lmao so Crowe as fat Thor would be fantastic? 

Greek Gods are a thing in Marvel comics, so there’s that. 

• Like 1